Mëkanïk Dëstruktïẁ Kömmandöh
Mekanïk Destruktïẁ Kommandöh, also abbreviated as MDK, is the third studio album by French progressive rock band Magma, released in December 1973. Magma's original recording of the composition that makes up the album was refused by the record company at the time, but was eventually released as Mekanïk Kommandöh in 1989.
|Mekanïk Destruktïẁ Kommandöh|
|Studio album by|
|Genre||Zeuhl, progressive rock|
|Label||A&M Records (most of the world)|
Vertigo Records (original French release)
Mercury Records (French reissues)
MDK is the group's most famous and acclaimed record. The French edition of Rolling Stone magazine named the album the 33rd greatest French rock album. In 2015, Rolling Stone ranked the album 24th on its list of the '50 Greatest Prog Rock Albums of All Time'.
All music by Christian Vander.
- "Hortz Fur Dëhn Štekëhn Ẁešt" – 9:36
- "Ïma Sürï Dondaï" – 4:30
- "Kobaïa Iss Dëh Hündïn" – 3:34
- "Da Zeuhl Ẁortz Mëkanïk" – 7:48
- "Nëbëhr Gudahtt" – 6:02
- "Mëkanïk Kömmandöh" – 4:10
- "Kreühn Köhrmahn Ïss Dëh Hündin" – 3:13
- Bonus track on some CD reissues
- "M.D.K." (alternate version) – 34:35
- Klaus Blasquiz – vocals, percussion
- Stella Vander – vocals
- Muriel Streisfield – vocals
- Evelyne Razymovski – vocals
- Michele Saulnier – vocals
- Doris Reinhardt – vocals
- René Garber – bass clarinet, vocals
- Teddy Lasry – brass, flute
- Jean-Luc Manderlier – piano, organ
- Claude Olmos – guitar
- Jannick Top – bass
- Christian Vander – drums, vocals, organ, percussion
- Mekanïk Destruktïẁ Kommandöh at AllMusic
- "Magma (6) - Mekanïk Destruktïẁ Kommandöh at Discogs". www.discogs.com. Retrieved 2010-01-31.