|Full name||Lystrup Idrætsforening|
|Founded||20 February 1934|
John Stoltze Madsen
|2018–19||Denmark Series Group 4, 10th|
Founding and early decadesEdit
Lystrup Idrætsforening was founded on 10 February 1934. However, there is some uncertainty about the exact date, which may ascribed to the fact that other sports activities were exerted in the area before that year. In the 1920s, two clubs were located in the area: Lystrup-Elsted Idrætsforening and Lystrup Boldklub, who would both be disbanded.
Co-founder and first chairman of Lystrup Idrætsforening, or Lystrup IF in short, was N.J. Nielsen. During the first years of existence, association football was the only sports department in the club, but gymnastics and badminton would soon join. In the 1930s, the club at one point changed its name to "L.B.", either referring to a "Lystrup Boldklub" or "Lystrup Badmintonklub".
Until 1950, Lystrup IF had its training facilities on the fields surrounding the town, after which grass pitches were installed. In 1969, another pitch and a clubhouse were constructed by Lystrup Enge, which provided a new home ground for the club. A gym, Lystruphallen, was built in 1973, and in the following year Lisbjerg IF joined Lystrup IF.
In 2013–14, Lystrup IF reached promotion to the Denmark Series, the fourth highest level of Danish football. The following season, the club reached the third round of the Danish Cup, in which they were knocked out by Danish Superliga club AaB, after forfeiting their home advantage. The match ended 0–4.
In August 2019, Lystrup IF reached national Danish media following an incident, which involved first-team players attending Smukfest, an annual music festival, meaning that Lystrup were forced to forfeit their Danish Cup matchup against Skive IK. After facing pressure from Divisionsforeningen, representing the Danish divisions, and criticism from Skive's director of football, Rasmus Brandhof, Lystrup head coach John Stoltze Madsen stated that he simply did not have enough players available to compete. Club chairman Susanne Pedersen later explained that Smukfest was not the reason for players cancelling the cup match, but that the main reason was the club's relegation from the Denmark Series to the Jutland Series, which had seen many players leave the club during the summer. The following day, Lystrup announced that a mixture of first-team and veteran's team footballers could form a competitive team, which meant that cancellation was avoided. The match was played on 8 August, and ended in a 16–1 loss to Lystrup. It is tied with BK Pioneren's 1–16 defeat by Brøndby IF in 1982 as the biggest defeat ever in the Danish Cup.
- "LIF - Vedtægter" (PDF). lystrupfodbold.dk. Lystrup IF Fodbold. 20 June 2012. Retrieved 12 May 2020.
- Tolstoy, Preben. "Historisk om LIF". lystrup-if.dk. Lystrup IF. Retrieved 13 May 2020.
- "Fodbold, Danmarksserie og Jyllandsserie". stiften.dk. Århus Stiftstidende. 14 August 2014. Retrieved 13 May 2020.
- Lichscheidt, Emma (29 September 2015). "Lystrup tabte til superligaholdet AaB". tv2ostjylland.dk. TV 2/Østjylland. Retrieved 13 May 2020.
- Blond, Mikael (29 September 2015). "AaB-træner: Lystrup har et fint hold". bold.dk. bold.dk. Retrieved 13 May 2020.
- Miles, Peter (29 September 2015). "AaB videre i pokalen uden problemer". bold.dk. bold.dk. Retrieved 13 May 2020.
- "Seriehold vil hellere på festival end spille pokalkamp - nu tvinges de til at stille op". dr.dk. Danmarks Radio. 6 August 2019. Retrieved 13 May 2020.
- Margren, Sara (6 August 2019). "Modstander skal på Smukfest: Skive er videre". bold.dk. bold.dk. Retrieved 13 May 2020.
- Nøhr, Mikkel (6 August 2019). "Lystrup-træner: Vi kan ikke stille hold". bold.dk. bold.dk. Retrieved 13 May 2020.
- Skovsgaard Tøfting, Nicolai (6 August 2019). "Lystrup afviser: Smukfest er ikke skyld i afbud". bold.dk. bold.dk. Retrieved 13 May 2020.
- Ipsen, Christian (6 August 2019). "Pokalafbud på grund af Smukfest er en misforståelse, siger formand". sport.tv2.dk. TV 2. Retrieved 13 May 2020.
- Margren, Sara (7 August 2019). "Old boys hjælper Lystrup: Pokalkamp spilles". bold.dk. bold.dk. Retrieved 13 May 2020.
- Ipsen, Christian (7 August 2019). "Trods Smukfest-afbud: Oldboysspillere hjælper Lystrup til at stille hold". tv2ostjylland.dk. TV 2 / Østjylland. Retrieved 13 May 2020.
- Margren, Sara (8 August 2019). "Skives 16-1-pokalsejr tangerer rekord fra 1982". bold.dk. bold.dk. Retrieved 13 May 2020.