Lykovrysi (Greek: Λυκόβρυση; formerly Γλυκόβρυση Glykovrysi) is in North Athens, Greece. Since the 2011 local government reform it is part of the municipality Lykovrysi-Pefki, of which it is a municipal unit/community.
Neighbourhood at Lykovrysi
|Regional unit||North Athens|
|• Municipal unit||1.950 km2 (0.753 sq mi)|
|Elevation||230 m (750 ft)|
|• Municipal unit||9,650|
|• Municipal unit density||4,900/km2 (13,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
141 23/141 xx
|Area code(s)||210 28|
|Vehicle registration||Yxx,Zxx,Ixx (excluding ZAx and INx)|
Lykovrysi is located 11 km northeast of Athens city centre, east of the small river Kifisos. The municipal unit has an area of 1.950 km2. The built-up area of Lykovrysi is continuous with those of the neighbouring towns of Metamorfosi, Pefki and Irakleio. Greek National Road 1 passes through the town.
Τhere are two primary schools, the '1st and the 2nd Primary School of Lykovrysi', a gymnasium (junior high school), the '1st Gymnasium of Lykovrysi', a lyceum (senior high school), the '1st Lyceum of Lykovrysi', as well as St. Catherine's British Embassy School.
- "Απογραφή Πληθυσμού - Κατοικιών 2011. ΜΟΝΙΜΟΣ Πληθυσμός" (in Greek). Hellenic Statistical Authority.
- Kallikratis law Greece Ministry of Interior (in Greek)
- "Population & housing census 2001 (incl. area and average elevation)" (PDF) (in Greek). National Statistical Service of Greece. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2015-09-21.
- "Administration Archived 2015-09-23 at the Wayback Machine." St.Catherine's British School in Athens. Retrieved on February 20, 2015. "St. Catherine's British School Leoforos Venizelou 77 141 23 , Lykovrissi Athens, Greece"
- City of Lykovrysi official website (in Greek)