The Lycée Guébré-Mariam (LGM) or Lycée franco-éthiopien Guébré-Mariam (Amharic: ገብረ ማርያም ትምህርት ቤት) is a French international school in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. It was established in 1947 and has integrated the Mission laïque française (Mlf) in 1947. It serves levels maternelle (preschool) through terminale, the final year of lycée (senior high school) and it allows French, English and Amharic languages learning from preschool for all children. As of 2017 the school has about 1,800 students range from 3 to 18 years.
|Lycée franco-éthiopien Guébré-Mariam|
ገብረ ማርያም ትምህርት ቤት
|Type||French International school|
|Motto||Two cultures, three languages|
|Grades||From Preschool to 12th Grade|
|Medium of language||French, English, Amharic|
|Affiliation||Mission laïque française|
|Information||Mlf School under agreement with the AEFE|
|Exam Preparation||French national diploma, Baccalauréat, National diplomas|
|Languages taught||French, Amharic, English, Spanish, Italian (Mandarin and German via distance learning)|
|Language Certifications||French (DELF), English (Cambridge English)|
The French government spends around €4 million every year on LGM, which comes out to about €2,500 per student.
- Deberre, Jean-Christophe (publication manager); Bur, Michel (editorial manager); Buclon, Aude (coordination); Oukkal, Alexis (graphic design) (2017). Directory of schools - Mission laïque française OSUI 2017/2018 (pdf). Mission laïque française. p. 103. ISSN 2260-8605.
- The Mission laïque française (Mlf) is the administrator of the school, fully run by it in terms of administration, teaching and finances.
- Thévenin, André (2002). La Mission laïque française à travers son histoire : 1902-2002 (pdf) (in French). Mission laïque française. p. 161.
- Lemaître, Aurélie (14 April 2018). "Mission laïque française : La laïcité comme pédagogie". Ouest-France (in French). Retrieved 12 May 2018.
- Teguest Yilma (May 22, 2013). "Lycee Guebre Mariam celebrates its 65th anniversary". Capital. Archived from the original on December 25, 2015.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link) (Archive)
- "My Long Friendship With Richard and Rita Pankhurst". Ethiopia Observer. 2015-08-27. Retrieved 2016-12-18.
- Syrett Cleary, Alison (7 February 2018). "Here Are Spring's Best Sparkly Looks, Modeled by Liya Kebede". InStyle. Retrieved 20 May 2018..
- Gebreyesus, Ruth (27 October 2016). "Ethiopian Records Is The Electronic Producer Who Wants His Home Country To Get Some Shine". The Fader. Retrieved 20 May 2018..
- "Amde Akalework: A life in leather". Ethiopia Observer. 9 March 2017. Retrieved 20 May 2018..