Luke Bracey (born 26 April 1989) is an Australian actor. He is known for his work in films such as Monte Carlo, G.I. Joe: Retaliation, The November Man, Point Break, and Hacksaw Ridge; and for television series such as Home and Away, which was his first appearance on screen.
Bracey began his acting career by appearing in the Australian television soap opera series Home and Away. His start came after receiving an invitation to audition; he played the role of Trey Palmer in the series during 2009. He also played Aaron Dean in several episodes of the first season of Dance Academy, broadcast in Australia in 2010. His first big-screen role was in Monte Carlo, shot in Europe in 2010 and released the following year. In 2012, he moved to the USA to further his acting career.
After moving he played Cobra Commander in G.I. Joe: Retaliation (2013), replacing Joseph Gordon-Levitt from the first film. In March 2013, he signed on for the male lead role in the drama pilot Westside, produced by McG and developed by Ilene Chaiken for the American Broadcasting Company; the pilot was not developed into a series. He then had lead roles in the 2014 films The November Man and The Best of Me. In 2015 Bracey starred in Point Break as FBI Agent Johnny Utah, in the remake of the 1991 film.
|2013||G.I. Joe: Retaliation||Cobra Commander||Voiced by Robert Baker|
|2014||The November Man||David Mason|
|2014||The Best of Me||Young Dawson Cole|
|2015||Me Him Her||Brendan|
|2015||Point Break||FBI Agent Johnny 'Utah' Brigham|
|2016||Hacksaw Ridge||'Smitty' Ryker|
|2019||Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan||Sergeant Bob Buick|
|TBA||One True Loves||Jesse||Filming|
|2009||Home and Away||Trey Palmer||Recurring role|
|2010||Dance Academy||Aaron||3 episodes|
|2013||Westside||Chris Carver||Unaired Pilot|
|2020||Little Fires Everywhere||Jamie Caplan||3 episodes|
- "April Celebrity Birthdays: Luke Bracey". E! Online. Retrieved July 23, 2017.
- Parker Lou (27 February 2017). "Oscars 2017: Aussies Teresa Palmer and Luke Bracey steal the show on the Academy Awards red carpet". News.com.au.
- McClintock, Pamela (26 April 2010). "French actor makes English debut". Variety. (Reed Business Information). Retrieved 4 February 2012.
- Idato, Michael (25 February 2014). "Home and Away's Luke Bracey to star in Point Break remake". Sydney Morning Herald.
- Nellie Andreeva (13 March 2013). "Luke Bracey To Star In ABC's 'Westside', Mimi Kennedy Joins Fox's 'Two Wrongs'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- Matt Keith (2 May 2011). "No surprise, Joseph Gordon-Levitt not in G.I. Joe 2". Killer Film.com. Archived from the original on 24 March 2012. Retrieved 15 December 2014.