Lukas Forchhammer (born 18 September 1988) is a Danish singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and former actor. He is best known as the lead singer and multi-instrumentalist for the Danish band Lukas Graham. As a child, Forchhammer starred in the Danish family movie series Krummerne.
|Born||citation needed]18 September 1988 [|
|Instruments||Vocals, Keyboard, Piano, Bass, Guitar, Percussion|
Forchhammer grew up in an anarchist community in the center of Copenhagen called Freetown Christiania. His father, Eugene Graham, was Irish, and he spent half of his childhood in Ireland in Donegal and Dublin. His grandfather was from Wicklow in Ireland. In September 2012, Eugene died of a heart attack at the age of 61.
At age 8, he joined the Copenhagen Boys Choir and developed not only an appreciation for classical music but a trained voice. He became fascinated with his father's Irish roots, the country's folk music as well as hip-hop – "Dr. Dre's 2001 changed my life," he said. He related to rap lyrics as he grew up surrounded by a lot of crime and drugs in his neighborhood. After spending six months in Buenos Aires, Forchhammer returned to Christiania in 2010, where he joined the writing team Future Animals – Don Stefano and Morten Ristorp, and formed the band Lukas Graham with friends from high school. He played at the 59th Annual Grammy Awards on 12 February 2017.
As a child, he also starred in the first 3 of the popular Danish movies Krummerne, where he played Grunk.
In September 2016, Forchhammer and his girlfriend Marie-Louise “Rillo” Schwartz had their first child, daughter Viola. In April 2020, their second daughter, Billie, was born.
- Krummerne (1991)
- Krummerne 2: Stakkels Krumme (1992)
- Krummerne 3 - fars gode idé (1994)
- 7 years of Lukas Graham
A documentary movie about his life. (2020)
- Krummernes Jul (1996)
- "Lukas Graham members open up about Danish band's success" (Interview). 2016-04-10. Retrieved 2016-09-30.
Graham isn't actually on my birth certificate.
- Treo, Thomas (December 14, 2012). "Der er krummer i Lukas Graham". Ekstra Bladet. Retrieved 2012-03-14.
- "» Lukas Graham talk number 1's, Irish roots & wings!". Twotube.ie. Retrieved 2016-11-22.
- "Lukas Grahams song: Faren er død".
- "Lukas Graham". CBS Los Angeles. February 6, 2017. Retrieved October 28, 2020.
- "Lukas Graham Frontman Lukas Forchhammer Reveals His Daughter's Name: 'We Haven't Kept It Secret'". December 6, 2016.
- Grow, Kory (2016-05-27). "Lukas Graham's Singer on Growing Up in Anarchist Utopia". Rolling Stone. Archived from the original on 2022-03-21. Retrieved 2022-06-13.
- "Lukas Graham: 'Mama Said's' Message Is 'Very, Very Simple' to Relate To". ABC News Radio. 2016-09-28. Archived from the original on 2022-06-13. Retrieved 2022-06-13.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lukas Forchhammer.|