This article has an unclear citation style.July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)(
Luis Vidal (born 1969) is a Spanish architect. He is best known for projects with his practice, Luis Vidal+Architects, such as Heathrow Airport T2, Zaragoza Airport, Can Misses Hospital and Healthcare Centre and Vigo Hospital.
16 January 1969
Early life and educationEdit
Vidal was born in Barcelona in January 16, 1969. He studied Architecture at Greenwich University in the United Kingdom, from where he graduated in 1994. In 1995 he became a member of RIBA. He is also a member of es:Colegio de Arquitectos de Madrid (COAM) and American Institute of Architects of New York City (AIA).
He was project director for the new Terminal 4 at Madrid's Barajas Airport as well as being coauthor of the Warsaw International Airport in Poland. In 2004 he opened his architectural practice in Madrid, Luis Vidal+Architecs (LVA). He soon established a cooperation with Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners (RSH+P) and both practices began collaborating in common projects such as Campus Palmas Altas in Seville (RIBA European Award 2010).
He was the lead concept architect of Heathrow Airport Terminal 2, which opened in June 2014. Among his other works are Zaragoza Airport (Spain), the new Álvaro Cunqueiro Hospital in Vigo (Spain), Can Misses Hospital in Ibiza (Spain) and Infanta Leonor Hospital in Madrid (Spain). He is also the first Spanish architect to design a space port, Front Range, in Denver, Colorado, in association with HDR.
Vidal has been part-time lecturer at the es:Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura (ETSAM) of the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid. He is currently a member of the Industry Advisory Board at the Cranfield University in London.
- New Hospital Álvaro Cunqueiro. Vigo, Spain. (2010-2015)
- Terminal 2 at Heathrow Airport. London, United Kingdom. (2008-2014)
- Can Misses Hospital. Ibiza, Spain. (2008-2014)
- Eloy Gonzalo 10 Building refurbishment. Madrid (2014)
- Fit out es:Campus Palmas Altas (Sevilla). Seville. Spain. (with RSHP) (2008-2012)
- Campus Palmas Altas offices. Seville, Spain. (con RSHP) (2005-2009)
- Abengoa Bridge. Seville, Spain. (with RSHP) (2009)
- Zaragoza Airport. Spain. (2005-2008)
- Infanta Leonor Hospital. Madrid (2005-2007)
- Fit out MNCARS Restaurant, Madrid (2004-2005)