Luigi Roni (22 February 1942 – 26 March 2020) was an Italian singer.
|Born||22 February 1942|
|Died||26 March 2020 (aged 78)|
Roni studied singing in Lucca alongside Adriana Pizzorusso. He made his singing debut at age 22 at the Spoleto Festival USA with the opera Faust, in which he played Mephistopheles. His singing partners included Montserrat Caballé, Luciano Pavarotti, Plácido Domingo, and José Carreras. He sang at multiple opera halls, including La Scala, the Vienna State Opera, and the Metropolitan Opera House. In France, he performed alongside other opera singers at the Chorégies d'Orange and at the Paris Opera. In 2004, Roni founded the Il Serchio delle muse summer opera festival, held in the Serchio valley.
- The Barber of Seville (1973)
- Zaira (1976)
- Otello (1976)
- Aida (1977)
- Don Carlos (1978)
- I Lombardi alla prima crociata (1984)
- Don Carlos (1984)
- I due Foscari (1988)
- William Tell (1988)
- La fanciulla del West (1991)
- Fedora (1993)
- Manon Lescaut (1998)
- Falstaff (2001)
- La traviata (2005)
- Falstaff (2006)
- La traviata (2007)
- La traviata (2012)
- "Toscana coronavirus: è morto a Lucca il cantante lirico Luigi Roni". La Reppublica (in Italian). 28 March 2020.
- "Musica in lutto, il coronavirus uccide il maestro. La brillante carriera tra i più grandi del nostro Paese". Caffeina (in Italian). 28 March 2020.
- "Décès de Luigi Roni". ForumOpera.com (in French). 27 March 2020.
- "Luigi Roni, célèbre basse italienne, meurt du coronavirus". France Musique (in French). 27 March 2020.
- "Luigi Roni, Basse". Operbase (in French).