Ludmila Oliveira da Silva (born April 24, 1995), best known as Ludmilla is a Brazilian singer and songwriter, who achieved fame in 2012 with song "Fala Mal de Mim".
Ludmilla in 2016.
Ludmila Oliveira da Silva
April 24, 1995
|Residence||Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil|
|Net worth||US$ 10 million|
Ludmila was born in Rio de Janeiro, but grew up in Duque de Caxias in the state of Rio de Janeiro. Her former stage name (MC Beyoncé) was inspired by the American singer Beyoncé. Ludmilla is considered one of the current top female artists in her relatively new, but popular among youth, Brazilian genre.
2012: MC BeyoncéEdit
Ludmilla began posting videos on YouTube singing, which achieved many views. Until one day she was asked to sing and rap by a DJ at a party. She performed and everyone loved it.
Ludmilla's music career took off after her breakout hit single "Fala Mal de Mim" (released as MC Beyoncé) posted on YouTube went viral. The song was first posted in May 2012 and it has since accumulated more than 17 million views. The official music video was posted in October of the same year and has since accumulated more than 15 million views.
The song was produced by DJ Will 22 and the song's introduction includes a sample of the gospel classic "Oh Happy Day" covered by the St. Francis Choir in the film Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit. Since her rise to fame, she has been touring around Brazil and has made numerous appearances on popular television shows. In an interview with SBT's TV show Domingo Legal, Ludmilla revealed that her former stage name was given to her by her friends because she was such a huge Beyoncé fan.
The stage name which Ludmila had came from a tribute to the singer, songwriter Beyonce Knowles, one of the greats of the music world. Among other hits like MC Beyonce, now one of the main representatives of the Carioca Funk in Brazil, are the tracks 'Cantar em Inglês', 'Se Eu Descobrir', 'Fiu Fiu', with the participation of MC Magrinho, 'Garota Recalcada' and 'Fala Mal de Mim'
2013: Name changeEdit
In 2013, Ludmilla said she was threatened by her businessman. The singer recorded a video saying:
|“||Hi, guys, I'm not here to give good news. My dream was always to have a band, dancers, everything. Only I found that I was being too stolen by my manager. So I did not want in my whole life, stay in that sameness, I wanted band, dancers, being an artist himself. And he never wanted to invest in me. When I try to walk with my own legs, he began to make threatnings my family, my mother, myself to death. Ending my dream. So I wanted to tell you guys that I'm no longer singing, the MC Beyoncé is over.||”|
|— Ludmilla |
Then the singer recorded another video, saying the previous video was a misunderstanding and that she would continue her career. However, the disagreement between her and her manager, Roba Cena, resulted in MC Beyoncé being unable to keep her name as MC Beyoncé because her manager owned the rights to the name. Hours later she recanted and announced on Twitter that she would not quit singing, but she would quit with her manager and start a new career under a new stage name, Ludmilla, her birth name.
2014-2015: Hoje and First AlbumEdit
In early 2014, after making success as Mc Beyonce, Ludmilla resumed her career with new look and signed a contract with Warner Music Brazil to release her first album with the label with pop roots and removing the "MC" off her stage name. In an interview with Radio BEAT98, she explained that many people in the music business are prejudiced when the artist comes with "MC" in the name, even if the music is good.
The new phase includes a decent Star staff. There are 16 professionals, including band, dancers, DJ, a sound technician, plus two personal stylist and two advisers. With tripled cache and a number reaches thirty concerts a month.
On 14 January 2014 the song ''Sem Querer'' was released on iTunes as the first single of his career under his real name. The official music video was released a day later. On June 20, 2014 Ludmilla released the song "Hoje", which was part of the soundtrack of the telenovela Império on Rede Globo, and its respective music video. Ludmilla announced by their social networks to launch the music video of his third single ''Te Ensinei Certin'' composed of single Jhama. The music video premiered on February 10, 2015 in Multishow channel and soon after on YouTube. The video features the direction of John Woo and Rabu Gonzales. On June 1, 2015 it was released the single ''Não Quero Mais''. The music video directed by Rafael Rocha and Lucas Carneiro Neves and was launched on 13 July 2015. The disc version includes the participation of the singer Belo, but for the single release as a solo version was performed. The song ''24 Horas por Dia' was released on October 15, 2015 in Brazilian radio as the fifth single from the album. The music video was released on December 18, 2015 on YouTube, and was directed by Felipe Sassi.
"Hoje" was also the name of her first studio album, which was released on August 26, 2014. The album also included the singles "Sem Querer", "Te Ensinei Certin", "Não Quero Mais" and "24 Horas por Dia".
2016: Second albumEdit
It is expected that the next Ludmilla album will reach the market in May 2016. This will be her second work by Warner Music. On January 14, 2016, it was released the song "Não Me Toca" by Zé Felipe featuring Ludmilla. Also, DJ Tubarão partnered with Ludmilla to release the lead single from her second album in Brazil, titled "Sem Noção", which is due out in late January 2016.
Musical Style and VoiceEdit
Ludmilla's musical genre is classified as pop music and funk melody. Some songs like Não quero mais feature other genres and influences, such as R & B. Ludmilla's voice is classified as Mid-Soprano, whose vocal extension covers 2.1 octaves. Vocal agility is the strong point of her singing, even with little apparent training, Ludmilla manages to perform sets of considerable difficulty in rapid movements, demonstrating the potential of her small and delicate singing instrument; her prior aptitude for mixed registration is not left out either. Ludmilla does not demonstrate exquisite knowledge about the reconciliation of support with breathing, making her acute notes become tense and less salubrious, even though she may have ease with this region of her voice. The way Ludmilla articulates also makes the airflow less fluid, making her phrasing less clear and precise.
Ludmilla considers the American singer, songwriter and actress Beyoncé as one of the greatest names in the world of music, she stated in an interview for the Sunday television program Domingo Espetacular of Rede Record. Ludmilla says that one day she went to a fair and while her parents were eating pastries she was watching a DVD of the singer and was astonished by the choreography and the beautiful voice. Since then Beyoncé has become almost an obsession in the life of the singer, her obsession with the popstar drove her mother Silvana, crazy. Ludmilla honored her by choosing her first artistic name as MC Beyoncé.
In the afternoon of May 23, 2016, the singer went to the police station that controls computer crimes which translates to the initials DRCI in Portuguese, to file a case against a man who made racist comments about her in a social network. The next day the suspect was asked to testify and confessed to the crime of committing racial offenses on the Internet against singer Ludmilla. The delegate of the DRCI indicted the author for the crime of prejudicial injury, with the increased penalty due to the crime being committed on the internet.
- Hoje (2014)
- A Danada Sou Eu (2016)
|2015||Babilônia||Herself||Episode: "19 March 2015"|
|Alto Astral||Episode: "May 4, 2015"|
|Lucky Ladies||Episode: "O Show" (Season 1, Episode 3)
Episode: "A Reconciliação" (Season 1, Episode 4)
|I Love Paraisópolis||Episode: "October 5, 2015"|
|#PartiuShopping||Episode 13: "Um Bonde Chamado Ostentação"|
|Vai que Cola||Tiziane Ribeiro / Toinha||Episode: "Tiziane, a Heredeira" (Season 3, Episode 17)|
|2016||Malhação||Herself||Episode 250: "02 August, 2016" (Season 23)|
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2014||Radio Music Awards Brasil||Revelação||Ludmilla||Won|
|Retrospetiva UOL||Melhor Álbum||Hoje||Nominated|
|2015||Troféu Internet||Melhor Cantora||Ludmilla|
|Brasil Music Awards||Artista do Ano|
|Clipe do Ano||"Hoje"|
|Prêmio Multishow||Música Chiclete|
|MTV Europe Music Awards||Melhor Artista Brasileiro||Ludmilla|
|Meus Prêmios Nick||Revelação Musical|
|Radio Music Awards Brasil||Melhor Cantora|
|Melhor Música||"Te Ensinei Certin"|
|Melhores do Ano||Música do Ano||''Hoje''|
|Melhores do Ano da FM O Dia||Melhor Música||"Te Ensinei Certin"||Pending|
|2017||2017 Latin Grammy Award||Best Portuguese Language Contemporary Pop Album.||A Danada Sou Eu||Nominated|
|2019||PLAY Portuguese Music Awards||Lusophony Award||Ludmilla||Nominated|
- "Beyoncé, Jay Z to Relocate to Los Angeles: report". New York Daily News. February 4, 2015. Retrieved March 31, 2015.
- "Radio Music Awards Brasil: Arquivo de 1997 a 2014". Radio Music Awards Brasil. August 17, 2011. Retrieved December 18, 2010.
- Aloizio Júnior (April 6, 2015). "Retrospectiva 2014: Melhores discos do ano". UOL. Retrieved April 6, 2015.
- "Perdeu! MC Beyoncé não pode mais usar nome artístico", R7, July 6, 2013. Retrieved on May 15, 2014.
- "Perfil: Ludmilla". Ferreguon. January 13, 2015. Retrieved April 18, 2015.
- "Veja os vencedores do Prêmio Multishow 2015". Multishow. Globo.com. September 1, 2015. Retrieved September 3, 2015.
- "Radio Music Awards Brasil 2015". Radio Music Awards Brasil. August 17, 2011. Retrieved December 18, 2010.
- "MC Beyonce diz que foi ameaçada por empresário e anuncia fim da carreira". Extra Online (in Portuguese). plus.google.com/115683671295748872640. Retrieved January 10, 2016.
- "Após procedimentos estéticos, MC Ludmilla faz primeiro show de turnê". Globo. Retrieved January 30, 2015.
- "Perdeu! MC Beyoncé não pode mais usar nome artístico - Música - R7". entretenimento.r7.com. Retrieved January 15, 2016.
- "Ludmilla tira MC do nome e vira cientista no clipe de 'hoje' - Riosampa - A cada noite uma nova opção". Riosampa (in Portuguese). Retrieved January 15, 2016.
- "Ludmilla tira MC do nome e vira cientista no clipe de 'hoje' - Riosampa - A cada noite uma nova opção". Riosampa (in Portuguese). Retrieved February 1, 2016.
- "Mc Ludmilla (ex-Beyoncé) volta à cena com o clipe". musica.uol.com.br. Retrieved February 1, 2016.
- "#LUDline: Conversamos com os diretores de "Não Quero Mais", novo clipe da Ludmilla". Portal POPline (in Portuguese). July 13, 2015. Retrieved February 1, 2016.
- "Elástica | Você vai ficar falando e pensando 24 horas por dia no novo clipe da Ludmilla". Elástica. Retrieved February 1, 2016.
- "#LUDline: Conversamos com os diretores de "Não Quero Mais", novo clipe da Ludmilla" (in Portuguese). Portal POPline. July 13, 2015. Retrieved January 15, 2016.
- "Elástica | Você vai ficar falando e pensando 24 horas por dia no novo clipe da Ludmilla" (in Portuguese). Elástica. Retrieved January 15, 2016.
- "Novo álbum de Ludmilla em maio de 2016 - Portal SUCESSO!" [New Album of Ludmilla in May of 2016]. Portal SUCESSO! (in Portuguese). Retrieved January 15, 2016.
- "pontopop". pontopop. Retrieved January 15, 2016.
- Ludmila faz proposta de trabalho para Alina e Uodson
- Uodson surpreende e canta com Ludmilla no palco
- Ceccarini, Viola Manuela (November 20, 2017). "The 18th Latin GRAMMY Awards in Las Vegas". Livein Style. Retrieved December 28, 2017.
- "Após procedimentos estéticos, MC Ludmilla faz primeiro show de turnê". Ego (in Portuguese). Retrieved August 22, 2013.
- "Perdeu! MC Beyoncé não pode mais usar nome artístico". R7.com. Retrieved August 22, 2013.