Lucky Leif and the Longships
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Lucky Leif and the Longships|
|Studio album by|
|Studio||Island Studios, London|
|Robert Calvert chronology|
It is a concept album dealing with how American culture might have been different had the Vikings managed to colonise the continent. The album is a tour through various styles of American music ("The Lay of the Surfers" is a Beach Boys parody), filled with references to modern American culture and ancient Norse myths and legends. The album was re-released in the late 1990s by BGO Records.
All songs by Robert Calvert; arranged by Robert Calvert and Paul Rudolph
- "Ship of Fools"
- "The Lay of the Surfers"
- "Voyaging to Vinland"
- "The Making of Midgard"
- "Brave New World"
- "Magical Potion"
- "Moonshine in the Mountains"
- "Storm Chant of the Skraelings"
- "Volstead O Vodeo Do"
- "Phase Locked Loop"
- "Ragna Rock"
- "Cricket Lovely Reggae (Cricket Star)"
- Robert Calvert - vocals, trumpet, piano, harmonica
- Andy Roberts - organ, guitars, backing vocals
- Paul Fraser Rudolph - guitars, bass guitar, backing vocals
- Michael Moorcock - banjo
- Simon House - violin
- Nik Turner - saxophone
- Sal Maida - bass guitar
- Brian Turrington - bass guitar & piano
- Mike Nicholls - drums, percussion
- Brian Eno - producer, synthesizer
- Rhett Davies - engineer
- Guy Bidford, Robert Ash, Sid Bucknor - assistant engineers
- Tony Hyde - illustration
Audio CD Remasterer: Paschal Byrne
- Thompson, Dave. "Lucky Leif and the Longships". Allmusic. Retrieved August 17, 2013.