Lucas Lima with Santos in 2017
|Full name||Lucas Rafael Araújo Lima|
|Date of birth||9 July 1990|
|Place of birth||Marília, Brazil|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Playing position||Attacking midfielder|
|2009–2010||Inter de Limeira|
|2010–2012||Inter de Limeira||64||(9)|
|2013||→ Sport (loan)||36||(7)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 2 December 2018|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 25 January 2017
Born in Marília, São Paulo, Lucas Lima finished his formation with Inter de Limeira, joining their youth setup in 2009, after being released by Rio Preto and América-SP. He was promoted to the former's main squad in 2010.
In July 2012 Lucas Lima joined SC Internacional, initially assigned with the under-23 squad. After being promoted to the first team, he made his debut for Colorado on 15 July, starting in a 0–0 home draw against Santos FC. He appeared in 14 matches during the season, with only four starts, however.
On 7 February 2014 Lucas Lima signed a four-year deal with Santos, for a R$5 million fee. He made his debut for the club late in the month, in a 5–0 home routing over Bragantino, and scored his first goal on 7 March, in a 5–2 away success against Mogi Mirim.
After the departure of Cícero to Fluminense, Lucas Lima became the club's first-choice, and scored his first Série A goal on 29 May, in a 2–0 away win against Bahia. He finished the campaign with 35 league appearances and three goals, being now a key unit for the club.
Lucas Lima scored the decisive penalty for Santos in 2015 Campeonato Paulista final, netting the fourth in a 4–2 shootout win over Palmeiras. He was also included in the tournament's best eleven. He completed his 100th game for the club on 18 October of that year, starting in a 3–1 home win against Goiás, and finished the year with four league goals in 30 appearances.
Lucas Lima failed to maintain the high standards of the previous campaign during the 2016 season; hampered by injuries in the year's Paulistão (in which he was still elected Best player), the constant call ups to the national team also impeded his recovery at the club. He still scored a direct free kick in a 3–0 home win against rivals São Paulo on 26 June.
After the departure of Gabriel to Internazionale, Lucas Lima was assigned the number 10 jersey. He made his Copa Libertadores debut on 9 March 2017, starting and assisting Thiago Maia's goal in a 1–1 away draw against Sporting Cristal; he was also elected the Man of the match.
Despite playing regularly during the year, Lucas Lima only scored one league goal during the campaign (in a 2–0 home win against rivals Corinthians); he was also the player with the highest number of bookable offences during the competition. After refusing the renewal offer from the club, he was separated from the first team on 21 November 2017.
On 30 November 2017, Lucas Lima signed a pre-contract with Santos' rival Palmeiras, effective as of 1 January.
On 13 August 2015, Lucas Lima was called up to Brazil national team by manager Dunga for friendlies against Costa Rica and United States. He made his full international debut on 5 September, starting in a 1–0 win against the former at the Red Bull Arena in Harrison, New Jersey.
Lucas Lima scored his first goal for Brazil in the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifiers against Argentina, securing a 1–1 tie. On 5 May 2016, he was named among the 23-man list for the Copa América Centenario to be held in the United States. He came off the bench in matches against Ecuador and Haiti, scoring the fifth goal in the 7–1 routing of the latter, and started the last match of the group stage, a 0–1 loss (and eventual elimination) against Peru.
- As of 4 December 2018
|Inter de Limeira||2010||Paulista 2ª Divisão||—||27||6||—||—||—||27||6|
|Sport (loan)||2013||Série B||36||7||10||2||4||0||3[b]||0||—||53||9|
- As of 25 January 2017
- Scores and results list Brazil's goal tally first.
|1.||13 November 2015||Estadio Monumental, Buenos Aires, Argentina||Argentina||1–1||1–1||2018 FIFA World Cup qualification|
|2.||8 June 2016||Camping World Stadium, Orlando, United States||Haiti||5–0||7–1||Copa América Centenario|
- "Clubes de Rio Preto descartam Lucas Lima" [Rio Preto clubs discarded Lucas Lima] (in Portuguese). Diário da Região. 8 February 2015.
- "Inter de Limeira negocia meia em excursão mandrake na Espanha" [Inter de Limeira negotiates midfielder in fake Spanish trip] (in Portuguese). Futebol Interior. 22 August 2011. Retrieved 13 August 2015.
- "Mesmo recuperado, zagueiro não treina no Internacional" [Even after being recovered, stopper does not train at Internacional] (in Portuguese). Futebol Interior. 11 July 2012. Retrieved 13 August 2015.
- "Desfalcado, Inter terá jovens promessas para vencer o Peixe" [Below-strength, Inter will have promising youngsters to beat Peixe] (in Portuguese). Futebol Interior. 13 July 2012. Retrieved 13 August 2015.
- "Inter e Santos sentem ausência de convocados e ficam no empate" [Inter and Santos feel the absence of internationals and draw] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 15 July 2012.
- "Sport contrata Lucas Lima, do Inter, por empréstimo até o final do ano" [Sport signs Lucas Lima, from Inter, on loan until the end of the year] (in Portuguese). Lance!. 5 March 2013.
- "Santos FC contrata meia Lucas Lima por quatro temporadas" [Santos signs midfielder Lucas Lima for four seasons] (in Portuguese). Santos' official website. 7 February 2014.
- "Com posse de bola de Barcelona, Santos goleia o Bragantino na Vila" [With Barcelona-like ball possession, Santos thrashes Bragantino at Vila] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 27 February 2014. Retrieved 6 September 2015.
- "Quinteto brilha, Santos goleia o Mogi e se classifica às quartas" [Quintet shines, Santos thrashes Mogi and qualifies to the quarterfinals] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 7 March 2015. Retrieved 6 September 2015.
- "Em jogo marcado por superlotação, Peixe bate Bahia em Feira de Santana" [In a match marked by overcrowding, Peixe defeats Bahia in Feira de Santana] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 29 May 2015. Retrieved 6 September 2015.
- "Do banco ao estrelato: Lucas Lima brilha e vira indispensável no Santos" [From the bench to the stardom: Lucas Lima shines and becomes indispensable at Santos] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. Retrieved 28 December 2015.
- "Finalistas, Palmeiras e Santos dominam a seleção do Paulistão" [Finalists, Palmeiras and Santos dominate Paulistão's team of the year] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 30 April 2015. Retrieved 30 April 2015.
- "Santos espanta preguiça, põe blitz em prática e faz 3 a 1 no Goiás com facilidade" [Santos flush laziness out, make blitz practical and score 3–1 in Goiás with ease] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 18 October 2015. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- "Lesões e queda de rendimento: Lucas Lima deixa mira de holofotes europeus" [Injuries and poor form: Lucas Lima quits being a target for European clubs] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 9 August 2016. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- "Em festa santista, Lucas Lima leva o prêmio de melhor jogador do Paulista" [In the santista party, Lucas Lima takes the prize of best player of the Paulista] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 9 May 2016. Retrieved 9 May 2016.
- "Mesmo em baixa no Santos, Lucas Lima vibra com nova convocação" [Even in poor form at Santos, Lucas Lima celebrates new call up] (in Portuguese). ESPN Brasil. 16 September 2016. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- "Com Lucas Lima inspirado, Santos envolve remendado São Paulo e salta na tabela" [With Lucas Lima inspired, Santos wrap patched São Paulo and jump on the table] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 26 June 2016. Retrieved 26 June 2016.
- "Com saída de Gabigol, Lucas Lima herda a camisa 10 do Santos" [With Gabigol's departure, Lucas Lima inherits Santos' number 10] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 29 August 2016. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- "Santos empata na estreia da Libertadores e mantém pressão em Dorival" [Santos draw in Libertadores' debut and keep pressure in Dorival] (in Portuguese). UOL Esporte. 9 March 2017. Retrieved 10 March 2017.
- "'Reclamão', Lucas Lima vira jogador mais amarelado do Brasileiro" ['Whiner', Lucas Lima becomes the most yellow carded player of the Brasileiro] (in Portuguese). Gazeta Esportiva. 13 October 2017. Retrieved 30 November 2017.
- "Lucas Lima é afastado do Santos" [Lucas Lima is put apart at Santos] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 21 November 2017. Retrieved 30 November 2017.
- "Lucas Lima acerta e será reforço do Palmeiras na temporada 2018" [Lucas Lima signs and will be an addition of Palmeiras in the 2018 season] (in Portuguese). SE Palmeiras. 30 November 2017. Retrieved 30 November 2017.
- "Dunga convoca Seleção com Neymar; Kaká, Lucas e Hulk estão de volta" [Dunga calls-up Seleção with Neymar; Kaká, Lucas and Hulk are back] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 13 August 2015. Retrieved 13 August 2015.
- "Brazil 1–0 Costa Rica: Hulk gives Dunga's lacklustre side victory in New Jersey". Daily Mail. 6 September 2015. Retrieved 6 September 2015.
- "Argentina draw with Brazil to remain winless in World Cup qualifying". ESPN. Retrieved 15 November 2015.
- "Dunga convoca Seleção para a Copa América com 7 jogadores olímpicos" [Dunga calls up Seleção to the Copa América with seven Olympic players] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 5 May 2016. Retrieved 10 May 2016.
- Lucas Lima at Soccerway. Retrieved 6 September 2015.
- "Santos domina seleção do Paulistão; Audax emplaca dois e mais o técnico" [Santos dominate the Paulistão team of the year; Audax include two and the manager] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 9 May 2016. Retrieved 9 May 2016.
- "Com domínio do Palmeiras, Seleção é premiada recheada de finalistas" [With prevalence of Palmeiras, Best XI is awarded full of finalists] (in Portuguese). Federação Paulista de Futebol. 9 April 2018. Retrieved 10 April 2018.