This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Lourdes Chacón (born February 14, 1956) is a Puerto Rican actress, dancer, and singer.
Lourdes Chacón in 2017
Lourdes María Chacón Rodríguez
February 14, 1956
Cayey, Puerto Rico
|Height||5 ft 4 in (163 cm)|
|Children||Chaliana Batista Chacón|
Alfredo Batista Chacón
|Parent(s)||Don Angel Manuel Chacón|
Carmen Rodriguez Ortiz
Lourdes enjoyed huge popularity and media exposure during the 1980s and 1990s in the island of Puerto Rico. She was also popular in Mexico, where she was baptized under the name of "Piel de Fuego" (Skin on Fire). She is well known for her exotic dance performances and songs encompassing "El Ritmo, Fuego y Sabor" (Rhythm, Fire, and Flavor). She shares her surname with her half-sister Iris Chacón who is also vedette.
Born of parents Don Angel Manuel Chacón Alonso and Mother Carmen Rodriguez Ortiz in Cayey, Puerto Rico, raised in Chicago, IL, and by her late teens returned to reside in Barrio Maricao de Vega Alta, PR.
She became an internationally known artist in the 1980s. She was discovered and hired by the late Paquito Cordero, of (Paquito Cordero Productions, Inc), which aired local programs and Puerto Rican TV productions via Telemundo.
In the 80s she made weekly appearances in a musical comedy show called "The Kakukomicos". While filming that show, she was given the opportunity to showcase her voice in song. "Suavecito" was her first song on television. The song was written by the Puerto Rican salsero, Felito Felix. And even though the song was never put on an LP record. It was successful in the promoting Lourdes and helped in her artist development. Eventually she a recorded her "self" titled LP vinyl record and Another hit song was born called, " El Pescaito" (The Little Fish).
Lourdes retired in early 90s, she married Alfredo Batista on July 27, 1994, she has two children. She made a few acting roles and theater appearances during those years. On May 1, 2010 she divorced due to irreconcilable differences.
- Lourdes Chacón LP Recording (1983)
- Felicidades CD Recording (1993)
- Mili (Telenovela) (1984)
- La 1 a.m (movie) (2010)
- Cena de Matrimonios (1984)
- Mi Marido está Embarazado (Venezuela Production) (1991)
- Baño de Damas (1995)
- Que Bonito Luce todo en la Navidad (1997)
- Mujeres de Blanco (1999)
- El Regreso de Los Kakukomicos (2012)
- Los Kakukomicos 1980– 1990
- "Noches de Cabaret con Lourdes Chacón llega a Punto Fijo". Villalba Online.
- "Lourdes Chacón estrena dos temas navideños". El Nuevo Dia (in Spanish). December 11, 2019. Archived from the original on December 11, 2019. Retrieved January 5, 2020.
- Sepúlveda, Aixa (June 25, 2018). "Lourdes Chacón retoma roles como vedette". NOTICEL. Archived from the original on April 2, 2019. Retrieved January 5, 2020.
- "Lourdes Chacón se quiere casar". Primera Hora. February 13, 2018. Archived from the original on September 21, 2018. Retrieved January 5, 2020.