Louis VI, Landgrave of Hesse-Darmstadt
This article does not cite any sources. (January 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Landgrave of Hesse-Darmstadt|
|Born||25 January 1630|
|Died||24 April 1678 (aged 48)|
|Spouse||Maria Elisabeth of Holstein-Gottorp|
Elisabeth Dorothea of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg
Louis VII, Landgrave of Hesse-Darmstadt
Ernest Louis, Landgrave of Hesse-Darmstadt
Prince George of Hesse-Darmstadt
|Father||George II, Landgrave of Hesse-Darmstadt|
|Mother||Sophia Eleonore of Saxony|
Marriage and childrenEdit
Louis VI was married twice.
- Magdalene Sybille (1652–1712) a renowned composer of baroque churchsongs; she married Duke William Louis of Württemberg.
- Sophie Eleonore (born and died 1653).
- George (1654–1655).
- Marie Elisabeth (1656–1715) married in 1676 Duke Henry of Saxe-Römhild.
- Auguste Magdalene (1657–1674).
- Louis (1658–1678), his successor (Louis VII).
- Frederick (1659–1676)
- Sophie Marie (1661–1712) married in 1681 Duke Christian of Saxe-Eisenberg (1653–1707).
- Ernst Louis (1667–1739), successor of his half-brother Louis VII who ruled for only 4 months
- Georg (1669–1705), renowned Field Marshal, killed in Barcelona
- Sophie Louise (1670–1758), married Albrecht Ernst II von Oettingen-Oettingen (1669–1731)
- Philip (1671–1736), Imperial Field Marshal and governor of Mantua, married in 1693 princess Marie Therese of Croy (1673–1714); Enrichetta Maria d'Este was their daughter
- Johann (1672–1673)
- Heinrich (1674–1741)
- Elisabeth Dorothea (1676–1721), married Frederick III Jakob of Hessen-Homburg (1673–1746)
- Friedrich (1677–1708), killed in battle
Louis VI, Landgrave of Hesse-DarmstadtBorn: 25 January 1630 Died: 24 April 1678
| Landgrave of Hesse-Darmstadt
|This article about a member of the German nobility is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|