Louis B. Susman (born November 19, 1937) is an American lawyer, retired investment banker, and the former United States Ambassador to the United Kingdom. Nominated by President Barack Obama, he was confirmed by the Senate on July 10, 2009, and sworn in by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
|United States Ambassador to the United Kingdom|
October 13, 2009 – April 3, 2013
|Preceded by||Robert H. Tuttle|
|Succeeded by||Matthew Barzun|
November 19, 1937|
St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Marjorie (née Sachs)|
University of Michigan|
Washington University School of Law
Susman served on the Board of Directors and Management Committee for the St. Louis Cardinals baseball franchise from 1975 to 1989. He was appointed to the U.S. Advisory Commission on Public Diplomacy by Ronald Reagan in 1988, and served as a director of the Center for National Policy in Washington, D.C.
Susman served as the U.S. Ambassador to the United Kingdom from 2009 to 2013. He had been a longtime and prolific fundraiser for Democratic Party candidates, including Obama and 2004 presidential nominee John Kerry.
- "Louis B. Susman". Nndb.com. Retrieved 25 July 2017.
- AFP staff (July 10, 2009). "US Senate approves key Obama envoys". Google News. AFP. Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- Toby Harnden (May 21, 2009). "Barack Obama to appoint Louis Susman American ambassador in London". Daily Telegraph (UK). Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- Tim Shipman (February 21, 2009). "Louis Susman: Obama's choice as London envoy: Barack Obama might very well owe his national political career to Louis Susman". Daily Telegraph (UK). Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- Ambassador Biography Archived 2015-09-07 at the Wayback Machine.; Embassy of the United States; 2014
- Carol Felsenthal (February 10, 2010). "Our Man in London". Chicago magazine. Retrieved August 30, 2010.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-04-03. Retrieved 2013-06-04.
- Felsenthal, Carol (October 28, 2011). "Like father, like daughter — one bundler begets another". The Hill. Retrieved July 25, 2017.