Lotus Bakeries is a biscuit company, founded in 1932, with its headquarters in Lembeke, Kaprijke, Belgium. Lotus is known for its speculoos biscuits and biscuit-based products, branded as Lotus Biscoff in the United States and the United Kingdom. The company has become an international group. Brands include Lotus, Lotus Biscoff, Dinosaurus, Peijnenburg, Annas, Nākd, TREK, BEAR and Kiddylicious.
|Founded||1932, called "Banket- en Peperkoekbakkerij Lotus"|
|Founder||Jan, Emiel and Henri Boone|
|Headquarters||Lembeke, Kaprijke, Belgium.|
|Jan Boone CEO|
The company Lotus was founded in Lembeke in 1932 by the brothers Jan, Emiel and Henri Boone. When the company was founded, the brothers made cookies for breakfast and also speculoos for St Nicholas' Day; they later specialised in speculoos. Karel Boone, the son of founder Jan Boone, became a director in 1966 and was the CEO of Lotus for 32 years from 1974, and then the president of the company for 20 years[clarification needed] (1966–2012). In 2006, his brother Matthieu took over as CEO. At the end of 2011, a new generation took over with Jan Boone becoming the new CEO of the company. 
In 2012, Lotus took over the Dinosaurus brand, starting production in mid-2013. In 2015, Lotus started producing the Trek, Nākd, BEAR and Kiddylicious brands. 
Recently (2019) Lotus Bakeries opened up two new factories on two different continents:
- The BEAR factory in Wolseley, South Africa, taking control of the production of the BEAR fruit snacks. 
- "Lotus Bakeries". Lotus Bakeries Corporate.
- Castle, Stephen (15 February 2011). "A Cookie Paste Squeezed in the Middle of a Debate". The New York Times. Retrieved 12 September 2016.
- "Krispy Kreme and Biscoff join forces on new doughnut flavour". British Baker. 27 January 2015. Retrieved 2 November 2019.
- "Mathieu Boone volgt broerKarel op bij Lotus". Het Nieuwsblad.
- "Jan Boone in 2011 nieuwe CEO Lotus". De Tijd.
- Lotus koopt Britse koekjesfabrikant - De Standaard - 14 augustus 2015
- Lotus opent BEAR-fabriek in Zuid-Afrika
- Lotus maakt speculoos niet meer alleen in Oost-Vlaanderen, maar ook in Verenigde Staten
Media related to Lotus Bakeries at Wikimedia Commons
|This Belgian company-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|