This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2020)
Los Angeles magazine is a monthly publication dedicated to covering Los Angeles. Founded in the spring of 1961 by David Brown, the magazine is currently owned and published by Engine Vison Media, LLC. Los Angeles magazine's combination of feature writing, investigative reporting, service journalism, and design has earned the publication three National Magazine Awards. The magazine covers people, lifestyle, culture, entertainment, fashion, art and architecture, and news. It is a member of the City and Regional Magazine Association (CRMA).
|Company||Hour Media Group LLC|
|Based in||Los Angeles|
Led by editor-in-chief Maer Roshan, the magazine has been the recipient of four National Magazine Awards.
Los Angeles was first published in 1961. It was purchased by CHC in 1973. ABC bought the magazine in 1977. ABC was eventually bought by The Walt Disney Company, which sold Los Angeles to Emmis in 2000. The magazine was purchased by Hour Media LLC on February 28, 2017. Los Angeles-based criminal defense attorney Mark Geragos and civil rights lawyer Ben Meiselas have acquired Los Angeles Magazine from Detroit-based Hour Media through Engine Vision Media, LLC on December 5th, 2022.
Digital expansion and destination sitesEdit
Since, May 20th, 1996, Lamag.com has served as an up-to-the-minute daily resource for people who want to keep up with what matters in Los Angeles, directly from the team responsible for the periodical, Los Angeles Magazine. The site covers local politics and breaking news to commentary and coverage of the cultural and food scenes, the site aims to keep Angelenos informed and entertained.
In addition to Los Angeles’ annual epicurean fete, The Food Event, and the Breakfast Conversation discussion series with magazine editors and city leaders, the magazine’s event team draws a high-powered and well-heeled audience to more than 135 experiences each year. Los Angeles magazine events bring editorial content to life particularly in the areas of fashion, food, arts and culture, entertainment, and luxury lifestyle.
- ^ "ABC". ABC. Archived from the original on June 4, 2012. Retrieved March 12, 2013.
- ^ "CRMA Magazines". City and Regional Magazine Association. Archived from the original on May 31, 2010. Retrieved October 14, 2013.
- ^ "About Us | Los Angeles Magazine | Events, Restaurants & Resources".
- ^ "Los Angeles Magazine Is Sold". The New York Times. Reuters. January 25, 2000. p. C2. Retrieved March 18, 2019.
- ^ Peltz, James F. (March 2017). "Top editors let go after Los Angeles magazine is sold to Hour Media Group". LA Times. Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- ^ "About Us | Los Angeles Magazine | Events, Restaurants & Resources". Los Angeles Magazine. Retrieved 2022-08-08.