Lorraine McIntosh (born 13 May 1964) is a Scottish singer, vocalist with Scottish band Deacon Blue, and actress.
|Born||13 May 1964|
Bridgeton, Glasgow, Scotland
|Genres||Alternative rock, pop|
|Spouse(s)||Ricky Ross (m. 1990 - Present)|
McIntosh is a vocalist with Deacon Blue, whose second studio album, When The World Knows Your Name (1989), topped the UK Album Charts for two weeks, and included Real Gone Kid, which became their first UK top ten single.
McIntosh took a break from music to play the character Alice Henderson in the Scottish soap opera River City, which was set in a fictitious suburb of Glasgow. Her character first appeared in 2002 and was written out during May 2010.
McIntosh has also appeared in a few Scottish films, including Ken Loach's My Name Is Joe and Lone Scherfig's Wilbur Wants to Kill Himself, as well as in three episodes of the TV police-drama series, Taggart. She also starred in BBC One's comedy-drama, Hope Springs.
In 2017, McIntosh made a guest appearance in an episode of the fourth series of Scottish comedy series, Scot Squad.
- "Deacon Blue". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 16 September 2011.
- "Deacon Blue - When The World Knows Your Name". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 16 September 2011.
- "Deacon Blue - Real Gone Kid". Official Charts Company. 15 October 1988. Retrieved 16 September 2011.
- "True blue". The Herald. 19 May 2007. Retrieved 19 February 2015.
- "Interview: Deacon Blue's Ricky Ross on the city behind the songs". The Scotsman. 15 September 2012. Retrieved 19 February 2015.
- "Deacon Blue Share "Riding on the Tide of Love" Lyric Video - Watch + Listen". Rock 'N' Load. 12 June 2020. Retrieved 2 February 2021.
Deacon Blue will release Riding on the Tide of Love, which features eight brand new songs, on February 5 via earMUSIC.
- "Long Night At Blackstone cast and crew credits". British Comedy Guide. Retrieved 5 August 2018.