Lorin Latarro is an American choreographer whose work has been seen on Broadway and in dance companies internationally. She began her career as a dancer who performed in fourteen Broadway shows and toured with world renowned dance companies.
Life and careerEdit
Latarro began studying dance in New York City at an early age. She graduated from the Juilliard School where she trained under Benjamin Harkarvy. She also trained with Pina Bausch, Hector Zaraspe and Jirí Kylián. After earning her Bachelor of Fine Arts at Juilliard, Latarro danced for the Martha Graham Dance Company and later with MOMIX and Twyla Tharp. She performed in 14 Broadway shows including Fosse, Movin' Out, A Chorus Line, Spamalot, and Swing!.
Latarro is now a choreographer in New York City whose credits include Broadway's "Waitress", "Les Liaisons Dangereuses", Waiting for Godot, This American Life: 21 Chump Street for Ira Glass and Lin-Manuel Miranda, Public Theater's The Odyssey, BAM's Peter and The Wolf, Queen Of The Night (Drama Desk Award), Encores! Fanny (2010), Kiss Me Kate, and Curious Incident of The Dog In The Night-Time, American Idiot and more. She is the Artistic Associate at The Bucks County Playhouse, under Robyn Goodman and Alex Fraser, where she choreographs new musicals with directors Lonnie Price and Hunter Foster. Upcoming: Encore's God Bless You, Mr Rosewater with Michael Mayer, The Public's Twelfth Night with music by Shaina Taub, La Traviata at The Met Opera with Michael Mayer.
In addition to Latarro’s choreographic successes, she also works with the Gates Foundation on missions in Africa and is the founder of artammo.org. ART = AMMO, Artists Against Gun Violence. Latarro brings performance flash mobs to different areas of the country to encourage people to stop and truly think about their stance on gun violence in the United States.
- Swing! – Lead Lyndy Hop
- Fosse – featured role
- Kiss Me, Kate – Bianca u/s
- Man of La Mancha – Fermina
- Wonderful Town – Ensemble
- Movin' Out — Brenda
- Spamalot – Ensemble
- A Chorus Line — Cassie /Sheila/ Diana/ Vicki
- The Apple Tree – Nadjira, Dance Captain
- Grease you're the one that I want – NBC television 2007 – Associate Choreographer
- Curtains – 2008 – Bambi
- Guys and Dolls – Adelaide
- American Idiot – Associate Choreographer and Dance Captain, Director Michael Mayer
- How To Succeed In Business Without Trying – Ensemble
- Hands On A Hard Body – Associate Choreographer, Director Neil Pepe
- Scandalous – Choreographer, Director David Armstrong
- Waiting for Godot – Choreographer
- Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-Time – Associate Choreographer, Director Marianne Elliot
- Waitress – Choreographer, Director Diane Paulus
- Company – PBS Live From Lincoln Center
- Hansel and Gretel – PBS Live From Lincoln Center
- Bessie Shoenberg Dance – PBS Live From Lincoln Center
- Rigoletto – The Metropolitan Opera – Associate Choreographer, Director Michael Mayer
- La traviata – The Metropolitan Opera – Choreographer. Produced by Michael Mayer. Available as an HD streaming video at Met Opera on Demand.
- 2020 The Visitor at the Public Theater
- 2020 La Traviata at the Metropolitan Opera
- 2019 Waitress Tour
- 2019 Waitress London The West End
- 2019 The Outsiders at the Goodman Theatre
- 2019 Mrs. Doubtfire at Seattle's 5th Avenue Theatre
- 2019 Almost Famous at the Old Globe Theatre
- 2019 Guys and Dolls at The Muny
- 2019 Superhero at Second Stage Theater
- 2019 Merrily We Roll Along Roundabout Theatre Fiasco Theatre
- 2018 The Heart of Rock and Roll at the Old Globe Theatre
- 2011 Tomorrow Morning by Laurence Mark Wythe Theatre at St Peters, Lexington Avenue - York Theatre Company.
- 2011 The Best Is Yet To Come – 59 E 59th, New York City – 2012 Drama Desk Award, Outstanding Revue; Choreographer, Director David Zippel
- 2012 City Club, Minetta Lane Theatre, Choreographer
- 2013 Queen Of The Night – Diamond Horseshoe Club, Paramount Hotel; 2015 Drama Desk Award, Unique Theatrical Experience; Choreographer, Director Christine Jones
- 2014 21 Chump Street – BAM, Choreographer, Director Michael Mayer
- 2014 Jasper In Deadland – Prospect Theater Company, New York City, Choreographer, Director Brandon Ivie
- 2014 Peter And The Wolf – BAM, Choreographer, Director Annette Jolles
- 2015 The Odyssey – The Public Theatre, Delacorte Theater, Choreographer, Director Lear DeBessonet
- 2015 Beaches, Drury Lane Theatre, Chicago, Illinois – Choreographer, Director Eric Shaeffer
- Hugh Jackman's Broadway – Wynn Hotel
- 2016 God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater – Encores!, Choreographer, Director Michael Mayer 
- 2016 Twelfth Night – The Public Theatre, Delacorte Theater, Choreographer, Director Kwame Kwei-Armah
How the Women of Waitress Are Changing Broadway Behind the Scenes - TIME, April 19, 2016
BWW Interview: Choreographer Lorin Latarro on Creating the Dances for Broadway's WAITRESS - Broadway World, February 24, 2016
How Skipping School Kick-Started a Career for Waitress Choreographer Lorin Latarro - Broadway.com, April 13, 2016
Broadway Time Machine: Waitress Choreographer Lorin Latarro Talks 5 Game-Changing Shows - Broadway Box, April 21, 2016
SWEET SUCCESS: AN INTERVIEW WITH “WAITRESS” CHOREOGRAPHER LORIN LATARRO - Master Chat, April 20, 2016
What 'Waitress' Choreographer Lorin Latarro Wants Dancers to Know - backstage, August 3, 2016
Broadway-Bound Musical ‘Waitress’ Makes History With All Female Creative Team — a Talk With Choreographer Lorin Latarro - The Huffington Post, March 23, 2016
Opening Up with Lorin Latarro - The Broadway Blogger, August 8, 2016
Flash Mob in Times Square Honors Victims of Newtown - NYTimes, February 24, 2013
- "Lorin Latarro | Choreographer". www.lorinlatarro.com. Retrieved 2015-09-27.
- Spitulnik, Brian (2013-12-31). "Interactive Play 'Queen of the Night' Opens at Restored Diamond Horseshoe Club". The Daily Beast. Retrieved 2015-09-27.
- Gans, Andrew. "Encores! 'Fanny' Plays City Center Beginning Feb. 4" playbill.com, February 4, 2010
- "Art=Ammo | Artists Against Gun Violence | "Non-action is a tragic flaw" – Brecht". www.artammo.org. Retrieved 2015-09-27.
- "'Waiting for Godot' Broadway" playbillvault.com, accessed February 14, 2016
- "La Traviata, December 4, 2018", Met Opera Archive.
- "La Traviata, December 15, 2018", Met Opera on Demand.
- "The Visitor". www.publictheater.org. Retrieved 2019-08-22.
- "La Traviata". www.metopera.org. Retrieved 2019-08-22.
- "Waitress: A New Musical | Official Broadway Site". Waitress: A New Musical. Retrieved 2019-08-22.
- "The Outsiders | Goodman Theatre". www.goodmantheatre.org. Retrieved 2019-08-22.
- "Mrs. Doubtfire - 5th Avenue". www.5thavenue.org. Retrieved 2019-08-22.
- "Almost Famous | The Old Globe". www.theoldglobe.org. Retrieved 2019-08-22.
- "The Muny".
- Clement, Olivia (February 28, 2019). "Superhero Opens February 28 at Second Stage Theater Off-Broadway". Playbill. Retrieved 2019-08-22.
- "Merrily We Roll Along". www.roundabouttheatre.org. Retrieved 2019-08-22.
- Hetrick, Adam (July 20, 2018). "Matt Doyle to Star in Huey Lewis and the News Musical The Heart of Rock & Roll". Playbill. Retrieved 2019-08-22.
- Jones, Kenneth. "'Best Is Yet to Come', a Cy Coleman Musical, Begins in NYC with Lillias White, Howard McGillin, Rachel York" playbill.com, May 18, 2011
- City Club lortel.org, accessed January 21, 2016
- "Interactive Play ‘Queen of the Night’ Opens at Restored Diamond Horseshoe Club" The Daily Beast, December 31, 2013
- Cox, Gordon. "‘Hamilton,’ ‘Curious Incident’ Top the 2015 Drama Desk Awards" Variety, May 31, 2015
- Dalzell, Jennie. "Your Saturday Video Fix: “Glee” Meets In the Heights Meets 'This American Life' " dancespirit.com, July 5, 2014
- "'Jasper In Deadland'" Archived 2014-03-21 at the Wayback Machine prospecttheater.org, accessed January 21, 2016
- Peter And The Wolf macaronikid.com, accessed January 22, 2016
- The Odyssey publictheater.org, accessed January 21, 2016
- Oleksinski, Johnny. "'Beaches' announces creative team" Chicago Tribune, April 22, 2015