Loren H. Rieseberg
Loren H. Rieseberg
|Born||1961 (age 57–58)|
|Alma mater||Washington State University|
|Awards||Darwin–Wallace Medal (2012)|
Born in Alberta, Canada, his family moved to the US. He graduated from Washington State University with a Ph.D. in 1987.
He is a Professor of Botany at the University of British Columbia and a Distinguished Professor of Biology at Indiana University, and head of the Rieseberg Lab. In October 2016, he was appointed the Director of the UBC Biodiversity Research Centre, replacing Sally Otto. He is on the editorial boards of numerous journals and has edited Molecular Ecology for many years.
Honours and awardsEdit
- Rieseberg, L.H., and J.H. Willis. "Plant speciation". 2007. Science 317:910-914.
- Rieseberg, L.H., T.E. Wood, and E. Baack. 2006. "The nature of plant species". Nature 440:524-527.
- Harter, A.V., K.A. Gardner, D. Falush, D.L. Lentz, R. Bye, L.H. Rieseberg. 2004. "Origin of extant domesticated sunflowers in eastern North America". Nature 430:201-205.
- Burke, J.M., and L.H. Rieseberg. 2003. "The fitness effects of transgenic disease resistance in wild sunflowers". Science 300:1250.
- Rieseberg, L.H., O. Raymond, D.M. Rosenthal, Z. Lai, K. Livingstone, T. Nakazato, J.L. Durphy, A.E. Schwarzbach, L.A. Donovan, and C. Lexer. 2003. "Major ecological transitions in annual sunflowers facilitated by hybridization". Science 301:1211-1216.
- Rieseberg, L. H., A. Widmer, M. A. Arntz, and J. M. Burke. 2002. "Directional selection is the primary cause of phenotypic diversification". Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 99:12242-12245.
- "Loren Rieseberg". Department of Botany, Faculty of Science. UBC. Retrieved May 3, 2019.
- "Loren H. Rieseberg". Department of Biology, Indiana University, Bloomington. Archived from the original on October 22, 2014.
- "The Rieseberg lab - Plant Evolutionary Genomics". Department of Botany, University of British Columbia. Retrieved May 3, 2019.
- "Loren Rieseberg: Biographical Information". Department of Botany, University of British Columbia. Archived from the original on 2011-07-06. Retrieved 2010-04-17.
- "Loren Rieseberg appointed director of UBC Biodiversity Research Centre". UBC Science. 3 October 2016. Retrieved 30 April 2019.
- "Molecular Ecology". Wiley Online Library. ISSN 1365-294X. Retrieved May 3, 2019.
- R. Larry Peterson, Barry J. Shelp, and Christian R. Lacroix (July 2011). "Honouring Dr. Loren H. Rieseberg". Botany. 89 (7): iii. doi:10.1139/b11-035.CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)
- "Loren Reiseberg biography". Royal Society. Retrieved 25 January 2017.
- "Medals and Prizes". The Linnean Society of London. Archived from the original on 2013-02-22. Retrieved 2013-02-01.