|Born||October 24, 1950|
|Alma mater||Pacific University|
University of Nevada-Reno
University of Utah
|Institutions||Colorado State University|
|Website||The Paleo Diet|
Loren Cordain obtained a B.S. in Health Sciences from Pacific University, Forest Grove, Oregon in 1972. In 1978 he got his M.Sc. in Exercise Physiology at the University of Nevada-Reno. In 1981 he was awarded his Ph.D. in Exercise Physiology by the University of Utah, Salt Lake City.
- The Paleo Diet Revised: Lose Weight and Get Healthy by Eating the Foods You Were Designed to Eat, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (Revised edition December 7, 2010) ISBN 0470913029
- The Paleo Diet for Athletes: The Ancient Nutritional Formula for Peak Athletic Performance (with Joe Friel) Rodale Books (Revised edition October 16, 2012) ISBN 160961917X
- The Paleo Diet Cookbook: More Than 150 Recipes for Paleo Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners, Snacks, and Beverages (with Nell Stephenson) Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (December 7, 2010) ISBN 0470913045
- The Paleo Answer: 7 Days to Lose Weight, Feel Great, Stay Young, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (October 16, 2012) ISBN 1118404157
- Cordain, L. (1999). "Cereal grains: humanity’s double-edged sword." World Review of Nutrition and Dietetics. 84:19-73.
- O’Keefe J.H., Cordain L. (2004) "Cardiovascular disease as a result of a diet and lifestyle at odds with our Paleolithic genome: how to become a 21st century hunter-gatherer". Mayo Clinic Proceedings 79:101-108.
- Cordain L, Eaton SB, Sebastian A, Mann, N, Lindeberg S, Watkins BA, O’Keefe JH, Brand Miller J. (2005) "Origins and Evolution of the Western Diet: Health Implications for the 21st Century". American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 81:341-54.
- Cordain L, Eaton SB, Brand Miller J, Lindeberg S, Jensen C, "An evolutionary analysis of the etiology and pathogenesis of juvenile-onset myopia". Acta Ophthalmologica Scandinavica Vol. 80 No. 2:125–35.
- Cordain L, Lindeberg S, Hurtado M, Hill K, Eaton SB, Brand-Miller J, "Acne vulgaris: a disease of Western civilization". Archives of Dermatology V138 No. 12:1584-90.
- Cordain L, (2005) "Implications for the role of diet in acne". Seminars in Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery Vol. 24 No 2:84-91.
- Cordain, Loren (2006). "Implications of Plio-Pleistocene Hominin Diets for Modern Humans (PDF)" (PDF). In Ungar, Peter S. Evolution of the Human Diet: The Known, the Unknown, and the Unknowable. Oxford, USA: Oxford University Press. pp. 363–83. ISBN 978-0-19-518346-7.
- "Loren Cordain, Ph.D." Colorado State University.