Lord Lieutenant of Cumbria
Cumbria was formed on 1 April 1974 by combining Cumberland and Westmorland and some other areas. See Lord Lieutenant of Cumberland and Lord Lieutenant of Westmorland for Lord Lieutenants of those counties before 1974.
- John Charles Wade (formerly Lord Lieutenant of Cumberland) 1 April 1974 – with a lieutenant:
- Sir Charles Graham, 6th Baronet 1983–1994
- Sir James Anthony Cropper 18 July 1994–2012
- Claire Hensman Dec 2012–present
- The Lord-Lieutenants Order 1973 (S.I. 1973 N0.1754)
- London Gazette, issue no.53741, 22 July 1994
- "Claire Hensman to be new Lord Lieutenant of Cumbria". BBC News. November 2012.