Lord Camber's Ladies (1932) is a British drama film directed by Benn W. Levy, produced by Alfred Hitchcock, and starring Gerald du Maurier, Gertrude Lawrence, Benita Hume, and Nigel Bruce.
|Lord Camber's Ladies|
|Directed by||Benn W. Levy|
|Written by||Benn W. Levy|
Horace Annesley Vachell
|Based on||The Case of Lady Camber|
by Horace Annesley Vachell
|Produced by||Alfred Hitchcock|
|Starring||Gerald du Maurier|
|Distributed by||Wardour Films|
An aristocrat marries a singer, but then tries to murder her when he falls in love with another woman.
- Gerald du Maurier as Doctor Napier
- Gertrude Lawrence as Lady Camber
- Benita Hume as Janet King
- Nigel Bruce as Lord Camber
- Clare Greet as Peach
- A. Bromley Davenport as Sir Bedford Slufter
- Betty Norton as Hetty
- Harold Meade as Ainley
- Hugh E. Wright as Old Man
- Hal Gordon as Stage Manager
- Molly Lamont as Actress
This is the only film Alfred Hitchcock produced but did not direct. It was later dismissed by him as a BIP quota quickie: "a poison thing. I gave it to Benn Levy to direct". It is an adaptation of the 1915 play The Case of Lady Camber by Horace Annesley Vachell. The play had previously been filmed in 1915 by Walter West.
- ^ "Lord Camber's Ladies (1932) - Benn Wolfe Levy - Cast and Crew - AllMovie". AllMovie.
- ^ "Lord Camber's Ladies (1933)". BFI. 16 April 2009. Archived from the original on 17 January 2009. Retrieved 6 May 2010.
- ^ a b Moat, Janet (2003–14). "Lord Camber's Ladies (1933)". BFI Screenonline. Retrieved 8 September 2018.
- ^ Gifford, Denis (1 April 2016). British Film Catalogue: Two Volume Set - The Fiction Film/The Non-Fiction Film. Routledge. ISBN 9781317740636 – via Google Books.
- Lord Camber's Ladies at IMDb
- Lord Camber's Ladies at the BFI's Screenonline