Loosies (also known as Love Is Not a Crime and Pick Pocket) is a 2012 romantic comedy-drama film written and produced by Peter Facinelli, and directed by Michael Corrente. The film stars Peter Facinelli, Jaimie Alexander, Michael Madsen, Joe Pantoliano, William Forsythe, Christy Carlson Romano, Glenn Ciano, Vincent Gallo and Chad A. Verdi.
Loosies theatrical poster
|Directed by||Michael Corrente|
|Written by||Peter Facinelli|
|Music by||Chad Fischer|
|Edited by||Daniel Boneville|
Bobby Corelli (Facinelli), a New York pickpocket, enjoys the free lifestyle he has until one day he is confronted by a former one-night stand, Lucy Atwood (Alexander), who informs him she is three months pregnant with his child. She gives him a chance to leave his daily life and take responsibility for his child.
- Peter Facinelli as Bobby Corelli
- Jaimie Alexander as Lucy Atwood
- Michael Madsen as Lt. Nick Sullivan
- Vincent Gallo as Jax
- William Forsythe as Capt. Tom Edwards
- Christy Carlson Romano as Carmen
- Marianne Leone as Rita Corelli
- Joe Pantoliano as Carl
- Glenn Ciano as Gomer
- Eric Phillips as Donny
- Tom DeNucci as Detective Jeffrey
- Tom Paolino as Detective Verdi
- Ara Boghigian as Officer
- Johnny Cicco as Stoner Adam
- Benny Salerno as Man on Subway
- Darin Berry as Man on Subway #2
- Tyler and Travis Atwood as Mickey and Mikey
- David Goggin as NYPD Officer
The film was limited released on November 2, 2011, and wide released on January 11, 2012 and finally released on the DVD on March 13, 2012. The film was rated PG-13 by Motion Picture Association of America for some sexual content, violence and language used in the film.
Loosies has grossed $3,519 in North America, and $421,859 in other territories, for a worldwide total of $425,378.
On review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds an approval rating of 22%, based on 18 reviews, and an average rating of 3.8/10. On Metacritic, which assigns normalized rating to reviews, the film has a weighted average score of 35 out of 100, based on 11 critics, indicating "generally unfavorable reviews".
- "Loosies Theatrical runtime".
- "Loosies (2012)". The Numbers. Nash Information Services, LLC. Retrieved July 25, 2018.
- "Loosies: Film Review". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved January 13, 2012.
- "Film Trailer Plot Synopsis".
- "Yahoo Review".
- "Released and on DVD".
- "Loosies on Live Film Journal".
- "DVD released dates".
- "Rating by Motion Picture Association of America". Archived from the original on July 29, 2014.
- "CMG, producer Chad A Verdi team up on Loosies". Screen Daily. Retrieved August 28, 2011.
- "Loosies (2012)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango. Retrieved July 25, 2018.
- "Loosies Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved July 25, 2018.