This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2018)
Londonderry is a residential area of Oldbury and Smethwick, on the B4182 road, in the Sandwell Metropolitan Borough, in the English county of West Midlands. Londonderry (commonly referred to as Queen's Head due to the pub of the same name) features a small commercial area, with a post office, the former Queen's Head public house, and a number of small shops and takeaway restaurants. Not far away, on the corner of Basons Lane and Victoria Road, stood the public house, The Londonderry, until its closing and demolition in 2009. In 2016 construction began to renovate The Queen's Head pub into a private veterinary clinic. A church, playing field, are in the area and West Smethwick Park nearby. The Sandwell Aquatics Centre off Londonderry Lane hosted swimming and diving for the 2022 Commonwealth Games.
- "Dog Kennel Lane Post Office". Post Office. Archived from the original on 20 October 2021. Retrieved 21 August 2022.
- Londonderry Pub Archived 29 November 2014 at the Wayback Machine Where's Best, accessed 23 Nov 2014.
- "Londonderry, Smethwick". CAMRA What Pub. Campaign for Real Ale. Archived from the original on 21 August 2022. Retrieved 21 August 2022.
- Kernot, Holly (19 January 2017). "Former pub hopes to pull punters as vet practice". Vet Times. Archived from the original on 16 April 2021. Retrieved 21 August 2022.
- Guttridge, Richard (23 January 2018). "Location of Sandwell's Commonwealth Games swimming centre revealed". expressandstar.com. Archived from the original on 21 August 2022. Retrieved 21 August 2022.