London Past and Present: Its History, Associations, and Traditions by Henry B. Wheatley is a topographical and historical dictionary of London streets and landmarks, published by John Murray in 1891, that is still regarded as a definitive work in its area. Wheatley's work was based upon The Handbook of London by Peter Cunningham, published 1849, as well as literary, architectural and historical sources.
It was reprinted by Cambridge University Press in 2011 in the Cambridge Library Collection of "works of enduring scholarly value".
- ^ "The London Topographical Society: A brief account" by Stephen Marks in The London Topographical Record, 1980, pp. 1-10.
- Hand-Book of London. Past and Present. Peter Cunningham.
- London Past and Present. M.C. Salaman, 1916.
- London Town Past and Present Vol. I. W.W. Hutchings.
- London Town Past and Present Vol. II. W.W. Hutchings.