The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (March 2011)
London Knowledge Lab was a research centre in Bloomsbury, London. It was founded in 2004 as a collaboration between the Institute of Education and Birkbeck, University of London. It was an interdisciplinary research centre, bringing together over 50 researchers from both social sciences and computer science backgrounds. The Institute of Education and Birkbeck announced the end of their collaboration in February 2016. Both institutions are continuing the work in their own separate Knowledge Lab research centres.
|Type||Learning with Digital Technologies research centre|
|Director||Richard Noss (UCL Institute of Education) and Alexandra Poulovassilis (Birkbeck)|
London Knowledge Lab, 23-29 Emerald Street, UK, WC1N 3QS,
|Affiliations||University of London|
The London Knowledge Lab was mainly funded by £6 million grant from the Science Research Investment Fund. In addition, it ran over 120 research projects, funded by a variety of funding bodies, including EPSRC, ESRC, Jisc, and the EU, amongst others. The Technology Enhanced Learning research programme, a major UK educational research programme, was directed from the Knowledge Lab.
Research at London Knowledge Lab focused upon three themes:
- Automating support for learning, collaboration and knowledge building
- Understanding how digital technologies and media affect educational practice, work, culture and society
- Developing innovative methodologies for investigation of the use and effect of digital technologies
- 'ALT Lab Group: London Knowledge Lab' page. Association for Learning Technology Lab Group website. Available online at: "The Lab Group [ Lab - Knowledge Media Institute ]". Archived from the original on 2 April 2012. Retrieved 19 September 2011.
- 'London Knowledge Lab moving on'. London Knowledge Lab website. Available online at: http://www.lkl.ac.uk/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=625&Itemid=107 Archived 2016-08-08 at the Wayback Machine
- 'UCL Knowledge Lab'. UCL Knowledge Lab website, UCL Institute of Education. Available online at: https://www.ucl.ac.uk/ioe/departments-centres/centres/ucl-knowledge-lab
- 'Birkbeck University of London Knowledge Lab'. Department of Computer Science and Information Systems website, Birkbeck, University of London. Available online at: http://dcs.bbk.ac.uk/research/research-groups/lkl/
- 'LKL Research'. London Knowledge Lab website. Available online at: http://www.lkl.ac.uk/research Archived 2006-04-10 at the Wayback Machine
- Grant RES-139-34-0001: Teaching and Learning Research Programme, Technology Enhanced Learning. Economic and Social Research Council website. Available online at: http://www.esrc.ac.uk/my-esrc/grants/RES-139-34-0001/read
- 'London Knowledge Lab / Research' page. London Knowledge Lab website. Available online at: http://www.lkl.ac.uk/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=41&Itemid=109
- London Knowledge Lab website
- TLRP-TEL website - the Teaching and Learning Research Programme Technology-Enhanced Learning phase is run from the London Knowledge Lab