Lombardi Engineering Ltd. is a Swiss civil engineering company based in Giubiasco, Bellinzona district. It was established in 1989. It is the successor to "Giovanni Lombardi Ph. D. Consulting Engineers" which was established in 1955 by Giovanni Lombardi. As of 2012, the company employs 200 employees.
The company is specialized in tunnel ventilation, underground, hydraulic, civil works as well as project studies. It has helped develop projects such St. Gotthard Base Tunnel - Switzerland, AlpTransit, Lyon-Turin Railway, Mont Blanc tunnel and the hypothetical Gibraltar Tunnel linking Africa and Europe through Morocco and Spain.
The Services provided by the Lombardi Group include:
- Tunnel Ventilation
- Hydropower & water engineering
- Electromechanics, fire & life safety
- Geotechnics & Civil Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Upgrading and Refurbishment
- Project Management and Supervision
- Science & Special studies
- Giubiasco Headquarters
- Lucerne Branch
- Fribourg Branch
Central American Offices
- Guatemala City
- New Delhi
References and notesEdit
- ^ Lombardi.ch. "The Lombardi Group - Swiss quality engineering since 1955". Lombardi.ch. Archived from the original on 2012-06-20. Retrieved 2012-10-10.
- ^ swissinfo with agencies. "Swiss plan tunnel under Strait of Gibraltar". swissinfo.org. Retrieved 2007-01-10.