Logovi'i Mulipola (born 11 March 1987) is a Samoan rugby player currently playing with the Newcastle Falcons in Premiership Rugby. He has played 26 times for Samoa and was included in their squad for the 2011 Rugby World Cup. He can play on both sides of the scrum. Between 2012–2018 Mulipola played 131 times for Leicester Tigers, winning the Premiership Rugby title in 2013.
|Birth name||Logovi'i Mulipola|
|Date of birth||11 March 1987|
|Place of birth||Manono Island, Samoa|
|Height||1.93 m (6 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||128 kg (20 st 2 lb; 282 lb) |
|Rugby union career|
Mulipola joined Leicester Tigers on trial in November 2011 and made his debut as a replacement on 7 January 2012 against London Wasps in a Premiership game at Welford Road Stadium. On 11 January 2012 he signed a contract until the end of the 2012 season. Mulipola started the 2012 Anglo-Welsh Cup final as Leicester beat Northampton, he was a used as a 73rd minute replacement in the 2012 Premiership Final where Leicester lost to Harlequins.
For the 2012 ITM Cup, Mulipola signed with Hawke's Bay, for a six-month contract deal. This only became clear to Leicester Tigers after they signed him after his trial with the club. On 25 April 2012 it was announced Mulipola would not be joining Hawke's Bay and instead signed a new deal with Leicester to keep him in England.
Mulipola started the 2013 Premiership Final at loosehead for Leicester as they beat Northampton to become English champions. Injury has restricted Mulipola to just 19 starts across three seasons from 2015–18.
- "Tigers profile". web page. Leicester Tigers. Retrieved 25 October 2015.
- "Logovi'i Mulipola". ESPN. Retrieved 19 April 2018.
- Airey, Thomas (23 August 2019). "Alalatoa headlines Manu Samoa pre-World Cup squad". Samoa Observer. Retrieved 27 August 2019.
- "Two uncapped players in Samoa squad for Japan". rugbyworldcup.com. Rugby World Cup. 31 August 2019. Retrieved 1 September 2019.
- Farmer, Stuart; Hands, David. Tigers - Official history of Leicester Football Club. The Rugby DevelopmentFoundation. p. 328. ISBN 978-0-9930213-0-5.
- "Tigers secure Samoan prop". ESPN. 11 January 2012. Retrieved 19 April 2018.
- "Leicester prop Logovi'i Mulipola signs new contract". BBC. 25 April 2012. Retrieved 19 April 2018.
- "2013 Premiership Final". Retrieved 19 April 2018.
- "Logovi'i Mulipola: Newcastle Falcons sign Leicester Tigers prop on undisclosed terms". BBC. 19 April 2018. Retrieved 19 April 2018.
- "Samoan Leicester Tigers prop Logo Mulipola has first proper visit to London for palace date with Queen". Leicester Mercury. 16 February 2018. Retrieved 19 April 2018.