Loco (Enrique Iglesias song)
"Loco" is the lead Spanish single and overall second single from Enrique Iglesias's album, Sex and Love. The single features American singer Romeo Santos. This is Iglesias' second bachata song after "Cuando Me Enamoro". A banda version of the song was recorded which features Mexican singer Roberto Tapia. Another version of the song featuring Spanish singer India Martínez was released on iTunes on 17 December 2013. At the Latin Grammy Awards of 2014, the song received a nomination for Best Tropical Song.
|Single by Enrique Iglesias featuring Romeo Santos|
|from the album Sex and Love|
|Released||24 August 2013|
|Enrique Iglesias singles chronology|
|Romeo Santos singles chronology|
The music video is directed by Yasha Malekzad, who has also directed the music videos for "Turn the Night Up" and "Dirty Dancer". The video was released on Iglesias' official Vevo channel on YouTube on 26 August 2013. The video has been viewed over 530 million times.
The video starts with Iglesias walking into a bar, while the end of his 1995 song "Por Amarte" is clearly heard. He orders a drink. Beside Iglesias, Santos is sitting and looking tense. Actress Roselyn Sanchez who dances alone onstage under flashing lights, gyrating in a skintight red dress. Tough guy actor Danny Trejo, looks on menacingly. Enrique and Romeo are so down that neither can muster up the energy to approach Sanchez as she sashays past him, though both look on longingly as she walks out the door.
Loco debuted on Billboard Hot 100 chart at number 87 and peaked at number 80, becoming Enrique's highest-charting Spanish song on the chart at the time. It surpassed "Cuando Me Enamoro" which peaked at number 89. The song also debuted in Spain at number 22.
The song debuted at number 8 on the Billboard Hot Latin Tracks chart with just three full days of sales and airplay as it was released on 24 August 2013. It sold around 3,000 downloads in those three days. It climbed to number 2 the very next week. It became 24th number one for Enrique in this chart. It has topped the Latin Airplay chart for 9 non-consecutive weeks.
The song also made a Hot Shot Debut on the Tropical Songs chart at number 4, being the Greatest Gainer of the week. The following week it rose to number 3 again, being the Greatest Gainer of the week.
It also made debut at number 3 on the Latin Pop Songs chart, becoming the Greatest Gainer of the week. The following week it rose to number 2. The song topped this chart in the third week making it Enrique's 18th song to top this chart further extending his record. It topped this chart for 12 consecutive weeks before getting replaced by Wisin's "Que Viva La Vida". The song regained the top spot the very next week. In total, the song has spent 14 weeks atop of the Latin Pop Songs chart, becoming Enrique's best performing song on this chart surpassing his previous best "Dímelo" which topped the chart for 12 weeks.
Version featuring Romeo SantosEdit
|Dominican Republic (Monitor Latino)||1|
|Mexico (Monitor Latino)||1|
|US Billboard Hot 100||80|
|US Hot Latin Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Latin Pop Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Tropical Airplay (Billboard)||2|
|Venezuela (Record Report)||58|
|Mexico (Monitor Latino)||55|
|US Latin Songs (Billboard)||9|
|US Latin Pop Songs (Billboard)||12|
|US Tropical Songs (Billboard)||12|
Version featuring India MartínezEdit
|Spain (PROMUSICAE)||2× platinum||80,000^|
|Mexico (AMPROFON)||10× platinum||600,000*|
^shipments figures based on certification alone
- Un dúo que promete Roberto Tapia y Enrique Iglesias El Patrón
- "Latin Grammys 2014: Complete list of nominees and winners". Los Angeles Times. Tribune Publishing. 5 August 2015.
- Enrique Iglesias and Romeo Santos Hit the Bar, Avoid Danny Trejo in 'Loco' Video Billboard
- "Enrique Iglesias - Loco ft. Romeo Santos". EnriqueIglesiasVEVO. 2013-08-26.
- "Prince Royce Climbs to No. 1, Bachata Rules Hot Latin Songs Top 10". Billboard. 2013-08-29.
- Chart Highlights: Enrique Iglesias' 'Loco' Launches At No. 1 On Latin Airplay Billboard
- Chart Highlights: Robin Thicke's 'Blurred Lines' Leads Pop Songs For 10th Week Billboard
- "Chart Highlights: Bruno Mars' 'Gorilla' Swings Onto Pop Songs". Billboard. 2013-09-16.
- "Chart Highlights: OneRepublic Tops Adult Pop Songs, Beyonce Bows At R&B/Hip-Hop".
- "#1 Latin Hits Republica D." Monitor Latino (in Spanish). RadioNotas. Archived from the original on 2014-01-25. Retrieved 2014-01-24. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Top 20 General: Del 4 Al 10 de Noviembre del 2013". Monitor Latino (in Spanish). RadioNotas. 2013-11-10. Archived from the original on 2013-11-11. Retrieved 2013-11-11. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Spanishcharts.com – Enrique Iglesias feat. Romeo Santos – Loco" Canciones Top 50.
- "Enrique Iglesias Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Enrique Iglesias Chart History (Hot Latin Songs)". Billboard.
- "Enrique Iglesias Chart History (Latin Pop Songs)". Billboard.
- "Enrique Iglesias Chart History (Tropical Songs)". Billboard.
- "Top 100". Record Report (in Spanish). R.R. Digital C.A. 2013-11-24. Archived from the original on 2014-01-23. Retrieved 2013-01-23.
- "monitorLATINO presenta las 100 canciones más tocadas del 2013, en México". RadioNotas (in Spanish). Monitor Latino. December 18, 2013. Archived from the original on January 15, 2014. Retrieved January 15, 2014. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "2013 Year-End Hot Latin Songs". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc.
- "Spanishcharts.com – Enrique Iglesias feat. India Martínez – Loco" Canciones Top 50.
- certmonth IS REQUIRED for SPANISH CERTIFICATION.
- "Certificaciones" (in Spanish). Asociación Mexicana de Productores de Fonogramas y Videogramas. Type Enrique Iglesias in the box under the ARTISTA column heading and Loco in the box under TÍTULO
- Mendizabal, Amaya (July 2, 2014). "Enrique Iglesias, Romeo Santos Dominate Mid-Year SoundScan Latin Charts". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved July 2, 2014.
- "Top 100 Streaming - Semana 26: Del 23.06.2014 Al 29.06.2014" (in Spanish). PROMUSICAE. Retrieved July 7, 2014.