Locke Lord LLP is an international law firm formed on October 2, 2007, after the combination of Texas-based Locke Liddell & Sapp PLLC and Lord Bissell & Brook LLP. Locke Lord's earliest predecessor firms date from 1887 and 1891. The firm is headquartered in Dallas, Texas and changed its name to Locke Lord LLP on September 27, 2011.
|No. of offices||20|
|No. of attorneys||641|
|Major practice areas||General Practice|
|Key people||David Taylor |
Jerry K. Clements
|Date founded||October 2, 2007 (predecessor firms date from late 19th Century)|
|Company type||Limited liability partnership|
Locke Lord's origin traces back to 1914, when John Lord started its predecessor in Chicago.
In 1999, Locke Liddell & Sapp was formed from the merger of two predecessor firms in Dallas and Houston. In May 2007, the management of both Locke Liddell & Sapp and Lord Bissell & Brook proposed a corporate merger. On September 12, 2007, the partnership of each firm approved the merger, effective October 2, 2007.
On January 10, 2015, the merger between Locke Lord and Edwards Wildman Palmer was completed. The merged firm adopted the name Locke Lord, although legacy offices of Edwards Wildman Palmer used the name Locke Lord Edwards for a transition period. The firm employs 641 attorneys.
Locke Lord's practice groups include:
- Affordable Housing
- Bankruptcy, Restructuring & Insolvency
- Corporate & Transactional
- Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
- Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG)
- Intellectual Property
- Labor & Employment
- Privacy & Cybersecurity
- Private Equity
- Public Finance
- Real Estate
For its policies and practices related to LGBTQ+ employees, culture and corporate social responsibility, Locke Lord has achieved a 100 percent rating in the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for six consecutive years from 2017 to 2022.
Other notable recognitions include:
- Mansfield Certification Plus 2022
- The Times Best Law Firms 2020
- The Legal 500 UK
- Jeffreys, Brenda Sapino (11 February 2019). "Locke Lord Press Release". Texas Lawyer (Press release).
- "David Taylor cv". Locke Lord.
- "New firm head from Houston for Locke Lord". Houston Chronicle. 1 January 2018.
- "Jerry K. Clements cv". Locke Lord.
- "Law firm shortens name to Locke Lord," Houston Business Journal, September 27, 2011 http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2011/09/27/law-firm-shortens-name-to-locke-lord.html
- Raymond, Nate (2012-03-29). "Ex-Locke Lord Partner's Tale Shows Toll That Thinning of Large Firm Ranks Can Take". The AmLaw Daily. ALM. Archived from the original on 2018-03-27. Retrieved 2019-03-24.
- "Locke Lord".
- "Locke Lord".