Lloyd D. Newell
Lloyd David Newell (born 1956) is an American journalist, announcer and author, who is the current voice of Music and the Spoken Word (the oldest continuous nationwide network radio broadcast in America), He is also a professor of religion and family life at Brigham Young University (BYU). He was previously an anchor for CNN and WSEE-TV. He is a descendant of Susannah Stone Lloyd, a member of the Willie Handcart company.
Lloyd D. Newell
Lloyd Newell in June 2013
Lloyd David Newell
|Education||Ph.D. in Family Sciences, Brigham Young University|
|Occupation||Television journalist, announcer, author|
|Music and the Spoken Word, CNN, WSEE-TV|
He and his wife, Karmel, are the parents of four children.
Newell has written numerous books, including May Peace Be With You, The Divine Connection, Come Listen to a Prophet's Voice, The Healer's Art.
- Middle name from United States Copyright Office record. See "A qualitative analysis of family rituals and traditions". Public Catalog. United States Copyright Office. Retrieved 2009-07-02.
- "A qualitative analysis of family rituals and traditions". iLink BYU Online Catalog. Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University. Retrieved 2009-07-02.
- LDS Newsroom - Biographies Archived 2009-06-01 at the Wayback Machine
- Wadley, Carma (2 December 2010). "Life-changing call — Lloyd Newell reflects on his 20 years with 'Music and the Spoken Word'". Deseret News. Retrieved 5 July 2013.
- Media related to Lloyd D. Newell at Wikimedia Commons
- Biography at the official Music and the Spoken Word site
J. Spencer Kinard
| Narrator, Music and the Spoken Word
|This article related to the Latter Day Saint movement is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United States biographical article related to radio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to television in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|