Lick Life (also known simply as Lizard Lick and previously known as Lizard Lick Towing) is an American reality television show that originated as a spin-off of the series All Worked Up and ran for four seasons on truTV from February 7, 2011, to August 18, 2014. The show follows Ron and Amy Shirley, Bobby Brantley, and their team of repossession actors in the Raleigh suburb of Wendell, North Carolina, the town that has jurisdiction over the Lizard Lick unincorporated area. The show is known for staged fights and scripted brawls that take place during the carefully choreographed repossessions of vehicles.
Title cards used from 2011-2014
|Also known as||Lizard Lick Towing (2011-2014)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||5|
|No. of episodes||91 (list of episodes)|
|Production company(s)||Zodiak USA|
|Picture format||720p |
|Original release||Original series:|
February 7, 2011 – August 18, 2014
|Related shows||All Worked Up|
Ronnie's Redneck Road Trip
It was announced in 2017 that Ronnie Shirley had been approached by UK channel Dave to make a TV series based on Lizard Lick Towing for the UK. The series, called Ronnie's Redneck Road Trip, will begin airing in the UK April 14, 2017.
It was announced on May 4, 2017 via Lizard Lick Towing Facebook page that a reboot of Lizard Lick Towing is in production as of May 2017. The new series will be titled Lick Life, an air date is yet to be confirmed. The reboot series will follow the same format but will also add new parts to the show as well. Monty Hobbs has signed on to produce Lick Life as well as guest star. Lick Life will be 6 episodes focusing on the Shirleys' lives with Hobbs brainstorming their creative adventures.
Ron Shirley started Lizard Lick Towing in 1998 with a single truck, along with his wife Amy Shirley. In 10 years, the company grew to 15 staff members and a fleet of 20 trucks. Bobby Brantley is Ron's friend and longtime co-worker, who started out as a dissatisfied customer after Ron towed his truck, then began working at Lizard Lick to pay off his debt.
According to the local Eastern Wake News, the television series got its start at the end of August 2008, when the station sent a cameraman down for one day of shooting and that was all it took for a contract to be written. Those at the network were merely scouting out prospects at the time, but after realizing Amy Shirley was not only a power lifter, but a mortician and co-owner of the recovery business, they realized there was more color to the picture than originally anticipated. Robyn Hutt, the truTV executive in charge of the show, was quoted by the Raleigh News and Observer "We really fell in love with Lizard Lick". The Shirleys are "dynamic and entertaining characters".
The first television series following Ronnie and his company operations was All Worked Up. TruTV later developed a new show solely dedicated to the Shirleys. The show premiered on February 7, 2011. The second season debuted on December 5, 2011. The third season premiered on January 21, 2013. The fourth season premiered on December 16, 2013. The series was canceled at the end of the fourth season.
It was announced in 2016 that Ronnie and Amy were in talks about a new TV series after Lizard Lick Towing was cancelled. They announced the new series on Facebook Live but didn't reveal much information due to contracts and rules. On May 4, 2017 the couple did another live stream video all about the new show which was revealed to be titled Lick Life. It's a soft reboot of Lizard Lick Towing due to the new show having the same format with other Lizard Lick staff towing and repossessing cars. The series began filming in April 2016 and is expected to air in the fall of 2017 or early 2018. An air date is yet to be confirmed.
It was also revealed that Big Juicy would also be returning to the show alongside Ronnie and Amy with new cast members to join. It's unknown whether or not any of the old cast would return to the series.
This is a list of the main cast members and guest stars who have appeared and currently appearing on Lizard Lick Towing & Lick Life.
- = Main Cast
- = Recurring (cast member appears in two or more episodes that series)
- = Guest starring (cast member appears in only one episode that series)
|Cast member||Lizard Lick Towing||Lick Life|
|Season 1||Season 2||Season 3||Season 4||Season 1|
|Amy Vaughn Shirley||Main|
|Krazy Dave Eckler||Main|
- Ronnie Lee Shirley, Jr.: Owner of Lizard Lick Towing and Recovery/Repo Man
- Amy Jane Shirley (née Vaughn): Vice President of Lizard Lick Towing
- Big Juicy: driver & office worker; her "real" name is Diane
- Bobby Brantley: Ron's "Employee"
- "Krazy Dave" Eckler: Shop Mechanic, called "KD"
- Cassie: Bobby's on and off girlfriend, who betrayed him multiple times and caused Bobby to stab Ronnie in the back multiple times.
- Johnny Reynolds: Ronnie's cousin, who occasionally helps out with the company/family, though he flirted with and tried to kiss Amy.
- Lou: One of Get Licked Towing's employees who Bobby met at a junkyard
- Earl: Repo man for Lizard Lick Towing, until he got fired for stealing.
- Grace: One of Lizard Lick's office employees
- Henry Cousins: Security guard
During the course of the original series, 91 episodes have aired.
|Season premiere||Season finale|
|Original Lizard Lick Towing series|
|1||12||February 7, 2011||October 10, 2011|
|2||26||December 5, 2011||September 3, 2012|
|3||26||January 21, 2013||September 30, 2013|
|4||27||December 16, 2013||August 18, 2014|
|Reboot Lick Life series|
- Clodfelter, Tim. "Tim's Top 5: TV shows set in North Carolina". Winston-Salem Journal. Retrieved March 30, 2016.
- Vonder Haar, Pete (January 18, 2012). "Reality Bites: Lizard Lick Towing". Houston Press. Retrieved March 30, 2016.
- "Lizard Lick Towing And Recovery". www.facebook.com. Retrieved October 12, 2018.
- "Lizard Lick Towing". Company website. Retrieved May 18, 2010.
- "All Worked Up - Bios". TruTv.com.
- "Rolling with the repo man" Archived April 23, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. NewsObserver.com. October 19, 2009.
- "Lizard Lick Towing - Bios". TruTV.
- Moody, Aaron (October 14, 2009). "Local repo man hits the small screen". Eastern Wake News. Archived from the original on July 25, 2011. Retrieved November 13, 2013.
- "TruTV Web Portal for 'All Worked Up'" Archived October 22, 2009, at the Wayback Machine. TruTV. Retrieved October 21, 2009.
- "truTV Hit Series "Lizard Lick Towing" Returns With All-New Episodes Beginning Jan. 21". The Futon Critic. November 27, 2012. Retrieved November 13, 2013.
- "Lizard Lick Towing Season 4". TVbytheNumbers. September 27, 2013. Retrieved October 23, 2013.