Little Mix: The Search
Little Mix: The Search is an upcoming British reality television music competition that is set to begin airing on BBC One in 2020. The series was devised by British girl group Little Mix, with the winning act from the series joining them on their upcoming tour.
|Little Mix: The Search|
|Presented by||Chris Ramsey|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||1|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Original network||BBC One|
The idea for Little Mix: The Search was announced in October 2019, when applications for the show were opened. It was confirmed that Leigh-Anne Pinnock, Jade Thirlwall, Perrie Edwards and Jesy Nelson would act as judges. Applications were closed on 10 January 2020, and filming commenced later that month. In March 2020, it was announced that comedian Chris Ramsey would be presenting The Search.
The premise of The Search is for British girl group Little Mix to form a new band, and the winning act would have supported the group on their Summer 2020 Tour, which was cancelled due to the COVID–19 pandemic. The series was set to begin airing on BBC One in April 2020, but due to the pandemic, the airdate has been postponed. When asked about the effect of the pandemic on The Search, Edwards said: "The live shows bit is coming, obviously we don’t know when but everything else before the live shows we’ve already filmed. So everything’s good to go, we’re basically just waiting for lockdown."
- Darvil, Josh. "Little Mix The Search 'to start in April' on BBC One as group share backstage picture". TellyMix. Retrieved 4 March 2020.
- "Little Mix to create new bands for BBC TV talent show". BBC News. Retrieved 3 March 2020.
- "When is Little Mix: The Search on TV? What is it about? How do you apply? Is it a rival to The X Factor: The Band?". Radio Times. Retrieved 3 March 2020.
- "When Does Little Mix's The Search Start?". Capital. Retrieved 3 March 2020.
- "Little Mix finally begin The Search as they share sneak glimpse from behind-the-scenes". Metro. Retrieved 4 March 2020.
- "South Shields comedian Chris Ramsey announced as host of Little Mix The Search talent show". Shields Gazette. Retrieved 13 March 2020.
- "BBC to host Little Mix's new talent show in order to find a support band - here's how to apply". Nottingham Post. Retrieved 4 March 2020.
- "Little Mix reveals what's different about their new X Factor-style show The Search". Digital Spy. Retrieved 4 March 2020.
- "Little Mix The Search talent show 'postponed amid coronavirus pandemic'". Metro. Retrieved 30 March 2020.
- "Perrie Edwards On How Coronavirus Will Impact Little Mix's New Reality Show 'The Search'". KIIS 106.5. Retrieved 18 May 2020.