Little Elm High School is a public high school in Little Elm, Texas, United States and classified as a 6A school by the University Interscholastic League (UIL). It is part of the Little Elm Independent School District located in east central Denton County.
|Little Elm High School|
1900 Walker Lane
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Little Elm Independent School District|
|NCES School ID||482772003111|
|Principal||Dr. Justin Barrett|
|Teaching staff||121.55 (on an FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||17.51|
|Color(s)||Blue and Gold|
|Athletics conference||UIL Class 6A|
|Rivals||Braswell High School, The Colony High School and Lake Dallas High School|
|Yearbook||Lobo Pride / El Lobo|
Attendance area edit
The school district, and therefore the high school's attendance zone, includes:
UIL Number Sense Champions 
- 1993(2A), 1994(2A)
The Little Elm Lobos compete in UIL district 14-6A in the following sports: Volleyball, Cross Country, Cheerleading, Drill Team, Marching Band, Football, Basketball, Power lifting, Soccer, Golf, Tennis, Track, Baseball, and Softball. Beginning with the 2020-21 school year, wrestling has been offered as an option.
2016-2017 Boys basketball; 2016-2017 District 14-5A champions, ranked 2nd in conference 5A by the TABC (Texas Association of Basketball Coaches) at end of regular season; Bi-District Champions
2021 protest incident edit
On Friday, November 19, 2021, a walkout protest was held in response to a student claiming that she was sexually harassed by another student on a bus but was herself disciplined upon reporting the incident. Police were called to the scene when the students became disruptive and began making threats. In response to the increased disruption, officers used pepper spray and tasers on some students; four students were arrested for assaulting the police officers. The school district proceeded to host a "listening session" with parents and students to hear their concerns.
Demographics and statistics edit
The school is composed of 53% male, 47% female, with a 61% minority enrollment. 48% of students participate in the free or reduced lunch program.
Notable alumni edit
- Cole Beasley, American football player, Rapper
- Trevante Rhodes, American actor, former sprinter
- Richard Sánchez, Professional soccer player with Major League Soccer
- R. J. Hampton, Basketball Player
- Joey Sonntag, former NASCAR driver and NASCAR Truck team owner
- Ryan Watts, cornerback for the Texas Longhorns
- "Search for Public Schools - Little Elm H S (482772003111)". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 10 January 2019.
- "2020 CENSUS - SCHOOL DISTRICT REFERENCE MAP: Denton County, TX" (PDF). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2022-10-04.
- "2015 Accountability Rating System" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2015-09-10.
- UIL Number Sense Archives Archived 2012-05-07 at the Wayback Machine
- The Athletics Department
- "School Board approves wrestling for 2020-21". 21 November 2019.
- Keierleber, Mark (November 22, 2021). "Viral Videos of TX Student Being Tasered Prompt School Police Brutality Outcry". Retrieved November 25, 2021.
- "'You Have Demonized Our Kids': Little Elm High School Parents Lecture School Board Over Police Handling Of Student Walkout". 30 November 2021. Retrieved 6 December 2021.
- "Ryan Watts - Football". University of Texas Athletics.