Lita Baron (born Isabel Castro; August 11, 1923 – December 16, 2015) was a Spanish-born American actress and singer who appeared in movies and television shows for over 30 years.
August 11, 1923
|Died||December 16, 2015 (aged 92)|
Palm Springs, California, United States
|Spouse(s)||Rory Calhoun (1948–1970)|
Starting in 1944, she appeared in several Hollywood films and television series. Her last screen role came in the 1979 film Bitter Heritage, in which her then ex-husband Rory Calhoun starred. She later worked in radio and real estate.
In 1948, Baron married Hollywood actor Rory Calhoun. The couple had three daughters in total: Cindy, Tami, and Lori. Baron and Calhoun divorced in 1970, with her citing his multiple extra-marital affairs as one of the reasons for the separation.
|1944||That's My Baby!||Isabelita|
|1946||High School Hero||Chi-Chi|
|Don Ricardo Returns||Dorothea|
|1947||That's My Gal||Isabelita|
|1949||Bomba on Panther Island||Losana|
|1954||Jesse James' Women||Delta|
|1956||The Broken Star||Conchita Alvarado|
|1979||Bitter Heritage||La Madre|
- Lentz, Harris M. III (2016). Obituaries in the Performing Arts, 2015. McFarland. ISBN 9781476625539. Retrieved 26 March 2018.
- "Lita Baron". The Desert Sun. January 17, 2016. Retrieved October 27, 2016.
- "High School Dancer". Detroit Free Press. Michigan, Detroit. January 6, 1940. p. 20. Retrieved March 25, 2018 – via Newspapers.com.
- Barnes, Mike (January 14, 2016). "Lita Baron, Spanish-Born Actress and Nightclub Performer, Dies at 92". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved October 27, 2016.
- Vallance, Tom (May 3, 1999). "Obituary: Rory Calhoun". The Independent. Retrieved October 27, 2016.