Lists of airports
An airport is an aerodrome with facilities for flights to take off and land. Airports often have facilities to store and maintain aircraft, and a control tower. An airport consists of a landing area, which comprises an aerially accessible open space including at least one operationally active surface such as a runway for a plane to take off or a helipad, and often includes adjacent utility buildings such as control towers, hangars and terminals.
An airport with a helipad for rotorcraft but no runway is called a heliport. An airport for use by seaplanes and amphibious aircraft is called a seaplane base. Such a base typically includes a stretch of open water for takeoffs and landings, and seaplane docks for tying-up.
- By country: see Category:Lists of airports by country
- By metropolitan area: see Category:Airports by city
- List of eponyms of airports (airports named after people)
- Lists of military installations
- Lists of the World's busiest airports:
- Lists by elevation:
- with triple takeoff/landing capability
- Worldwide list of airports with scheduled commercial service, see: Airline destinations