List of state achievement tests in the United States
State achievement tests in the United States are standardized tests required in American public schools in order for the schools to receive federal funding, according to the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965, in US Public Law 107-110, and the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001.
Tests by stateEdit
The following standardized tests are designed and/or administered by state education agencies and/or local school districts in order to measure academic achievement across multiple grade levels in elementary, middle and senior high school, as well as for high school graduation examinations to measure proficiency for high school graduation. Nebraska is the only state that does not have a standardized test.
In addition to the following list some states administer other required examinations. They include Nevada, which administers several tests as part of the Nevada Proficiency Examination Program. They include the High School Proficiency Examination for Reading and Mathematics; the Iowa Test of Basic Skills; Iowa Tests of Educational Development; Criterion-referenced tests in Reading, Mathematics, and Science; Language Proficiency Assessment; Nevada Alternate Scales of Academic Achievement; and National Assessment of Educational Progress. The Prairie State Achievement Exam is used in Illinois, along with the  Illinois State Achievement Test. Alabama requires the Stanford Achievement Test Series; and in Texas, the Texas Higher Education Assessment. That state has discontinued its usage of the Texas Assessment of Academic Skills. Since the 2007–08 school year, Kentucky has required that all students at public high schools take the ACT in their junior year.
- Alabama State Department of Education Archived 2010-06-18 at the Wayback Machine
- Education & Early Development, Alaska Department of. "EED - Alaska Assessments". Retrieved 2014-08-20.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-08-18. Retrieved 2013-08-05.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Education, Arkansas Department of (2006–2008). "Arkansas Department of Education – Testing". Archived from the original on 2009-02-07. Retrieved 2009-04-25.
- California Department of Education http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/sr/
- STaR Program Website http://www.startest.org/sts.html (accessed 4 Aug. 2013)
- "CSAP / TCAP - Data and Results | CDE". www.cde.state.co.us.
- "The Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) | osse". osse.dc.gov.
- "Florida Standards Assessments". www.fldoe.org. March 6, 2018.
- "Criterion-Referenced Competency Tests (CRCT)". www.gadoe.org. Retrieved 2015-04-26.
- "Georgia Milestones Assessment System". www.gadoe.org. Retrieved 2015-04-26.
- "Georgia High School Graduation Tests (GHSGT)". www.gadoe.org. Retrieved 2015-04-26.
- "The Georgia Alternate Assessment (GAA)". www.gadoe.org. Retrieved 2015-04-26.
- "Writing Assessments". www.gadoe.org. Retrieved 2015-04-26.
- (nd)  Archived 2016-06-23 at the Wayback Machine webpage. Retrieved 6/24/07
- (nd) ISAT Archived 2008-02-05 at the Wayback Machine webpage. Retrieved 5/29/07
- PSAE Archived 2015-09-05 at the Wayback Machine webpage. Retrieved 01/02/08
- Education, Kansas State Department of (2008-06-19). "Assessments". Archived from the original on 2009-03-03. Retrieved 2009-04-25.
- Education, Maine Department of (2009-02-06). "Maine Education - MEA". Retrieved 2009-04-25.
- Education, Maine Department of (2007). "Maine Education - MHSA:Maine High School Assessment". Retrieved 2009-04-25.
- "Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System: Overview". doe.mass.edu/. Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. 7 September 2011. Retrieved 28 October 2011.
- Michigan Department of Education. "http://www.michigan.gov/mde/0,4615,7-140-22709_70117---,00.html". Retrieved 2015-4-16.
- Education, Mississippi Department of (2007). "Mississippi Curriculum Test Interpretive Guide for Teachers and Administrators" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2004-10-22. Retrieved 2009-04-25.
- Education, Montana Department of (2009-04-22). "Assessment-MontCAS". Archived from the original on 2009-04-22. Retrieved 2009-04-25.
- "Nevada Department of Education". Archived from the original on May 9, 2008.
- Education, New Hampshire Department of (2009-04-08). "NH Department of Education - About Us". Archived from the original on 2009-01-30. Retrieved 2009-04-25.
- (nd) NMSBA Archived 2007-08-07 at the Wayback Machine webpage. Retrieved 5/29/07
- "OSA : P-12 : NYSED". www.p12.nysed.gov.
- Education, North Dakota Department of. "Important Assessment Information". Retrieved 2009-04-25.
- (nd) OAT Archived 2010-06-04 at the Wayback Machine webpage. Retrieved 5/29/07
- Merit Software: The Oklahoma Core Curriculum Tests (OCCT) Archived 2016-03-06 at the Wayback Machine website (accessed July 1, 2007)
- Education, Oregon Department of (1998–2009). "Assessment/Testing - Oregon Department of Education". Archived from the original on 2013-05-09. Retrieved 2009-04-25.
- Rhode Island Department of Education (RIDE) Education, Rhode Island Department of. "RICAS Assessments". Retrieved 2019-10-23.
- "RICAS Assessments - Assessment - Instruction & Assessment - Rhode Island Department of Education". www.ride.ri.gov.
- West Virginia Department of Education Archived 2007-07-12 at the Wayback Machine official website. Retrieved 4/1/08.
- Education, Wyoming Department of. "PAWS Homepage". Archived from the original on 2009-04-12. Retrieved 2009-04-27.