List of private railway stations
Following is a list of private railway stations, stations which at some time have been private halts. It details the name of the railway station, its location, dates (where known), reason for its existence and any additional information.
|Ballynure Halt||Clones to Dublin||1859||Private Halt for Haire-Foster family.||7 navvies died during its completion.|
|Bermudiana||Bermuda||1931-48||Served the hotel of the same name.||A walkers trail has been provided.|
|Kekawaka||Trinity County, California||1914-1969||served the 26,000-acre Dean G. Witter ranch||Northwestern Pacific Railroad|
|Marble's||Rangeley, Maine||1906-1927||for patrons of the Rangeley Lake House destination hotel||Sandy River and Rangeley Lakes Railroad|
|Steep Falls||Steep Falls, Maine||1870-1961||built by a lumberman to encourage railroad service to his company town||included a second floor dance hall|
|Steinschal||Austria||Currently operating||For patrons of the Steinschalerhof Hotel.||Friends of the Mariazellerbahn.|
|River Works||Lynn, Massachusetts||Currently operating||For G.E. Employees only||River Works (MBTA station)|
|Currently operating||For Operation, Maintenance and Facilities||Upgradation underway to a world-class station.|
- Railways in Monaghan - past and present (December 2003) Archived 2006-02-24 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved 3 July 2008
- Stindt, Fred A. (1985). The Northwestern Pacific Railroad Volume Two. Kelseyville, California: Fred A. Stindt. p. 14. ISBN 0-9615465-0-6.
- Jones, Robert C. (1979). Two Feet Between the Rails (Volume 1 - The Early Years). Sundance Books. pp. 326&327. ISBN 0-913582-17-4.
- Johnson, Ron (n.d.). Maine Central R.R. Mountain Division. 470 Railroad Club. pp. 14&274.
- The Mariazellerbahn Archived 2007-11-23 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved 3 July 2008