List of people who have learned Transcendental Meditation
A list of notable individuals who have practiced or learned the Transcendental Meditation technique, introduced by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. The organization was estimated to have 900,000 participants worldwide in 1977, a million by the 1980s, and five million in more recent years.
|*||Trained as a Transcendental Meditation teacher|
- Tosin Abasi, guitarist
- Paula Abdul, singer, dancer, choreographer
- Johari Abdul-Malik, Muslim chaplain
- Malin Åkerman, actress, model and singer
- Omar Akram, Afghan-American recording artist
- Sam Allardyce, former England football manager
- Rupert Allason, military historian, politician, writer
- Eric André, actor, comedian, television host
- Jennifer Aniston, actress
- Aziz Ansari, actor, comedian, writer
- Giovanna Antonelli, actress, television host, producer
- Enrica Antonioni*, film director, actress
- Steve Aoki, musician
- Judd Apatow, film producer
- India Arie, singer-songwriter
- Arthur Ashe, tennis player
- Jane Asher, actress, author, entrepreneur
- Jennifer Ashton, physician, author
- Ramani Ayer, business executive
- Angelo Badalamenti, soundtrack composer
- Yeojin Bae, fashion designer
- Michael Balzary (Flea), musician, Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Carole Bamford, businesswoman
- David Banner, American rapper, record producer, actor, activist
- Sara Banerji, author
- Selby Baqwa, South Africa's first Public Protector
- Lionel Bart, composer
- Dipak Prakash Baskota, former State Home Minister, Nepal
- Mario Batali, restaurateur
- Vanessa Bayer, actress, comedian
- Beth Behrs, actress
- Chrysta Bell, singer, model
- Kristen Bell, actress
- John G. Bennett, research director, author
- Robby Benson, actor, director, singer, educator
- Itzhak Bentov, inventor, mystic, author
- Marisa Berenson, model, actress
- Candice Bergen, actress
- Tom Bergeron, television personality, comedian 
- Robyn Berkley, fashion publicist, fashion designer
- Roger Berkowitz, restaurateur
- Gabrielle Bernstein, motivational speaker, author
- Leonard Bernstein, composer, conductor, pianist
- Mark Bertolini, CEO of Aetna
- Richard Beymer, actor
- Buddy Biancalana, Major League Baseball
- Taddy Blecher, educational entrepreneur
- Rachel Bloom, actress, comedian, singer
- Harold H. Bloomfield, author
- Emily Blunt, actress
- Matt Bomer, actor
- Brock Bond*, Minor League Baseball
- Michael Booth, food and travel writer, journalist
- Brenda Boozer, opera singer
- Larry Bowa, Major League Baseball
- Jenny Boyd, model, sister of Pattie Boyd
- Pattie Boyd, model
- Tom Brady, American football player
- Arthur Brown, musician
- Russell Brand, comedian, actor, author
- Jeff Bridges, actor, musician
- Steve Brill, naturalist, author
- Pete Broberg, Major League Baseball
- Jerry Brown, Governor of California
- Courtney Brown, social scientist
- Charles Bukowski, poet, novelist
- Gisele Bündchen, model
- Mark Bunn, Australian rules footballer, author
- Tim Burgess, musician (The Charlatans)
- Mary Schmidt Campbell, art historian, university administrator
- Thomas W. Campbell, physicist, lecturer, author
- Tony Cárdenas, U.S. Congressman
- Flávio Canto, Olympic bronze medalist – judo
- Steve Carlton, Major League Baseball
- Wes Carr, singer-songwriter
- Jim Carrey, actor, comedian, film producer
- Danielle Caruana, singer-songwriter
- Michael Cera, actor, musician
- Judy Chalfen, co-founder of Action for Children's Television
- Joaquim Chissano, former President of Mozambique
- Deepak Chopra, holistic health author, physician
- Emmanuelle Chriqui, actress
- Maureen Cleave, journalist
- Nick Clegg, former Deputy Prime Minister of the UK
- Sarah Coakley, theologian
- Thomas Cohen, musician
- Lynn Collins, actress
- Stephen Collins, actor, writer, singer
- Alice Coltrane, jazz pianist
- Nancy Cooke de Herrera*, socialite, fashion expert, author
- Ellen Corby*, actress
- Rita Cosby, television journalist
- Catherine E. Coulson, actress
- Anthony Cox, film producer
- Laverne Cox, actress
- Sheryl Crow, singer-songwriter
- Candy Crowley, journalist
- John Cusack, actor, producer & screenwriter
- Rebecca Da Costa, actress
- Charles Daellenbach, musician (co-founder of The Canadian Brass)
- Ray Dalio, hedge fund manager
- Blythe Danner, actress
- Hunter Davies, author, journalist
- Franklin M. Davis Jr., major general, author
- Patti Davis, actress, author
- Laura Dawn, activist, singer, songwriter
- Walter Day, Twin Galaxies founder
- Barbara De Angelis*, relationship consultant, author
- Ashley Deans*, physicist, educator
- Ellen DeGeneres, comedian, television host
- Jimmy Demers, singer-songwriter
- Daniel Dennett, philosopher, cognitive scientist
- Kat Dennings, actress
- John Densmore, musician (The Doors)
- John Denver, singer-songwriter
- Laura Dern, actress, film director, producer
- Karla DeVito, singer, actress, voice artist
- Torrey DeVitto, actress, musician, fashion model
- Jenna Dewan-Tatum, actress, dancer
- Cameron Diaz, actress
- Paul Dimattina, Australian Football League
- Novak Djokovic, tennis player
- Meital Dohan, actress
- Burton A. Dole Jr., businessman
- Pete Dominick, comedian, talk radio personality
- Donovan, singer-songwriter, musician
- Natalie Dormer, actress
- Martin Duffy, musician
- Bill Duke, actor, film director
- Doris Duke, tobacco heiress
- Lena Dunham, writer, director, actor
- Clint Eastwood, actor, film director
- Roy Eaton, pianist, advertising creative
- Peter Economy, author
- Graeme Edge, musician (The Moody Blues)
- Mal Evans, road manager (The Beatles)
- John Fahey, guitarist
- Megan Fairchild, principal dancer, New York City Ballet
- Shepard Fairey, street artist, graphic designer, activist, illustrator, OBEY Clothing line founder
- Marianne Faithfull, singer, actress
- Colin Farrell, actor
- Peter Farrelly, film director, screenwriter, producer, novelist
- Prudence Farrow*, film producer
- Sherilyn Fenn, actress
- Fergie,American singer-songwriter and actress
- Marilyn Ferguson, writer
- Gigi Fernández, tennis player
- Sky Ferreira, singer-songwriter, model, actress
- Tim Ferriss, author
- Noel Fielding, comedian
- Ben Folds, singer-songwriter, record-producer
- Jane Fonda, actress, political activist, entrepreneur
- Nicola Formichetti, fashion director
- Ben Foster, actor
- Jon Foster, actor, singer
- Michael J. Fox, actor, activist, author, producer
- Squire Fridell, actor
- Richard A. Friedman, psychiatrist
- Sadie Frost, actress
- Buckminster Fuller, engineer, author, inventor
- Deborra-lee Furness, actress
- Greta Garbo, actress
- Robert G. Gard Jr., Army general
- Jeff Garlin, comedian, actor, director
- Mac Gayden, musician, songwriter
- Adam Gaynor, musician
- Bill George, businessman and academic
- Aileen Getty, heiress, activist
- Billy Gibbons, musician (ZZ Top)
- William Gibson, playwright and writer
- Rick Goings, chairman and CEO of Tupperware
- Jeff Goldblum, actor
- Nat Goldhaber*, venture capitalist, entrepreneur
- Maria Manuela Goyanes, theatre maker
- Heather Graham, actress
- Gilles Gratton, NHL/WHA hockey player
- John Gray*, author
- Linda Gray, actress,
- Judy Greer, actress, author
- Arlen F. Gregorio, politician
- Merv Griffin, singer, TV host
- Bruno Grollo, construction magnate
- Bill Gross, bond investor
- Jerry Grote, Major League Baseball
- Prabal Gurung, fashion designer,
- Magnus Gustafsson, tennis player
- Bill Hader, comedian, actor, voice actor and writer
- Yolanda Hadid, television personality and former model
- John Hagelin*, particle physicist, Natural Law Party presidential candidate
- William Hague, former First Secretary of State, former Foreign Secretary, UK
- Tamron Hall, television journalist
- George Hamilton, actor
- Tom Hanks, actor and filmmaker
- Ben Harper, singer-songwriter, musician
- Bob Harper (personal trainer), personal trainer
- Laura Harring, actress
- George Harrison, musician (The Beatles)
- Olivia Harrison, author, film producer, wife of George Harrison
- Patricia Harrison, president/CEO Corporation for Public Broadcasting
- Beth Hart, singer-songwriter, musician
- John Harvey-Jones, business executive
- Yukio Hatoyama, former Prime Minister, Japan
- Goldie Hawn, actress
- Louise Hay, self-help author
- J. C. Hayward, news anchor
- Justin Hayward, singer-songwriter (The Moody Blues)
- Kevin Hearn, musician
- Mariel Hemingway, actress, author
- Doug Henning, magician
- Jim Henson, puppeteer
- Bill Hicks, comedian, musician
- Steve Higgins, writer, producer, announcer, actor, and comedian
- Michael Hill, jeweler
- Claire Hoffman, journalist
- Pete Holmes, comedian, actor, writer, producer, and podcaster
- Josh Homme, musician
- Jon Hopkins, musician, record producer
- Paul Horn*, musician
- Beth Jeans Houghton, musician
- Steve Howe, guitarist
- Billy Howerdel, guitarist, songwriter
- Kate Hudson, actress
- Arianna Huffington, co-founder/editor-in-chief The Huffington Post
- Martha Hunt, model
- Elaine Ingham, soil microbiologist
- Sharon Isbin, musician
- V. R. Krishna Iyer, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of India
- Hugh Jackman, actor
- Mick Jagger, musician (The Rolling Stones)
- Jim James, lead vocalist (My Morning Jacket)
- Thomas Jane, actor, comic book writer
- Al Jardine*, musician (The Beach Boys)
- Chase Jarvis, photographer, director, fine artist
- Alfred L. Jenkins, diplomat, author
- Kendall Jenner, model, television personality
- Jewel (singer), singer-songwriter, guitarist, producer, actress, author, poet
- Kristopher B. Jones, author, businessperson 
- Steve Jones, English rock guitarist, singer (Sex Pistols) and actor 
- Brian Josephson, physicist, Nobel laureate
- Mitch Kapor*, software and Internet entrepreneur
- Donna Karan, fashion designer
- Andy Kaufman*, actor, comedian
- Ryan Kavanaugh, film producer
- Caroline Kennedy, United States Ambassador to Japan
- Miranda Kerr, model
- Kesha, singer, songwriter
- Natasha Khan (Bat for Lashes), singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist
- Angélique Kidjo, singer-songwriter, activist
- Nicole Kidman, actress, singer, film producer
- Krista Kim, contemporary artist, founder of Techism art movement
- Kevin Kimberlin, chairman Spencer Trask
- Karlie Kloss, model
- Vashtie Kola, designer, video director
- Steven Kolb, fashion executive
- Zell Kravinsky*, investor
- Lenny Kravitz, singer-songwriter, record producer
- Robby Krieger, musician (The Doors)
- Igor Kufayev, artist, spiritual teacher
- Jared Kushner, real estate investor and developer, newspaper owner
- John La Fave, politician
- Royston Langdon, musician
- Justin Langer, Australian cricketer and current national coach
- Sanaa Lathan, actress
- Bettye LaVette, singer-songwriter
- Lois Lee, founder and president Children of the Night
- Peggy Lee, singer, actress, composer
- Júlia Lemmertz, actress
- Cynthia Lennon, wife of John Lennon
- John Lennon, musician (The Beatles)
- Sean Lennon, musician
- David Letterman, talk show host, comedian
- Ramsey Lewis, composer, musician
- Henry Lewy, sound engineer, record producer
- Lykke Li, singer-songwriter
- Eli Lieb, singer-songwriter
- Peter Lindbergh, photographer
- Laura Linney, actress, singer
- Charles Lloyd*, musician
- Dan Loeb, hedge fund manager
- Lindsay Lohan, actress, singer
- Jim Lonborg, Major League Baseball player
- Shelley Long, actress
- Nancy Lonsdorf, author, physician
- Jennifer Lopez, singer, actress
- Mike Love*, singer-songwriter, musician (The Beach Boys)
- Daisy Lowe, model and actress
- George Lucas, film producer
- Steve Lukather, musician (Toto)
- David Lynch, film director, artist
- Jennifer Lynch, screenwriter, director
- Shirley MacLaine, actress, dancer
- Leon MacLaren, barrister, politician, philosopher
- Joe Maddon, Major League Baseball Manager
- Shrikar Madiraju, film director
- Madonna, singer-songwriter, actress
- Martie Maguire, musician (Dixie Chicks)
- Natalie Maines, singer-songwriter (Dixie Chicks)
- Kellee Maize, rapper, songwriter
- Zayn Malik, singer
- Joe Manganiello, actor
- Ray Manzarek, musician (The Doors)
- Pete Maravich, NBA player
- Cheech Marin, comedian, actor, voice actor, writer and activist
- Meghan Markle, Duchess Of Sussex,
- Henry Marsh, pop musician, composer
- Jim Marshall, NFL football player,
- Mary Martin, actress, singer
- Claudia Mason, model, actress
- Brent Mayne, Major League Baseball
- John McAfee, computer programmer, businessman
- James McCartney, musician
- Paul McCartney, musician (The Beatles)
- Stella McCartney, fashion designer
- Willie McCovey, Major League Baseball
- Drew McDowall, musician
- Cynthia McFadden, television journalist
- Matt McGorry, actor
- Rose McGowan, actress
- Marshall McLuhan, educator, philosopher
- Peter McWilliams, writer
- Bunny Mellon, horticulturalist
- Eva Mendes, actress, model
- Vic Mensa, American rapper
- Chrissy Metz, singer and actress
- Miguel, recording artist
- Chris Milk, virtual reality artist
- Alyssa Miller, model
- Mac Miller, rapper
- Tom Miller, performance artist
- Trevor Miller, Screenwriter, Author and Filmmaker,
- Gyp "Gypsy Dave" Mills, sculptor, songwriter
- Joni Mitchell, singer-songwriter
- Moby, musician
- Machel Montano, musician, producer, song-writer, actor
- Leslie Moonves, executive
- Melba Moore, singer, actress
- Mary Tyler Moore, actress
- Wagner Moura, actor
- Tainá Müller, actress, model
- Rupert Murdoch, media mogul
- Carolyn Murphy, model, actress
- Tony Nader*, neuroscientist, TM movement leader
- Joe Namath, professional football player
- Martina Navratilova, tennis professional
- Olivia Newton-John, singer, songwriter, actress, entrepreneur, and activist
- Richard Nolan, politician
- B. J. Novak, actor, comedian
- Soledad O'Brien, American broadcast journalist
- Rosie O'Donnell, actress, comedian, author
- Tom Odell, singer songwriter
- Mike Oldfield, musician, composer
- David Orme-Johnson*, academic, TM researcher
- Kimberly Ovitz, fashion designer
- Daphne Oz, writer, television host
- Lisa Oz, television host, writer
- Mehmet Oz, surgeon, television host, writer
- Tim Page, music critic
- Gwyneth Paltrow, actress
- Tom Papa, stand-up comedian, actor, writer, author, producer, and television/radio host
- Lennon Parham, actress, comedian
- Mary-Louise Parker, actress and author
- Ron Parker*, politician (Natural Law Party)
- Lorraine Pascale, model, cook, author
- Jeff Peckman*, politician, UFOlogist
- Perri Peltz, broadcast journalist
- Chuck Percy, United States Senator
- Katy Perry, singer-songwriter, actress
- Candace Pert, neuroscientist and pharmacologist
- Tom Petty, musician
- Mike Pinder, musician (The Moody Blues)
- Gary Player, professional golfer
- Mike Posner, singer, songwriter
- Priscilla Presley, actress
- Josh Radnor, actor, film director, screenwriter
- Claudia Raia, actress
- Rene Rancourt, singer
- Nancy Redd, HuffPost Live host
- John C. Reilly, actor, comedian
- Greg Reitman, documentary filmmaker
- Callum Keith Rennie, actor
- Burt Reynolds, actor
- Robin Roberts, television broadcaster
- Bill Robinson, Major League Baseball
- Smokey Robinson, singer-songwriter
- Nouriel Roubini, economist
- Dilma Rousseff, former president of Brazil
- Norman Rosenthal, psychiatrist, research scientist, author
- Jonathan Rowson, chess grandmaster
- Rick Rubin, record producer
- Stephanie Ruhle, television journalist
- Edward Saatchi, businessman
- Katee Sackhoff, actress
- Sheri Salata, co-president OWN, president Harpo Productions
- Paul Saltzman, producer, director
- Santigold (Santi White), musician
- Rodrigo Santoro, actor
- Juan Manuel Santos, President of Colombia, Nobel laureate
- Susan Sarandon, actress
- Tomás Saraceno, Argentinian contemporary artist
- Vidal Sassoon, hairdresser, businessman
- Paul Scheer, actor, comedian
- Taylor Schilling, actress
- Amy Schumer, comedian, writer, actress
- Tony Schwartz, writer
- Arnold Schwarzenegger, bodybuilder, actor, businessman, politician
- Rusty Schweickart, astronaut
- Martin Scorsese, film director
- Rosanna Scotto, American television journalist/anchor
- William Scranton III*, Lieutenant Governor of Pennsylvania
- Jerry Seinfeld, comedian, actor, writer
- Lesley Jane Seymour, editor-in-chief More
- M. Shadows, singer, songwriter, musician (Avenged Sevenfold)
- Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, spiritual leader
- Tom Shankland, director, screenwriter
- George Shapiro, talent manager, television producer
- Anushka Sharma, actress, model
- Rupert Sheldrake, scientist, author
- Dax Shepard, actor, comedian
- Maria Shriver, journalist, activist
- Swami Shyam, (Shyam Shrivastava) spiritual leader
- Kimora Lee Simmons, model, entrepreneur
- Russell Simmons, entrepreneur
- Nikki Sixx, musician (Mötley Crüe)
- Matt Skiba, musician (Alkaline Trio)
- Chas Smash, musician (Madness)
- Jeffrey M. Smith, activist, author
- Ian Somerhalder, actor
- Andrew Ross Sorkin, journalist, author
- Soul Basement (Fabio Puglisi), musician
- Fernanda Souza, actress
- John Stamos, actor, producer, musician
- Willie Stargell, Major League Baseball
- Maureen Starkey, first wife of Ringo Starr
- Ringo Starr, musician (The Beatles)
- Jessica St. Clair, actress, writer
- Suzanne Steinbaum, cardiologist
- George Stephanopoulos, television journalist, political advisor
- Ali Stephens, model
- Howard Stern, radio personality, actor, author
- Beth Ostrosky Stern, TV personality, actress, model
- Natalie Stewart, singer-songwriter
- Patrick Stewart, actor
- Sting, musician
- Maya Stojan, actress
- Emma Stone, actress
- Trudie Styler, producer, actress, wife of Sting
- Andrew Sullivan, author, editor, political commentator
- Patrick Swayze, actor
- Will Swenson, actor
- Andrei Tarkovsky, film director
- Elizabeth Taylor, actress
- Sam Taylor-Johnson, filmmaker, photographer, visual artist
- Justin Theroux, actor, screenwriter
- Bing Thom, architect
- Ray Thomas, musician (The Moody Blues)
- Maura Tierney, actress
- Christos Tolera, musician, artist
- Mike Tompkins*, politician (Natural Law Party)
- Ivanka Trump, businesswoman, model, presidential advisor
- Liv Tyler, actress
- Steve Vai, guitarist, composer
- Giada Valenti, singer, songwriter
- Cyrus Vance Jr., incumbent New York County District Attorney (Manhattan)
- Elizabeth Vargas, television journalist
- Eddie Vedder, musician (Pearl Jam)
- Sofia Vergara, actress, model
- Edith Vonnegut, painter
- Kurt Vonnegut, author
- Charlie Walk, music executive
- Alice Walker, novelist, poet, Pulitzer Prize winner
- Barbara Walters, broadcast journalist, author, television personality
- Bill Walton, professional basketball, sportscaster
- David Ware, jazz musician
- Shane Watson, cricketer
- Gene Watts, musician (founding member of The Canadian Brass); teacher of Transcendental Meditation
- Mindy Weisel, artist
- Florence Welch, singer (Florence and the Machine)
- Roz Weston, radio broadcaster
- Maurice White, singer-songwriter (Earth, Wind & Fire), bandleader, record producer
- Dee Dee Wilde, dancer (Pan's People)
- Jesse Williams (actor), actor, model, and activist
- Astrid Williamson,Scottish musician, composer and songwriter,
- Marianne Williamson, author, lecturer, philanthropist
- Bill Wilson, co-founder of Alcoholics Anonymous
- Brian Wilson, musician (The Beach Boys)
- Dennis Wilson, musician (The Beach Boys)
- Oprah Winfrey, media proprietor, talk show host
- Alicia Witt, actress, singer-songwriter, pianist
- James Wolcott, journalist
- Stevie Wonder, singer-songwriter, producer, musician, activist
- C. V. Wood, chief developer of Disneyland
- Jim Wright, US congressman, Speaker of the House
- Syreeta Wright*, singer-songwriter
- Stark, Rodney and Bainbridge, William Sims (1985) University of California Press, The Future Of Religion, page 287 "Time magazine in 1975 estimated that the U.S. total had risen to 600,000 augmented by half that number elsewhere" =[900,000 world wide] "Annual Growth in TM Initiations in the U.S. [chart] Cumulative total at the End of Each Year: 1977, 919,300"
- Petersen, William (1982). Those Curious New Cults in the 80s. New Canaan, Connecticut: Keats Publishing. p. 123. Retrieved February 12, 2013. claims "more than a million" in the USA and Europe.
- Occhiogrosso, Peter. The Joy of Sects: A Spirited Guide to the World's Religious Traditions. New York: Doubleday (1996); p 66, citing "close to a million" in the USA.
- Bainbridge, William Sims (1997) Routledge, The Sociology of Religious Movements, p. 189, "the million people [Americans] who had been initiated"
- Analysis: Practice of requiring probationers to take lessons in transcendental meditation sparks religious controversy, NPR All Things Considered, February 1, 2002 | Robert Siegel "TM's five million adherents claim that it eliminates chronic health problems and reduces stress."
- Martin Hodgson, The Guardian (5 February 2008), "He [Maharishi] transformed his interpretations of ancient scripture into a multimillion-dollar global empire with more than 5m followers worldwide"
- Stephanie van den Berg, The Sydney Morning Herald, Beatles guru Maharishi Mahesh Yogi dies (February 7, 2008), "the TM movement, which has some five million followers worldwide"
- Meditation a magic bullet for high blood pressure – study, Sunday Tribune (South Africa), (27 January 2008) "More than five million people have learned the technique worldwide, including 60,000 in South Africa."
- Maharishi Mahesh Yogi—Transcendental Meditation founder's grand plan for peace, The Columbian (Vancouver, WA), 19 February 2006 | Arthur Max, Associated Press writer, "transcendental meditation, a movement that claims 6 million practitioners since it was introduced."
- Bickerton, Ian (8 February 2003). "Bank makes an issue of mystic's mint". Financial Times. London (UK). p. 9. the movement claims to have five million followers,
- Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, Spiritual Leader Dies, The New York Times, Lily Koppel, Published: 6 February 2008, "Since the technique's inception in 1955, the organization says, it has been used to train more than 40,000 teachers, taught more than five million people"
- Sciaretto, Amy (April 12, 2010). "Animals as Leaders Guitarist Practices Transcendental Meditation". Noisecreep/AOL. Retrieved October 10, 2012.
- Cooke de Herrera, Nancy (2003). All You Need Is Love: An Eyewitness Account of When Spirituality Spread from the East to the West. San Diego: Joodere Group. p. 438.
- Biography of Imam Johari Abdul-Malik
- "The one trick Malin Akerman swears by when she's feeling overwhelmed". April 12, 2010. Retrieved September 9, 2017.
one of my favorite things when I get into a routine is Transcendental Meditation. It resets the clock and gives you back your energy. It’s great midday or mid-afternoon. It’s also great to do when traveling.
- Caplan, Christopher (June 25, 2013). "Q&A: Omar Akram, first Afghan American to win a Grammy, talks Transcendental Meditation". RYOT. Archived from the original on June 29, 2013. Retrieved 2013-06-28.
- "Sam Allardyce hoping meditation helps Sunderland avoid relegation". Independent.ie. 6 May 2016. Retrieved 10 May 2016.
I do transcendental meditation and I have done for 12, 14 years now. It's very relaxing, very calming and you can do it anywhere. … it has helped me cope with the pressure of management.
- "Premier League: Allardyce meditating to stay calm in relegation scrap". Uk.sports.yahoo.com. 7 May 2016. Retrieved 10 May 2016.
It helps you cope with the pressure you come under in this job,' Allardyce explained. 'I read the science and it helps to reduce your blood pressure and keeps you calmer.'
- Stokes, Aaron (5 May 2016). "Sam Allardyce speaks ahead of crucial Chelsea tie". Vavel.com. Archived from the original on 4 June 2016. Retrieved 10 May 2016.
the 61-year-old has revealed he uses transcendental meditation to calm himself
- Millar, Peter (August 1, 1993). "Is it curtains for agent West?". The Times. London (UK).
- "Jail term threat to former Tory MP". The Scotsman. Archived from the original on 6 November 2014. Retrieved 12 November 2013.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- Zakarin, Jordan (3 August 2016). "Eric André is the chillest unchill person on TV". Inverse. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
... meditation helped turn his life around. He is an outspoken proponent of and practitioner of Transcendental Meditation.
- "Jennifer Aniston: Transcendental meditation keeps me looking good". Archived from the original on 2014-04-29. Retrieved 29 April 2014.
When asked what the number one thing which has kept her looking so amazing is, Jennifer replied: 'I'd say a little over a year ago I started doing TM and that's really changed everything.'
- Tarkovsky, Andrey (1 November 2002). Time Within Time: The Diaries 1970–1986. Faber and Faber. p. 194. ISBN 978-0571167173.
Today [31 July 1979] I had a first session with Enrica—transcendental meditation.
- Bromley, Grant Douglas (15 March 2013). "Andrei Tarkovsky Talks Film". Criterion.com. Archived from the original on 3 June 2015. Retrieved 3 June 2015.
Enrica Antonioni who taught him transcendental meditation
- "Steve Aoki Wants to Live Forever". Coach. Retrieved 2018-04-04.
- "Meditation teacher Nancy Cooke de Herrera dies". NewsObserver.com. March 4, 2013.[permanent dead link]
- Pleasant, Maranda (July 17, 2013). "India Arie Talks Vulnerability, Meditation And The Creative Process". Huffington Post. Retrieved 22 July 2013.
- Probation Journal, "Probation and Meditation", Simon Cohen, 1976
- de Herrera, Nancy Cooke (1993). Beyond Gurus: A Woman of Many Worlds. Blue Dolphin Publishing. ISBN 978-0-931892-49-3.
- "Healthy Hollywood: Jennifer Ashton". Skinny Mom. 7 December 2014. Archived from the original on 15 December 2014. Retrieved 15 December 2014.
I felt that my body was in shape, but I needed to take care of my mind and spirit better. TM is easy, and involves just 20 min, twice a day. It is a great way to prevent or deal with stress. That's my mental wellness ritual now
- Ayer, Ramani (April 12, 2008). "Equanimity". In Hagelin, John. 8 Great Reasons to Meditate (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on July 22, 2011.
- Pompeo, Joe (April 6, 2009). "Ohmmm! Even Lazy Moby Turns Out For Star-Studded Transcendental Meditation Benefit". New York Observer.
- "Designers tell Vogue their New Year's resolutions". Vogue. 14 January 2014. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
I'm starting 2014 by learning the Transcendental Meditation technique.
- Sons of the City, by John Albert, December 6, 2002, LA Weekly (California)
- "To Live and Die in LA" April 1996, Spin
- Gard, Lydia (1 January 2015). "A life organic: interview with Lady Bamford". Country & Town House. Retrieved 6 January 2015.
I went to Rishikesh in the 60s to try transcendental meditation.
- Eustice, Kyle (22 May 2017). "David Banner Confident Sobriety & Transcendental Meditation Saved His Life". Hip Hop DX. Retrieved 22 May 2017.
- "Sara Banerji". Archived from the original on 2014-03-15. Retrieved 15 March 2014.
- "About Sara Banerji". Archived from the original on 2014-03-15. Retrieved 15 March 2014.
- Sboros, Marika (August 16, 2006). "The power that lies in stillness". Business Day (South Africa).
- Franks, Alan (10 December 1994). "The man who asked for more; Lionel Bart". The Times. London.
- "Nepal: Dr Deepak Baskota brings news of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi's programmes to UK". Global Good News. 30 December 2012. Archived from the original on 2 June 2013. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
- Baskota, Deepak Prakash (28 June 2010). "Creating Stability in Nepal". Nepal Review. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
- Schneier, Matthew. "The Transcendentalists". Retrieved 25 December 2013.
- Correal, Annie (7 May 2016). "The (Very Lazy) Sunday Routine of Vanessa Bayer of Saturday Night Live". The New York Times. Retrieved 11 June 2016.
I usually meditate twice a day, Transcendental Meditation.
- Locker, Melissa (2 May 2016). "Louis CK: 'Two human babies have never fought ... I Google it occasionally'". The Guardian. Retrieved 11 June 2016.
Bayer, who has been an avid practitioner of meditation for the last two years. 'It helps me to be able to focus and be more creative and calm. It helps me handle things in a more deliberate way.'
- Claire Hoffman (22 February 2013). "David Lynch Is Back … as a Guru of Transcendental Meditation". The New York Times. Archived from the original on 23 February 2013. Retrieved 23 February 2013.
- "Chrysta Bell: A Multidisciplinary Artist". Archived from the original on 2014-06-30. Retrieved 30 June 2014.
- Schwartz, Terri (March 8, 2012). "Kristen Bell: 'Butts Are My Favorite Things on the Planet'". iVillage. Retrieved March 12, 2012.
- "History Of The Institute For The Comparative Study Of History, Philosophy And The Sciences, Ltd". DuVersity. Retrieved 25 April 2010.
- I'm Not Dead Yet—or, "The Corpse Moved", 2012 ValorEditions.com, ISBN 978-0-9831416-2-4
- Sannella, Lee, On Genius: An Evolutionary Force Inherent in Every Being, Infinity Publishing, 2006
- The New York Times Chatting Up Marisa Berenson, Leslie Camhi, 27 September 2011, Retrieved Sept 2011
- "'Dancing With the Stars' host Tom Bergeron says meditation helps him react during a live show". ABC News. Retrieved 20 Sep 2017.
The host of ABC’s hit dancing competition show “Dancing With the Stars,” which kicked off its 25th season this week, said he has been practicing Transcendental Meditation (TM) for over 35 years
- "Melt The Stress Away". Live The Process. Archived from the original on 3 July 2014. Retrieved 27 July 2014.
The single most effective tool that I have introduced into my life to reduce stress and create balance is the practice of Transcendental Meditation
- English, Bella (March 14, 2011). "For Legal's captain, a long, tumultuous voyage to the sea". The Boston Globe. Archived from the original on May 17, 2011.
- "A meditation practice that will change your life…". Gabrielle Bernstein. Archived from the original on 6 January 2015. Retrieved 6 January 2015.
After a short four-day training I was given the gift of Transcendental Meditation.
- "Compassion-Sun Leonard Bernstein Plays Through Sri Chinmoy Flames". Radio Sri Chinmoy. 30 November 2013. Archived from the original on 13 March 2016. Retrieved 13 March 2016.
I was taught transcendental meditation about four years ago.
- "Mark Bertolini of Aetna on Yoga, Meditation and Darth Vader". The New York Times. Retrieved 21 September 2018.
- Meyer, Norma (19 December 1999). "Planet Andy – Kaufman's old L.A. turf echoes with manic tales of a manic genius' life". The San Diego Union-Tribune. p. E.1.
- Adler, Eric (September 23, 2003). "Health benefits help spur interest in meditation". Times Union. Albany, N.Y. p. D.2.
- Lindow, Megan (6 January 2004). "Stepping into Africa's future". The Christian Science Monitor. Retrieved July 5, 2013.
- Morrow, Ryan (2 March 2016). "Comedian Rachel Bloom talks Iowa, Seth Green and transcendental meditation". Little Village. Archived from the original on 19 November 2016. Retrieved 19 November 2016.
'I had heard you have actually done some TM and committed to meditation for a time.' 'I have!'
- Goldberg, Philip, American Veda (2011), Harmony Books, p. 166
- "Celebrity Meditators". TM UK Blog. Archived from the original on 16 May 2015. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
I like to meditate, Transcendental Meditation usually. I took it up in my early 20s and I learned the benefits. I try to do it every day.
- "Red Carpet Interviews at David Lynch Foundation's "Meditation Creativity Peace" LA Premiere". YouTube. David Lynch Foundation. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
- "Professional Baseball Player Brock Bond Studies Maharishi Vedic Science". Maharishi University of Management. 23 February 2016. Archived from the original on 19 November 2016. Retrieved 19 November 2016.
He was looking for a future career after baseball and teaching the TM technique to athletes and baseball players appealed to him.
- "India: Chicken dansak for the soul" 19 October 2011, The Independent
- "Brenda Boozer, Metropolitan Opera soloist". TMhome. 26 March 2014. Archived from the original on 19 November 2016. Retrieved 19 November 2016.
Transcendental Meditation practice helps with clarity of mind and a restful alertness which allows a creative intelligence.
- Spartanburg Herald-Journal 13 August 1974
- Lambert, Brent (15 January 2017). "The Tao Of Tom: How Tom Brady Uses An 80-20 Diet, Meditation, Yoga & One Book To Age Backwards". Feelguide. Archived from the original on 12 February 2017. Retrieved 12 February 2017.
Brady tells anchor Stephanie Ruhle how much he loves transcendental meditation.
- Ruhle, Stephanie (14 October 2015). "Lightning Round With Tom Brady". Msn.com. Bloomberg. Archived from the original on 12 February 2017. Retrieved 12 February 2017.
Ruhle: 'Transcendental Meditation?' Brady: 'Love it.' Ruhle: 'Me too!'
- Grow, Cory (14 February 2017)."Veteran Shock Rocker Arthur Brown Talks Jimi Hendrix, Close Calls With Fire Rolling Stone Magazine".
...his father took him to see a man who taught him transcendental meditation to deal with post–World War II PTSD. Meditation, once he was feeling better, led him to the insight that he wanted to return to music, which he did in the early 2000s.
- "Russell Brand: Seeking salvation". The Times. London. 1 November 2009. Retrieved 28 March 2013.
- "Russell Brand discusses the Dalai Lama" 7 June 2012, BBC News
- Millar, John (April 21, 2001). "The dude". The Scotsman. Edinburgh. p. 6.
- Kharakh, Ben (August 13, 2007) The Wildman: Steve Brill, Naturalist Archived 2012-05-15 at the Wayback Machine Gothamist, retrieved March 26, 2012, "I've been practicing transcendental meditation since the mid '70s"
- Levy, Paul (May 2, 1975)Transcendental Meditation Gives Broberg a New Outlook The Milwaukee Sentinel, retrieved Sept 9, 2012
-  LA Times, Jerry Brown taps trusted former aid for key cabinet position, Anthony York, March 3, 2011, retrieved March 17, 2011
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-03-26. Retrieved 2011-03-18.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link) Capitol Weekly, Jerry Brown formally launches campaign for governor, March 2, 2010, staff writer, retrieved March 17, 2011
- Brown, Courtney (1996). Cosmic voyage: a scientific discovery of extraterrestrials visiting Earth. Farsight, Inc. pp. 38–42. ISBN 978-0-525-94098-2.
- Sounes, Howard (November 14, 1998). "Stars and bars For a man who made a career out of being a drunk, Charles Bukowski was a prolific novelist and poet". The Guardian. London. p. T.036.
- "Espie o que os famosos fazem quando o assunto é beleza e bem-estar". Yahoo! Brasil. Oct 8, 2014. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
Gisele Bündchen disse o que faz para manter a boa forma: meditação. 'Normalmente, faço a Meditação Transcedental, que é mais fácil de encaixar numa rotina agitada. É uma técnica simples, praticada duas vezes ao dia, durante 20 minutos.'[permanent dead link]
- "Brazilian supermodel Gisele Bündchen practices TM". TMhome.com. October 10, 2014. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
In her interview with the Brazilian edition of Glamour magazine (August 2014) ... 'I practice Transcendental Meditation twice a day. Every morning and lunchtime or evening, for about 20 minutes.'
- "Transcendental Meditation Sydney". Archived from the original on 30 August 2013. Retrieved 16 September 2013.
- Duerden, Nick, (April 22, 2012) Tim Burgess Golden Rules of Rock and Roll The Independent, retrieved April 30, 2012
- Williams, Andrew (April 23, 2012) The Charlatan's, Tim Burgess Metro, retrieved April 30, 2012
- "Transcendental Meditation: Creativity, Performance & Stress". David Lynch Foundation. 11 February 2014. Retrieved 3 June 2015.
What was really a revelation for me is that it's not only what it does for me, personally, but … it has an impact on the people who are around you.
- Campbell, Thomas W. (2003), My Big TOE: Awakening, pp. 45–57
- Rojas, Warren. "A Meditation on the Quiet Time Caucus". Roll Call. Retrieved 9 January 2014.
Cárdenas practices traditional transcendental meditation
- Carvalho, Luciana (26 November 2014). "Como a Meditação Transcendental pode melhorar seu dia". Exame.com. Retrieved 5 January 2015.
Entre os nomes famosos que empunham a bandeira da meditação estão … Rodrigo Santoro e Cissa Guimarães, e o premiado judoca Flávio Canto.
- New York, 17 March 1975, p. 64, "Going For The Om Run"
- "Wes Carr is happy in his headspace" 5 November 2011, Daily Telegraph (Australia)
- Hasty, Katie. "Carrey on Dumb and Dumber sequel". Archived from the original on 23 April 2014. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
The DLF raises awareness and furthers education on transcendental meditation, of which Carrey is a practicioner [sic] and admirer.
- "Mama Kin: Where the magic happens". Spitpress.com. Archived from the original on 26 August 2014. Retrieved 21 August 2014.
One of my biggest discover[ie]s has been Transcendental Meditation. When I first started this practice I remember thinking 'Oh... this is what sanity must feel like.'
- "David Lynch in the Beautiful World of Twin Peaks". Retrieved 22 March 2017.
I had done a four-day Transcendental Meditation course, and on the final day, a young woman named Pookie said, “Would you like to meditate with David Lynch sometime?” —Michael Cera
- Judy Chalfen, 85, took Action to help Children's Television Archived 2012-02-12 at the Wayback Machine, 9 June 2011, Retrieved 13 June 2011, The Boston Globe
- "Proof that power does not always corrupt". The New Zealand Herald. 24 October 2007. Retrieved 24 May 2010.
- Woo, Elaine (Feb 6 2008) Maharishi Mahesh Yogi; Guru brought meditation West Los Angeles Times, page=B.7, retrieved May 25, 2012
- Tice Studeman, Kristin (21 November 2016). "Emmanuelle Chriqui, Without the Entourage". W. Retrieved 16 December 2016.
I do Transcendental Meditation and I will not start my day without it. It’s been two and a half years and it was a major game changer for me.
- Cleave, Maureen (November 2003). "Mind the gaps". Saga. Archived from the original on 30 December 2003. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
Fifteen years ago, Maureen Cleave decided to attend an introductory class on transcendental meditation—and went away with her own mantra and a new approach to tackling life's problems.
- Woolf, Marie (21 March 2010). "Count me out of the election war, declares Clegg's Spanish wife". The Sunday Times. London. p. 3.
- Coakley, Sarah (22 March 2011). "Prayer as crucible". The Christian Century. 128 (6).
- "Thomas Cohen used meditation and therapy to deal with Peaches' death". Xposé.ie. 4 April 2016. Archived from the original on 24 June 2016. Retrieved 24 June 2016.
I started to do transcendental meditation, which helped a lot. I still do it.
- "Lynn Collins is Ready to Blast-Off in the Epic 'John Carter'". BlackBook. 7 March 2012. Archived from the original on 24 June 2016. Retrieved 24 June 2016.
When she left AA, she supplemented it with transcendental meditation, which she still practices twice a day.
- "Give peace a chant". Houston Chronicle. 15 June 2003. p. 2.
- Roberts, Randall (2 March 2017). "Selections from Alice Coltrane's blissful late-period meditation music will be reissued by Luaka Bop". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 4 April 2017.
Long a devotee of transcendental meditation, Alice changed her last name in the 1970s
- "TM Believer" Stanford Magazine, 2010. Retrieved 3 April 2011
- "TM Helps Individual Keep Calm in Stress Situation". The Dispatch. Lexington, NC. 5 July 1975.
- (28 April 1999) Los Angeles Times
- "Rita Cosby on Abused Women and Transcendental Meditation". Daily Kos. Archived from the original on 27 February 2013. Retrieved 27 February 2013.
- Schneier, Matthew. "The Transcendentalists". Style.com. Retrieved 21 July 2014.
The log lady from Twin Peaks, she and I started meditating together
- Hopkins, Jerry (17 September 1987). Yoko Ono. Sidgwick & Jackson. p. 141. ISBN 978-0-283-99521-7.
- Rainey, James (18 November 2009). "She's lighter 'in a lot of ways'". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 24 May 2010.
- Fontana, Christine. "Rebecca Da Costa: Lovely Leading Lady". New Orleans Living. Retrieved 17 August 2014.
... transcendental meditation helps me a lot. It's the most researched meditation out there, and it really helps with the immune system, depression and stress.
- Williams, Kam. "From the Runway to the Red Carpet!". Pittsburgh Urban Media. Retrieved 9 August 2014.
- Sonnenberg, Danielle (October 28, 2009). "Teaching Wall Street to meditate". AM New York. 7 (209). p. 12.
- Douglas, Clare; Whitwell, Carli (27 May 2015). "Blythe Danner: 'A part of me feels like I have never grown up'". Hello! Canada. Retrieved 3 June 2015.
I have found transcendental meditation very helpful and comforting. It centers me.
- "Hunter Davies on The Beatles". BBC Radio 4. 1 January 2012. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
I went with the Beatles to see Maharishi at Bangor in 1967 … and we saw the Maharishi and we got our mantra [23 mins]
-  Reading Eagle, Jan 16 1972
- Jeanne, Lesem. "Reagan 'a good example for healthy living'; Daughter Patti Davis says". UPI. Retrieved 17 March 2016.
She also said she has '... done Transcendental Meditation for a couple of years now.'
- Ahmad, Sophia (12 November 2009). "Laura Dawn on crashing a prom with David Lynch, Moby, the Little Death". Des Moines Register. Archived from the original on 3 September 2013. Retrieved 13 February 2017.
Although neither Moby or Dawn practiced Transcendental Meditation (T.M.) before the concert, they both became fans of it afterwards.
- Benziker, Robert (September 7, 2007). "Serious Monkey Business". The Santa Fe New Mexican. p. A.64.
- Peterson, Karen S. (October 21, 1994). "Barbara De Angelis savors life's 'Moments'". USA TODAY. McLean, Va. p. 07.D.
- Hutchinson, Brian (February 22, 2003). "Wasting away in Maharishi-ville". National Post. Don Mills, Ont. p. B.1.Fro.
- "Russell Brand Does Stand-Up for Transcendental Meditation" November 29, 2011, ABC News
- "Ellen DeGeneres & Russell Brand headline third annual "Change Begins Within" gala" December 3rd, 2011, David Lynch Foundation web site. Video at 1:10
- Demers, Jimmy (June 18, 2010). "Huffington Post". Huffington Post. Retrieved 2013-03-28.
- Tennant, Laura (July 10, 2011). "Transcendental Meditation: Were the hippies right all along?". The Independent. London.
- Bream, Jon (March 1, 1991). "the doors // They reopen on market in film, records". Star Tribune. Minneapolis, Minn. p. 01.E.
- Stunda, Hilary (Oct 9 2011) Newsweek, John Denver: The Sunshine Boy, Dec 20 1976
- John Denver: An environmental legacy remembered Aspen Times, retrieved Oct 2011
- Oppenheimer, Peer J. (May 22, 1977) Family Weekly, This Country Boy Struck it Rich,
- Guthrie, Patricia (April 2, 2004). "Augusta study finds meditation helps black teens' hearts". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. p. D.1.
- "'Chicago Med' star Torrey DeVitto takes holistic approach to health, life". Retrieved January 24, 2018.
- Malcolm, Shawna. "Jenna Dewan-Tatum Goes Gently Into New Motherhood". Fit Pregnancy and Baby. Retrieved March 20, 2017.
- "Cameron Diaz: 'TM changes everything.'". David Lynch Foundation. Archived from the original on 31 May 2015. Retrieved 31 May 2015.
- "A Conversation with Cameron Diaz presented by the David Lynch Foundation". David Lynch Foundation. 7 Feb 2015. Retrieved 31 May 2015.
- AFL web site, Life after footy, Paul Daffey, 8 April 2011, Retrieved 11 April 2011
- Briggs, Simon (4 July 2015). "Djokovic reveals inner peace". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 20 November 2016.
he was already experimenting with meditation and self-awareness. ... You won't find too many footballers who read up about electrical engineering, publish cookbooks and practise transcendental meditation.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-02-22. Retrieved 2011-08-12.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)"I did end up taking Bob's advice and trying TM. I loved it and it has been part of my life, twice a day for 15 minutes, ever since" Talking Miracles with Israeli Actress and Author Meitel Dohan, Meitel Dohan, 18 January 2011, retrieved 1 February 2011
- "Success Without Stress—Pete Dominick—What Lead[sic] Pete To Learn TM". SiriusXM Entertainment. 25 September 2014. Retrieved 25 October 2014.
Bob Roth talk with StandUp! with Pete Dominick host Pete Dominick about what lead[sic] him to learn transcendental meditation.
- Laurance, Jeremy (8 April 2010). "How The Beatles' meditation technique could cure depression". London: The Independent. Retrieved 24 May 2010.
- "'The mean girls still terrify me' Game of Thrones star Natalie Dormer on the teenage trauma that made her". You Magazine. 1 July 2018. Retrieved 10 February 2019.
- Pearce, Emily (6 November 2009). "One man's meditation mission". Isle of Wight County Press. Archived from the original on 13 February 2017. Retrieved 13 February 2017.
Martin, who has visited the Island a number of times with his family, is fairly new to TM. 'I thought it was the right time to investigate, I just felt I needed to be a bit more at peace,' he said. 'It’s early days but already I can feel it will be an ongoing thing in my life.'
- "Meditation inspired my new album says Charlatans frontman, Tim Burgess". TM UK Blog. Archived from the original on 13 February 2017. Retrieved 13 February 2017.
Burgess's fellow Britpop meditators include Martin Duffy, drummer of Primal Scream.
- Warren, Jenifer (27 October 1995). "Party Asks Voters to Put Their Faith in Meditation; Politics: Skeptics scoff at Natural Law Party's answer to nation's ills, but backers say they have more to offer". Los Angeles Times. p. 1.
- Cooke de Herrera, Nancy (1992). Beyond Gurus: A Woman of Many Worlds. Blue Dolphin. p. 122. ISBN 978-0-931892-49-3.
- Tatna, Meher (11 January 2013). "5 Lena Dunham factoids". Vogue.
- "Q&A with Lena Dunham". HBO Connect. 2012. Archived from the original on 4 November 2013. Retrieved 27 September 2013.
- Baylen, Ashley (September 26, 2013). "Lena Dunham to Participate in Transcendental Meditation Panel". Shalom Life. Archived from the original on September 28, 2013.
- Michael HaineyPhotograph by Martin Schoeller. "GQ article on Clint Eastwood". Gq.com. Retrieved 28 March 2013.
- Seida, Linda. "Artist Biography". Archived from the original on 3 July 2014. Retrieved 3 July 2014.
- Daum, Kevin (10 March 2015). "5 Simple Ways to Relax in Stressful Times". Inc.com. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
I recently discovered transcendental meditation… . By meditating for 20 minutes twice a day, I find that I am more relaxed overall, and that stress rolls off me... .
- Gleason, Paul (2 April 2013). "Justin Hayward of the Moody Blues on His Days of Future Passed (and Present)". Rockcellar Magazine. Retrieved 2 September 2015.
We went to the TM Center at the same time that The Beatles did. Four of us went: me, Mike, Graeme, and Ray. We went through the whole process.
- Lowenthal, Steve (1 June 2014). Dance of Death: The Life of John Fahey, American Guitarist. Chicago Review Press. p. 111. ISBN 978-1613745199. Retrieved 3 June 2015.
Quitting his prescription pill habit, he turned to transcendental meditation.
- Lanahan, Lawrence (4 June 2014). "Worse Than The Blues". Citypaper.com. Retrieved 3 June 2015.
- McCarthy, Morrigan (30 January 2015). "A New York City ballet dancer takes a big leap to Broadway". Elle. Retrieved 3 February 2015.
She practices transcendental meditation for 20 minutes before putting on her show make-up, and credits this practice with changing her life.
- "Street Artist Shepard Fairey Talks 'Hope' Imitators and James Franco-Produced Doc". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 12 November 2017.
- Goldberg, Phillip (2010) American Veda: From Emerson and the Beatles to Yoga and Meditation, p. 152
- Young, Aaron (8 February 2017). "Director Peter Farrelly to speak in Iowa on Valentine's Day". The Des Moines Register.
- Valcourt, Keith (8 December 2016). "Sherilyn Fenn: 'Return to Twin Peaks'". The Washington Times. Retrieved 8 January 2017.
Now it’s been almost two years since I started. I went to see David. We were drinking coffee, and I said, 'Oh this is wrong. And this.' He said, 'Sherilyn Fenn, you’re a mess. You need TM!' He hooked me up with a wonderful teacher. It’s life-changing.
- Woo, Elaine (November 2, 2008). "Marilyn Ferguson, 1938–2008; Writer was pivotal figure in New Age movement". Los Angeles Times. p. B.10.
- "Sky Ferreira to perform at David Lynch fundraiser". Hollywood.com. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
TM sort of saved my life. I'm being 100 per cent, for real. Come support. Also... It's for my number one person in the world. David Lynch!
- Edmonds, Mark (23 September 2012). "Noel Fielding, comedian". The Sunday Times. Retrieved 6 January 2015.
I've just started meditating and it's hilarious.
- "Noel Fielding: I called Alice Cooper at 5am for a chat". 1Clicknews. 16 December 2014. Archived from the original on 12 January 2015. Retrieved 6 January 2015.
Russell and I do transcendental meditation together.
- "Celebs (plus Jared and Ivanka) turn out for the David Lynch Foundation's first Washington fundraiser". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 5 June 2017.
Folds, too, extolled its benefits. He said he tried it after touring and taken a toll on his mental and physical health. “I came out of my first week with it not white-knuckling the steering wheel in traffic, not having to return phone calls immediately, and the knock-on effect was far better decisions than I had been making,” he said.
- Patrick Allitt (2003). Religion in America since 1945: a history. p. 140.
- "Formichetti shares essentials". Yahoo! News. Retrieved 4 September 2014.
Transcendental meditation and music by Russian composer Sergei Rachmaninoff also hold special places in his day-to-day life.
- "Extreme closeup: Ben Foster". Connectsavannah.com. 2009-10-27. Retrieved 2010-05-24.
- Acting in Television Commercials for Fun and Profit, Squire Fridell, p.247.
- Anchorage Daily News
- Wallace, Charles. "Meditate to sharpen your assertive edge". Financial Times. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
Richard Friedman, a professor of clinical psychiatry at New York's renowned Weill Cornell Medical College told me he has been meditating for about three years. While he did not initially try TM for stress relief, he now finds that he is less bothered by the sturm and drang of urban life. 'I am less reactive to small things that would have bothered and upset me in the past,' he says. 'I'm more easy going.'
- Parker, Olivia (3 October 2014). "Sadie Frost: if a drawer's untidy, my energy is wrong". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
I'm practising transcendental meditation, one of the purest and simplest forms.
- Ellwood, Robert S.; Harry Baxter Partin (1988). Religious and spiritual groups in modern America. Prentice Hall. p. 194. ISBN 978-0-13-773045-2.
- SPOTLIGHT: Nancy Veitch Cooke de Herrera, '43 TM Believer, By Wendy Jalonen Fawthrop, '78 Stanford Magazine, May/June 2010, 
- O'yeah, Zac, Meeting Mr. Narayan, Dec 3 2006  The Hindu, Retrieved March 4, 2017
- "The San Bernardino County Sun from San Bernardino, California · Page 26". Newspapers.com. 13 December 1972. Retrieved 18 March 2016.
'I found it relaxing and invigorating,' said Army Gen. Robert G. Gard, who works in the Pentagon, 'but I found it difficult to find the time for it.'
- Itzkoff, Dave (February 17, 2010). "Fat's No Longer a Punch Line". New York Times.
- "Interview with Mac Gayden". Archived from the original on 2013-12-15. Retrieved 15 December 2013.
-  Harvard Business Review, Mar 2014, "I began meditating in 1975 after attending a Transcendental Meditation workshop with my wife Penny, and have continued the practice for the past 38 years."
-  Huffington Post, Jun 2013, "The Tipping Point for Mindfulness" by Bill George
- Pore-Lee-Dunn Productions. "Gary James' Interview With ZZ Top's stage manager David Blayney". Classicbands.com. Retrieved 2013-03-28.
- Philip Goldberg (2010). American Veda. Harmony Books, a division of Random House. p. 167.
-  Livemint.com, Dec 2010, "I have practised transcendental meditation for 34 years now. I learnt it from Maharishi Mahesh Yogi."
- Andrew Clark, (Feb 24 2010) The Guardian, Rick Goings:Tupperware's Alpha Male
- Ebiri, Bilge (2013-03-20). "New York Magazine". Nymag.com. Retrieved 2013-03-28.
- Weber, Jonathan (September 27, 1992). "In Search of Computing's Holy Grail". Los Angeles Times. p. D1.
- "Woolly Mammoth's Maria Manuela Goyanes stays politically mindful on her D.C. dream day". 20 December 2018. Retrieved 20 December 2018.
- O'Sullivan, Michael (March 9, 2007). "Heather Graham: Fun Is Her Middle Name". washingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2010-05-24.
- "Gratoony the Loony". Archived from the original on 2017-10-03. Retrieved 2017-10-02.
How many other hockey players do you know that quit the sport to dedicate themselves to Transcendental Meditation and yoga?
- Hampton, Sarah (February 4, 2008). "Looking to God for relationship advice". Toronto: The Globe and Mail. Archived from the original on February 9, 2008. Retrieved 2008-09-30.
- Radloff, Jessica. "Judy Greer Has the Perfect Solution for Coping With Stress in Her New AOL Short". Retrieved 14 May 2014.
Greer is adding director to her resume as she showcases why Transcendental Meditation has become such a huge part of her life.
- Morris, Anne (October 14, 1994). "Interplanetary Communication: 'Men Are From Mars' author speaks in Austin Today series". Austin American Statesman. p. F.1.
- Ostrow, Ruth. "Total Success: Bruno Grollo built to last". The Australian. Retrieved 4 September 2014.
opening a Transcendental Meditation centre in Melbourne ... 'Meditation is the closest thing to the euphoria of youth I have discovered.'
- Goodkind, Nicole. "Could this be the key to success on Wall Street? Hedge fund billionaire Ray Dalio thinks so". Retrieved 15 May 2014.
The technique ... is popular with folks like Bridgewater's Ray Dalio (who offers TM to his 400 employees), Bill Gross, Dan Loeb, Nigol Koulajian (Quest Partners) and Kevin Kimberlin (Spencer Trask & Co).
- Robert Oates, Jr. "Athletes Find Spark in Transcendental Meditation", The New York Times, March 30, 1975
- Richman, Milton (May 27, 1976). "Jerry Grote changes ways". Ellensburg Daily Record. p. 10. Retrieved 25 January 2014.
Another subject Grote and Unser have in common is transcendental meditation. Both practice it every day
- Tauer, Kristen (August 11, 2017). "Meditation in fashion? Designers share how the practice helps them reboot, refresh and stay grounded". Los Angeles Times.
- "David Lynch's Festival of Disruption Unites 'Peaks' Cultists in Meditation Talk and Musical Mayhem". Variety.com. Retrieved 16 Oct 2017.
- "David Lynch's Festival of Disruption 2017: The 10 Best Moments". Retrieved 17 Oct 2017.
- https://www.instagram.com/p/BizzNMZByyv/. Retrieved 15 May 2018. Missing or empty
- Hinsliff, Gaby (October 2, 2006). "'What does David have that I didn't? Er ... hair'". The Observer. London. Retrieved November 17, 2017.
- "'Biggest Loser' host Bob Harper's 5 steps to a healthier new year". Today.com. 27 December 2016. Retrieved 19 January 2017.
I meditate twice a day, 20 minutes TM [Video: 2' 15"]
- Williams, Jack (June 29, 1989). "George Hamilton: Actor has the glow of good health, and he wants it to rub off on others". The Tribune. San Diego, Calif. p. D.1.
- "Tom Hanks' favorite White House memory: Dubya and a dead bird". pagesix.com. Retrieved 30 Mar 2017.
“I told him, ‘I’m fatigued, I’m spent, I’m tired, I need to be quiet for a while. I need to rest.’ He said, ‘Oh, so you’re tired? Don’t you do TM?’ [That’s] transcendental meditation,” Hanks said. “If anybody other than a guy like him had said to me, ‘Why don’t you try TM?’ Like, if Goldie Hawn had said, ‘Babe, you gotta try TM!’ I’d have said, ‘Honey, listen, you enjoy your little floral pants and times in the forest and you commune with the wood sprites all you want. I don’t know anything about it.’ And so I did it … I’m kind of glad I did it now so I have answers to that question: ‘What do you do in your spare time?’ Before it was, ‘Wait for a dental appointment.’ Now it’s, ‘I took up that classic version of transcendental meditation.'”
- John, Dean (9 December 2015). "Ben Harper shares the inside story of reuniting The Innocent Criminals". Tonedeaf. Archived from the original on 2 April 2016. Retrieved 26 January 2017.
Harper is momentarily lost for articulation, searching for words to describe his experiences with Transcendental Meditation.
- "'Biggest Loser' host Bob Harper's 5 steps to a healthier new year". Today.com. 27 December 2016. Retrieved 18 January 2017.
I'm a big meditator, I do TM, I do it every day, twice a day. [Video: 2']
- "Laura Harring's Car Crash Was a Sign That She Belonged in Mulholland Dr". Vulture.com. Archived from the original on 2015-11-06. Retrieved 5 Apr 2015.
My mother had taken me to somebody to teach me transcendental meditation at 14 years old. I think, in David’s world, he thought that was a sign.
- "Harrison documentary: a boon to the David Lynch Foundation". Archived from the original on 2014-02-13. Retrieved 13 February 2014.
- Tran, Bibi. "'Women in the Media Who Meditate' Luncheon Raises Funds to Teach TM to At-Risk Women and Children". David Lynch Foundation. Archived from the original on 17 May 2015. Retrieved 17 May 2015.
It isn’t a question of how do I find the time for it. Rather, I look forward to it. TM is a oasis, a life-preserver. It strengthens you.
- "Women in the Media Who Meditate". David Lynch Foundation. Archived from the original on 17 May 2015. Retrieved 17 May 2015.
Eight nationally renowned women leaders in the media who meditate gathered on April 16, 2015 in New York City to raise awareness about the benefits of the evidence-based Transcendental Meditation technique for overcoming stress, improving performance, and enhancing work-life balance in their lives.
- [Newsday article http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/music/singer-songwriter-beth-hart-to-play-at-the-space-at-westbury-1.13072538]
- Honigsbaum, Mark (August 15, 2005). "The Yogi effect Flying—or hopping—to a higher plane". The Guardian. London (UK). p. 3.
- "Commencement Speaker". Maharishi University of Management. Retrieved 21 January 2015.
Dr. Hatoyama practices the Transcendental Meditation technique.
- Szymanski, Mike (September 24, 2002). "Goldie Hawn discusses happiness, Oscar and 'Banger Sisters'". McClatchey Tribune News Service. Washington. p. 1.
- Oppenheimer, Mark (May 4, 2008). "The Queen of the New Age". New York Times Magazine. p. 60.
- "Transcendental Meditation helps to reduce Post Traumatic Stress Disorder". August 2013. Archived from the original on 2013-10-26. Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- Streitenfeld, Darcy (November 2014). "Kevin Hearn on growing up in North York and his new solo album". Post City Toronto. Retrieved 17 November 2014.
David Lynch's book, Catching the Big Fish: Meditation, Consciousness and Creativity, has helped Hearn connect with his inner artist through transcendental meditation.
- Brown, Bobbi (6 April 2015). "How Mariel Hemingway Overcame Her Family's Tragic Legacy". Yahoo! News. Retrieved 17 May 2015.
I meditate every day, twice a day. I think if you learn to do TM, it changes your life.
- Semmes, Anne (11 April 2015). "Mariel Hemingway shares stories of a troubled family". Retrieved 17 May 2015.
I do (transcendental) meditation twice a day.
- Watson, Ian (December 1, 2002). "The Philosopher stoned". Sunday Herald. Glasgow (UK). p. 25.
- "Success Without Stress—Steve Higgins—Misconception About TM". SiriusXM Entertainment. 25 Sep 2014. Retrieved 25 October 2014.
Bob Roth talks with ... Steve Higgins about the public misconceptions about transcendental meditation.
- "Taking a break from the killer that is stress" January 1, 2012, NZ Herald
- Claire, Hoffman (January 18, 2008). "Under God: Maharishi's Mortality". Washington Post. Retrieved July 25, 2010.
- "David Lynch's Festival of Disruption 2017: The 10 Best Moments". Retrieved 17 Oct 2017.
- "Josh Homme 'Really Thankful' for Near-Death Experience". Retrieved 23 October 2013.
- Brown, August. "Jon Hopkins crafts dance music to meditate on". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 7 August 2014.
The London-based producer practices ... Transcendental Meditation. 'For me, it's not about relaxing,' Hopkins said. 'It can get music flowing in a way that's really uninhibited, and I want to spend as much time in that place as possible.'
- Williams, Holly (5 June 2015). "Beth Jeans Houghton interview on Du Blonde, her nervous breakdown and industry sexism". The Independent. Retrieved 21 September 2015.
she took a course in transcendental meditation – which she now thinks should be taught in schools.
- Prasad, Anil. "Into the storm". Music without borders. Archived from the original on 30 August 2015. Retrieved 30 August 2015.
I had been experimenting with different approaches to meditation for some time and then in 1983 I picked transcendental meditation as the one for me.
- "Howerdel Exposes Ashes Divide". UltimateGuitar.com. June 5, 2008. Archived from the original on 6 October 2014. Retrieved 4 October 2014.
I recently got turned onto this Transcendental Meditation and I would say that it is more along the lines of what I do.
- Lloyd, Nancy (5 March 2016). "Want to look like super-fit Kate Hudson? You won't get there with quick fixes or fad diets". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 18 March 2016.
I started practicing [transcendental meditation] a year and a half ago so I meditate 20 minutes in the morning and I try to do another 20 minutes in the afternoon.
- "The secret weapon successful career women have". 17 April 2015. Retrieved 1 May 2015.
- "Rodale Institute Names Dr. Elaine Ingham as New Chief Scientist". Business Wire (Press release). New York. January 24, 2011.
- Peterson, Diane (21 January 2011). "Ambassador of guitar to star with SR Symphony: Sharon Isbin broke new ground, founding program at Juilliard". The Press Democrat. Santa Rosa, Calif. p. D.1.
-  "I've been doing Transcendental Meditation for decades." PDF from the subject's web page
- Ramachandran, P. P. (21 December 2014). "Wandering in Many Worlds". The Free Press Journal. Archived from the original on 26 December 2014. Retrieved 5 January 2015.
... a spiritual follower of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi's transcendental meditation.
-  TMR Zoo, Howard Stern's Uncensored Interview with Hugh Jackman to air on Howard TV, Steve Tomasetti, April 30, 2009, Retrieved March 17, 2011
- "David Lynch to shoot film about TM guru Maharishi Mahesh Yogi in India". The Hindustan Times. New Delhi. November 18, 2009.
- The Beatles by Hunter Davis, 1985, Page 232. Published by W. W. Norton & Company, Inc
- Newman, Jason. "Jim James Q&A: How a Near-Death Experience and a 1929 Graphic Novel Saved His Life". Billboard. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
- David, Anna (20 December 2011). "'Hung' Star Thomas Jane on Sex, Drugs and Sobriety". The Fix. Archived from the original on 16 December 2016. Retrieved 16 December 2016.
I learned transcendental meditation from the David Lynch Foundation.
- Gold, Kerry (November 28, 1997). "The Beach Boys are back—young, full of life and digitally perfected". The Vancouver Sun. p. D.8.
- "Al Jardine, a beach boy and a lifelong student of meditation". TMhome.com. November 12, 2013. Retrieved 19 May 2016.
- Goldberg, Philip (2011) Harmony Books, American Veda, p. 167
- "Alfred Lesesne Jenkins Papers, 1951–1980". Emory. Retrieved 3 May 2015.
his practice of Transcendental Meditation
- "Kendall Jenner Gets Candid About Her Career, Her Controversies, and Her Private Life". Retrieved 14 Mar 2018.
- "'10% Happier' with Jewel, singer-songwriter, actress". ABC News. Event occurs at 13:35. Retrieved 29 Mar 2017.
My aunt StellaVera [Kilcher] was a transcendental meditation teacher and she taught me transcendental meditation
- "The Benefits Of Transcendental Meditation For The Busiest Entrepreneurs". Forbes. Retrieved 7 February 2019.
- "Former Sex Pistol Steve Jones Returns to LA Radio After Seven Years: Q&A". Billboard. Retrieved 6 June 2018.
- Williamson, Lola (2010-01-01). Transcendent in America. NYU Press. p. 93. ISBN 978-0-8147-9450-0.
- Adams, Jane Meredith (November 4, 1986). "Mitchell D. Kapor". Boston Globe. p. 47.
- Siegel, Tatiana (May 13, 2011). "Life of Ryan". Variety.
- Hooper, Joseph(September 2011) Meditation Nation Details, retrieved July 3, 2012
- Stroud, Kandy. "Peace-Mongering in Washington: All You Need Is Love". New York, 29 September 1975. p. 74. Retrieved 12 May 2015.
Caroline Kennedy has been doing it for two years. Bunny Mellon has too. ... Senator Chuck Percy used to do it.... Transcendental Meditation is such a raging fad ....
- "Miranda Kerr chooses happiness". Yahoo News. Retrieved 29 June 2014.
To help her stay grounded, the 31-year-old beauty likes to practise Transcendental Meditation for 20 minutes, twice a day.
- Olya, Gabrielle (14 May 2015). "Kesha: 'I Went to a Dark Place' While Battling Eating Disorder". People. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
I got into Transcendental Meditation to try to find some peace in my crazy life. [It reminds me] to be grateful for where I am, for my body, and my face—as imperfect as any of it may be.
- Jacques, Renee (14 May 2015). "Kesha's Complete Makeunder Will Totally Inspire You". Daily Beauty Reporter. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
And now, after spending a year in rehab for an eating disorder, the singer credits her new, balanced perspective to Transcendental Meditation.
- Tedmanson, Sophie (21 June 2016). "Exclusive: Bat for Lashes talks Tinder dates, meditation and her latest project". Vogue Australia. Retrieved 2 August 2016.
I learnt about two years ago. For me, being creative and having quite a busy mind, I think it’s a really lovely practical tool.
- "Katy Perry, Sting Stun at David Lynch's Meditation Benefit Concert". RollingStone.com. Nov 5, 2015.
In addition to Seinfeld's comedy, Katy Perry, Sting, Angélique Kidjo, Jim James and classical guitarist Sharon Isbin each performed short, lively sets. And since each of the performers actively practices transcendental meditation, they also spoke to its power.
- González Whitaker, Isabel (Feb 14, 2014). "7 Tidbits We Couldn't Fit Into Our March Story on Nicole Kidman". InStyle. Retrieved 23 September 2014.
I like to meditate, Transcendental Meditation usually. I took it up in my early 20s and I learned the benefits. I try to do it every day.
- "Krista Kim talks about her work in the Techism Movement". Nov 3, 2017.
So I began to meditate and I took up transcendental meditation. Now, little did I know that through my practice of transcendental meditation that I would experience an artistic breakthrough also. So really, through the practice of meditation which I do daily, and I’m a huge proponent of, I felt that every aspect of my life whether if it’s being a mother, being an artist, being a person, just being myself it just made everything better, brought it to a new level.
- Adams, Brittany (5 June 2017). "Why Transcendental Meditation is the latest wellness fad". CR. Retrieved 25 August 2017.
Models Raquel Zimmermann, Martha Hunt, and Karlie Kloss—not to mention celebrities from Gwyneth Paltrow to Oprah Winfrey to Lena Dunham—are just a few of the beautiful people who also tout TM as part of their success.
- Apedo, Amee (13 March 2017). "What is Transcendental Meditation". Vashtie. Archived from the original on 4 April 2017. Retrieved 4 April 2017.
I took a class in Transcendental Meditation a year ago ... . I do it twice a day: twenty minutes in the morning, twenty minutes at night.
- "The CFDA's Steven Kolb discusses the new men's fashion week, American fashion and Instagram". Buro 24/7. 11 June 2015. Archived from the original on 19 September 2015. Retrieved 19 September 2015.
About a year ago I started transcendental meditation, and I find it to be fulfilling.
- Cooper, Ian (December 24, 2004). "The trouble with compassion". The Globe and Mail. Toronto, Ont. p. F.7.
- "Сева Новгородцев, ''Севаоборот'' - Igor Kufayev, interview for BBC Russian Service, 21.10.2006". Seva.ru. 2006-10-21. Retrieved 2013-03-28.
- "Celebs (plus Jared and Ivanka) turn out for the David Lynch Foundation's first Washington fundraiser". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 5 June 2017.
Trump and Kushner (who are practitioners of TM) didn’t speak, but sat gamely listening to the performances by the likes of comedians Jerry Seinfeld, Jay Leno, and Margaret Cho, actor Hugh Jackman, and music by Ben Folds, Kesha, and Angelique Kidjo.
- Stingl, Jim (October 3, 2001). "Sit still". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. p. 01.B.
- "Liv Tyler and Sean Lennon Help Raise Funds for TM Scholarships". Archived from the original on 2014-01-03. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- Lalor, Peter (May 3, 2018). "Justin Langer is the coach Australia needs". The Australian.
- Callender, Samantha (3 April 2015). "Sanaa Lathan Talks Importance Of Representation And Support In Hollywood". Vibe.com. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
I found a specific type of meditation (Transcendental Meditation). I wanted to come out of my sort of depression very naturally without medication, and that did it for me. Now I do it every day for 20 minutes and I never miss a day.
- "America's Sex Trafficking Victims and Transcendental Meditation". Huffington Post. April 19, 2012. Retrieved 12 April 2013.
- Stanley, Bob (July 1, 2006). "Guitar men, golden voices". The Times. London (UK). p. 15.
- Forsberg, Helen (June 8, 1997). "Portia Faces Life: Utah-Born Performer, Poet Now on Mission of Mercy; Portia Nelson Still Facing Life in the Spotlight". The Salt Lake Tribune. p. J.1.
- Buscato, Marcela. "Julia Lemmertz: "Já meditei até em avião" A atriz Julia Lemmertz revela os benefícios trazidos pela meditação transcendental". Globo.com. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
A meditação gera um bem estar enorme. Melhora a concentração e a qualidade do sono. Sinto que me descansa profundamente do estresse do trabalho e da correria da vida.
- Dearmore, Kelly. "Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger's Sean Lennon: 'Once You Frack, You Can't Go Back.'". Dallas Observer. Retrieved 5 August 2014.
… for me, it's like a scientific method to calm my brain down and making my frontal lobe more active. It's an exercise, really. It helps me to have about 10 percent more conscious thinking.
- Eells, Josh (13 May 2015). "David Letterman: Happy at Last". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
Now he does transcendental meditation and no longer talks about "enduring" life beyond the show.
- Lewis, Shawn, D. (July 1976) Ancient East Indian technique for relieving stress gains foothold in black community, page 100
- Darling, John (23 August 2014). "Henry Lewy: The man behind the music". Daily Tidings. Retrieved 17 November 2014.
The producers credit Lewy's even-tempered and generous nature not just to being a Jew in Nazi Germany, but the fact that he learned Transcendental Meditation with Maharishi Mahesh Yogi at the time the Beatles did—and practiced it daily all his life.
- Carroll, Jim. "Lykke Li: 'I had the blues and that was a good thing'". The Irish Times. Retrieved 30 June 2014.
One of the reasons Li cites for her heightened state of creativity of late is a growing interest in mindfulness and transcendental meditation
- Drew, Ian. "YouTube Star Eli Lieb Says Meditating Helped His Career Take Off". Us Weekly. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
his lifelong practice of transcendental meditation … 'My parents were meditating before I was born and I was just born into it.'
- "An interview with Peter Lindbergh". Pirelli. 29 November 2016. Archived from the original on 29 January 2017. Retrieved 29 January 2017.
A lot of people have creativity but they don’t know how to access it. I’ve used transcendental meditation for forty years and I know that this has helped me a lot to find out who I am and to find my way inside.
- "Lloyd, Charles – Jazz.com | Jazz Music – Jazz Artists – Jazz News". Jazz.com. Archived from the original on 2009-06-10. Retrieved 2010-05-24.
- Hautman, Nicholas (17 October 2016). "Lindsay Lohan: 'Moving to London Was the Best Thing I've Done for Myself'". US Weekly. Retrieved 29 January 2017.
I became very involved with meditation ... transcendental meditation
- Cornejo, Jordianne (18 October 2016). "Lindsay Lohan Says Relocating To London Was The 'Best Thing' She Has Done After Living In 'Fast' New York". IBT. Retrieved 29 January 2017.
- Unknown author (November 7, 1974) Meditation Pitch The Bryan Times, p. 7, retrieved Sept 9, 2012
- Bjorklund, Dennis A. (21 November 1996). Toasting "Cheers": An Episode Guide to the 1982–1993 Comedy Series, with Cast Biographies and Character Profiles. McFarland & Co Inc. p. 82. ISBN 978-0899509624.
In 1974, she began transcendental meditation as a release from the anxiety of her failed first marriage and exhaustion from working too hard.
- "Actress Long discusses how she deals with motherhood and a career". Nbcuniversalarchives.com. 22 August 1985. Retrieved 17 March 2016.
She notes she practices Transcendental Meditation
- "Shelley Long". Tv.com. Retrieved 17 March 2016.
Shelley's hobbies include: walking, riding bikes, practicing transcendental meditation three times a day for twenty minutes at a time
- Naughton, Jim (December 17, 1991). "Maharishi's followers can't transcend stress and violence of D.C.". Austin American Statesman. Austin, Tex. p. A.1.
- "Jennifer Lopez Forever Young". Tribunecontentagency.com. 11 January 2016. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
I learned Transcendental Meditation this year  because it’s overwhelming sometimes, doing all of the things I do at once
- Spicer, Kate. "Meditation generation". The Sunday Times. Retrieved 3 November 2013.
The model and actress Daisy Lowe started practising transcendental meditation earlier this year. 'I do it morning and evening, for 20 minutes, wherever I am.'/The effects of TM, [Tolero] says, 'were profound'.
- Aleksander, Irina (March 18, 2011). "Look Who's Meditating Now". The New York Times. Retrieved 30 August 2013.
- LeDrew, Chris (May 19, 2013). "One-on-One With Steve Lukather". On Stage Magazine. Retrieved 11 October 2013.
- Williams, Alex (December 31, 2006). "David Lynch's Shockingly Peaceful Inner Life". The New York Times.
- Mottram, James (February 22, 2009). "Out on a limb". The Independent on Sunday. London (UK). p. 14.
- Wellbeloved, Sophia (2003). Gurdjieff: Key Concepts. London and New York: Routledge. ISBN 0-415-24897-3.
- Levine, Bruce. "Levine: Cubs' Joe Maddon Believes In Benefits Of Meditation". Retrieved 21 June 2017.
- "Directory". Archived from the original on 2013-08-30. Retrieved 30 August 2013.
- Willman, Chris. "Dixie Chicks, Russell Simmons Meditate on Rick Rubin's Greatness at David Lynch Foundation Event". Archived from the original on 2014-03-04. Retrieved 27 April 2014.
- "Kellee Maize". 29 April 2012. Archived from the original on 2014-09-22. Retrieved 22 September 2014.
I learned Transcendental Meditation many years ago and found it to be life changing.
- Fuller, Bonnie (5 April 2015). "Zayn Malik: How He's Coping With Stress After Leaving One Direction". Hollywood Life. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
To cope with the stress of everything, Zayn has taken to transcendental meditation… . He was never a spiritual person before, but this has really opened his eyes… .
- "New Orleans Original" by Tom D'Angelo, February 17, 2008, Palm Beach Post (Florida)
- "Pistol" Pete Maravich Archived 2014-04-27 at the Wayback Machine Testimonies, Tothenextlevel.org
- "Give thanks for Cheech Marin and the California mainstream". SF Gate. Retrieved 21 November 2017.
- The International Who's Who in Popular Music 2002. Europa Publications. 2002. p. 336. Retrieved 11 September 2014.
- Klemesrud, Judy (30 September 1981). "Mary Martin's Newest Role". The New York Times. Retrieved 15 November 2016.
She keeps healthy, she went on, by ... practicing transcendental meditation
- Mason, Claudia (22 July 2014). "My Spiritual Practice: Meditation". Claudiamason.com. Archived from the original on 27 October 2014. Retrieved 27 October 2014.
I recently learned the Transcendental Meditation (TM) technique, and oh how sweet it is!
- Pereira, Joseph (September 19, 1991). "With Yogis' Help, A Baseball Player Looks for the Zone—At the Plate, Brent Mayne Wants Watermelons—So He Turns to Ayurveda". Wall Street Journal. p. A.1.
- Roberts, Michael (28 November 2012). "John McAfee still a fugitive despite new blog, Joe Rogan and Alex Jones appearances". Westword. Archived from the original on 13 February 2017. Retrieved 13 February 2017.
On my first trip to India in my early twenties, I traveled to Delhi and other places on the Ganges. I was one of the first people to learn transcendental meditation with Maharichi[sic], the founder of the transcendental meditation movement.
- "McCartney, Jr: meditation and vegetarianism". Archived from the original on 2013-10-23. Retrieved 23 October 2013.
- Lambert, Victoria (28 April 2016). "Stella McCartney on worrying what the nation thinks and transcendental meditation". Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 1 May 2016.
I do meditate – but I’m not really at 20-minutes-a-day of TM [transcendental meditation], I’m not there yet.
- New York, 17 March 1975, p. 64
- "Magick & Music: Coil's Drew McDowall Explains Ritual And The Creative Process". ElectronicBeats. Retrieved 26 October 2018.
- Tran, Bibi. "'Women in the Media Who Meditate' Luncheon Raises Funds to Teach TM to At-Risk Women and Children". David Lynch Foundation. Archived from the original on 17 May 2015. Retrieved 17 May 2015.
TM has helped me be more effective in the things I most care about. I don’t know how it works but I know it does: there is a combination of pleasure from both energy and calm.
- Kramer, Gary M. (9 July 2016). "How Matt McGorry falls in love: 'When I do, I'm all in'". Salon.com. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
TM was said to be very simple and easy and I found that to be the case.
- Lippy, Charles H. (June 2000). Pluralism Comes of Age. M. E. Sharpe. p. 112. ISBN 978-0-7656-0151-3.
- Webster, Bob (December 3, 1987). "Meditation or electronic gadgets, he's written a guidebook to it". The Ottawa Citizen. p. C.16.
- Meyncke, Amanda Mae. "Interview: Eva Mendes on David Lynch, Ayn Rand, and Making it in Los Angeles" Film.com, Aug 03, 2010
- "Jay-Z protégé Mensa on beating drug addiction and depression". Retrieved 16 November 2017.
- "Miguel Talks Justin Bieber, Meditation & Liquid Courage for the Grammys". Hot93.7. Retrieved 21 September 2014.
'I just started looking into Transcendental Meditation,' he said. 'A lot of people don't understand that voice in your head that is consistently going, or thinking. There is a way to take a break from that, and just kind of be in the moment. That is what that whole meditation is about. It's just brilliant.'
- Salud, April (2 November 2016). "As 'Twin Peaks' Nears, David Lynch Returns In Full Force". Buzzfeed. Retrieved 19 December 2016.
There’s a really transcendental quality to virtual reality. ... TM is a really great portal into exploring those states within yourself. Virtual reality is basically an authored dream state.
- "Change Begins With a New Pair of Workout Pants". Style.com. Archived from the original on 27 July 2014. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
When Miller bonded with New York-based fashion publicist Robyn Berkley over their life-changing experiences with TM, the two decided to collaborate on a capsule collection
- "Alyssa Miller launches meditation line". Yahoo. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
a percentage of sales going to the David Lynch Foundation, which gives scholarships to military personnel, survivors of domestic abuse, and schoolchildren so they can learn Transcendental Meditation
- Dean, Bill. "Miller performance 'Peaks' interest". Gainesville Sun. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- Battaglio, Stephen (24 February 2016). "How Leslie Moonves continues to guide CBS to the top of the TV industry". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 17 March 2016.
Moonves cools down by practicing Transcendental Meditation several times a week. … 'I do it right before I go to sleep,' he said. 'It puts me in a calm state, which I'm not always in.'
- Moore, Mark E.; Mark Scott (2004-02-02). A Humble Defense. College Press. ISBN 978-0-89900-486-0.
- De Campos Mello, Raphaela (July 9, 2012). "Meditação transcendental: a técnica de David Lynch e Wagner Moura". Casa.com. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
Assim como Lynch, praticante há 40 anos, diversos artistas aderiram ao treinamento mental, entre eles Oprah Winfrey, Clint Eastwood, Paul McCartney e o brasileiro Wagner Moura.
- Müller, Tainá (14 October 2010). "Silencio, no hay banda". Archived from the original on 2014-11-29. Retrieved 29 November 2014.
Todo dia Tainá Müller mergulha em si com a meditação transcendental que mudou seu mundo. … 'Foi mais ou menos o que aconteceu quando, quase sem querer, acabei parando em uma aula de meditação transcendental no bairro Itaim Bibi, em São Paulo.'
- Colgan, Paul (April 22, 2013). "Om The Front Page: Rupert Murdoch Is Learning Transcendental Meditation". Business Insider Australia. Archived from the original on April 23, 2013. Retrieved April 24, 2013.
- Seward, Zachary (April 21, 2013). "Rupert Murdoch takes up transcendental meditation, the hot new creed among CEOs". Yahoo News. Retrieved April 22, 2013.
- Whitney, Christine (12 March 2015). "Fabulous at every age: Carolyn Murphy". Harpers Bazaar.
Her regimen is extensive: alkaline water; eight to 10 hours of sleep; biodynamic vegetables; frequent sauna sessions; Estée Lauder Youth-Dew; power crystals; and Transcendental Meditation (boyfriend Lincoln Pilcher's childhood friend taught the couple the technique).Missing or empty
- "New requirements to meet current business trends". The Hindu. Chennai. March 31, 1999. p. 1.
- Apgar, Toni (May 1994). "Off court with Martina Navratilova". Vegetarian Times.
- "The TM Craze". Time. October 13, 1975.
- Soledad O'Brien on Healing and Empowering Women YouTube video
- "Rosie O'Donnell's Spiritual Practice Video", retrieved March 17, 2011
- "Tom Odell doesn't drink much before he performs anymore". 13 December 2018. Retrieved 13 December 2018.
- "Oldfield's odyssey". Evening Standard. London (UK). May 15, 2007. p. 1.
- May, Peggy (October 12, 1998). "Meditation touted as the answer". Northwest Florida Daily News. p. C.1.
- Arter, Neesha (15 January 2015). "NYC Tastemakers Share Their 2015 Resolutions". New York Observer. Retrieved 4 February 2015.
I do Transcendental Meditation, something I really need to do more of.
- Oz, Daphne (16 April 2013). Relish: An Adventure in Food, Style, and Everyday Fun. William Morrow & Company. p. 116. ISBN 978-0062196866.
I took a course in transcendental meditation after reading about the positive effects it was having on hyperactive schoolkids who were now suddenly able to focus, excel, and cope with stress.
- Oz, Lisa (2010). Us: Transforming Ourselves and the Relationships That Matter Most. The Free Press. p. 189. Retrieved 3 June 2015.
I've used … transcendental meditation.
- "Lifestyle, Food, Travel, Entertainment, Money, Health". AARP The Magazine. Archived from the original on 2010-04-13. Retrieved 2010-05-24.
- Page, Tim [Interview] (October 27, 2009)Living with Aspergers Syndrome Washington Post, "One thing I recommend is Transcendental Meditation, which I have been doing for 33 years and which has helped me greatly." retrieved June 12, 2012 archived here
- Rosenthal, Norman E. (2011) Tarcher/Penguin, Transcendence, page 19
- Corridan, Kara (2015). "A Convo with Two Really Cool Moms". Parents. Archived from the original on 18 September 2015. Retrieved 18 September 2015.
Lennon’s husband worked at a school where they taught transcendental meditation and took time out of the school day to meditate. … So Lennon and I learned meditation ... through the David Lynch Foundation, and we try and meditate at least once a day.
- "Mary-Louise Parker Gushes Over 'Awesome' Red Sparrow Costar Jennifer Lawrence: She's 'Tough' and 'Sweet'". Retrieved 20 Oct 2017.
- Parton, Nicole (August 21, 1993). "New party vows to deliver more bounce to the ounce". The Vancouver Sun. p. A.3.
- "Fitspiration – Lorraine Pascale". Hip & Healthy. 5 March 2015. Retrieved 28 August 2015.
To unwind after a busy day I practise transcendental meditation which I do morning and evening for 20 minutes each time. ... The meditation keeps me grounded, learn to be honest with myself, and only do the things which I feel will make me happy.
- Crary, David (November 5, 2003). "Denver voters say no to stress-reduction measure". San Antonio Express-News. p. 13.A.
- Long, April (14 February 2011). "Fantastic Voyage". Elle. Archived from the original on 8 October 2014. Retrieved 13 October 2014.
transcendental meditation ... she decided to try it out for herself. 'It really helps,' she says of the practice.
- Graham, Adam (20 May 2015). "Like a ninja, Mike Posner bounces back". The Detroit News. Retrieved 3 June 2015.
He practices Transcendental Meditation twice a day, every day, but doesn't preach about his beliefs or findings. 'I shouldn't be telling people what to do, 'cause I don't really (expletive) know,' he says. 'I don't know if I'm right!'
- Shelton, Patricia (July 10, 1975). "Priscilla Presley to Enter College This fall". Lakeland Ledger. p. 21.
TM has given me a calmness and self-confidence I never had before.
- "Tour Talk with Judd Apatow and Colin Quinn". Funny or Die. 18 June 2015. Retrieved 25 January 2017.
I do TM every day, twice a day, five years. [2' 5"]
- Hiatt, Brian (October 23, 2013). "The Unbreakable Robin Quivers". Rolling Stone. Retrieved March 3, 2015.
- Sachs, Mark. "Plenty of spots to meet". Retrieved 24 April 2014.
I do Transcendental Meditation, and part of the reason I chose my house is that I thought it would be a great place to meditate.
- Wright, Emily (June 7, 2011). "Job pumps him up; Rancourt still hitting high notes". Boston Globe. p. C.11.
- "Meditation Teacher To The Stars". Huffington Post. Retrieved 20 October 2013.
- "John C. Reilly & Ben Jones – Stone Quackers". Starrymag. 27 February 2015. Retrieved 26 January 2017.
I practice transcendental meditation and he’s a big proponent of that, so he’s [David Lynch] a big inspiration in a lot of ways.
- "This Week Around the Industry in Comedy Stories From Michael Ian Black, T.J. Miller, John C. Reilly and Moontower Comedy Festival (and more!)". The Interrobang. 26 February 2015. Retrieved 26 January 2017.
- Clarke, Kristyn (26 February 2015). "Interview: John C. Reilly And Ben Jones Discuss "Stone Quackers"". PCM. Retrieved 26 January 2017.
- "Greg Reitman: Importance of Meditation". Mantramag.com. August 2013. Archived from the original on 15 October 2014. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
[T]he one that worked for me the best was TM. This meditation technique only lasts twenty minutes, but its effects are staggering on my mind, body, and well-being.
- "Transcendental Meditation & Seeing Beyond". Me & Paranormal You. 18 November 2016. Archived from the original on 20 November 2016. Retrieved 20 November 2016.
TM ... Callum Keith Rennie from Battlestar does it as well and it really helps Callum [17–18']
- NY Times News Service (18 November 1977)Religion of Meditation Pondered, Lawrence Journal-World, retrieved Sept 9, 2012
- McLean, Craig. "Smokey Robinson interview: 'God saved me from cocaine'". Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- Gluck, Bob. You'll Know When You Get There: Herbie Hancock and the Mwandishi Band. Google Books. p. 229. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- Dennys, Harriet (23 January 2014). "City Diary: How 'Dr Doom' saw the light at Davos". The Daily Telegraph. London. Retrieved 23 January 2014.
- "Pre-candidates use relaxation techniques to eliminate election stress". Folha.com. Retrieved 18 November 2010.
- "Why I changed my mind and wrote "Transcendence: Healing and Transformation Through Transcendental Meditation"". Archived from the original on 1 June 2011. Retrieved 2 June 2011.
- "Wise moves of Grandmaster". Deccanherald.com. Retrieved 24 May 2010.
- "Wow! Working out with Stephanie Ruhle". 9 February 2017. Archived from the original on 14 February 2017. Retrieved 14 February 2017.
You say Transcendental Meditation and people’s eyes roll, but for me, meditation, that 10 minutes in the morning and 10 minutes at night, it gives me this mental cushion in my day. It’s my nature to shoot from the hip. Something like TM, it almost puts me on a half second delay.
- "14 Founders On What Keeps Them Sane". Forbes.com. Retrieved 6 September 2014.
- "Edward Saatchi, CEO of a Facebook for companies". 7 January 2014. Archived from the original on 28 August 2015. Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- "Transcendental Meditation & Seeing Beyond". Me & Paranormal You. 18 November 2016. Archived from the original on 20 November 2016. Retrieved 20 November 2016.
I meditate every day, for 20 minutes twice a day ... Transcendental Meditation [10–11']
- Gregory Beyer; Sasha Bronner. "Sheri Salata And Erik Logan, Searching For Meaning At The Top Of Oprah Winfrey's World". Retrieved 6 May 2014.
'There is a potential to have a very stressful life in my world,' she says. 'Twenty minutes twice a day makes a huge difference. It's easy to say you don't have time for it and you let it get away from you, but boy, it sure feels better when I make time for it.'
- Paul, Satarupa (12 July 2015). "Beatles ashram in Rishikesh to be turned into a museum soon". Hindustan Times. Archived from the original on 19 September 2015. Retrieved 19 September 2015.
I took a train to Rishikesh and arrived at the ashram. … I learnt meditation in five minutes
- Dombal, Ryan (24 February 2012). "Santigold Talks Long-Awaited New Album". Pitchfork. Retrieved 16 December 2016.
I started doing transcendental meditation. It fixed everything, it was amazing.
- Levine, Nick (6 April 2012). "Master of My Make-Believe: a great sonic adventure". The National. Retrieved 16 December 2016.
She credits her recovery to transcendental meditation
- Jennings, Harriet (7 April 2012). "Santigold: 'I'm not apologising and I'm not compromising'". DIY. Archived from the original on 16 December 2016. Retrieved 16 December 2016.
I had to figure out how I could just be really calm and confident. I ended up doing transcendental meditation, and that’s why I realised that I was the ruler of my own reality.
- Presidente de Colombia aconseja: "Legalicen la marihuana" 24 October 2011, Publimetro
- "Tomás Saraceno on capitalism, meditation and spiders". Financial Times. 1 December 2018. Retrieved 1 December 2018.
- Nazarali, Rosemina (10 September 2015). "Actor Paul Scheer Shares His Daily Routine". Archived from the original on 17 September 2015. Retrieved 17 September 2015.
I also do some TM (transcendental meditation) and I feel like that centers me in a good way to be open to new stuff or at least calm the other parts of my mind down.
- "Taylor Schilling Takes on Sci-Fi in Her Latest Role in The Titan". Gotham. 23 February 2018. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- Van Meter, Jonathan (16 June 2016). "Amy Schumer Doesn't Care If You Like Her—She's Changing the Game". Vogue. Retrieved 2 August 2016.
she is a devoted practitioner of TM
- Schwartz, Tony (23 March 1995). "Close To Home; A Father's Adventures in Enlightenment". The New York Times. p. C.1.
- Deen, J. C. (28 October 2013). "Taking Your Training Further—How Mindfulness and Visualization Can Get You There". Schwarzenegger.com. Archived from the original on 11 December 2016. Retrieved 11 December 2016.
Arnold … has been known to practice … transcendental meditation as mentioned in his biography, Total Recall.
- Klapp, Orrin Edgar (29 September 1978). Opening and Closing. Cambridge University Press. p. 185. Retrieved 16 September 2015.
An Apollo 14 veteran, Rusty Schweickart, took up transcendental meditation, saying, 'I'm not the same man. None of us are.'
- Tribbe, Matthew D. (2014). No Requiem for the Space Age: The Apollo Moon Landings and American Culture. Oxford University Press. p. 195. Retrieved 16 September 2015.
Consider Rusty Schweickart. … By 1972 he had … taken up Transcendental Meditation, and was pictured in Time escorting Maharishi Mahesh Yogi … on a tour through NASA's Manned Spacecraft Center.
- Gallagher, Maria (22 July 1986). "Bill Scrantons Celebrate Birthdays". Philadelphia Daily News. p. 8.
- Baylen, Ashley. "Lena Dunham to Participate in Transcendental Meditation Panel". Archived from the original on 24 April 2014. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
TM has changed the pace of my life and given me incredible focus and a sense of well-being.
- "Cover Story: Avenged Sevenfold". Illinois Entertainer. 1 January 2018. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- Frankenberg, Ruth (March 2004). Living spirit, living practice. Duke University Press. p. 59. ISBN 0-8223-3295-7.
- "In the Director's Chair: Tom Shankland on learning from actors & unhealthy obsessions with Roman emperors". The Drum. Retrieved 10 February 2019.
- "Highlights of David Lynch Foundation's Night of Comedy Honoring George Shapiro". David Lynch Foundation Television. 30 June 2012. Retrieved 11 December 2016.
- "Jay Leno and Jerry Seinfeld on Transcendental Meditation". YouTube. 22 July 2014. Retrieved 19 September 2015.
TM, which I've been doing for, I think, it's 28 years … Andy Kaufman introduced me to it and it's become a great experience for me.
- Kumar, Sunaina (9 April 2011). "Anushka Sharma: The 1,000 watt girl". Tehelka. Retrieved 26 August 2015.
she practises transcendental meditation twice a day, without which she becomes cranky.
- Seal, Riddhima (24 August 2015). "Anushka Sharma's rules of fitness". Retrieved 26 August 2015.
- Adams, Tim (5 February 2012). "Rupert Sheldrake: the 'heretic' at odds with scientific dogma". The Observer. Retrieved 11 December 2016.
I had some exposure to psychedelics, and that opened me up to the idea that consciousness was much richer than anything my physiology lecturers had ever described. Then I came across transcendental meditation, which seemed to give some access to that without drugs.
- "Maria Shriver: 'I've Been Thinking . . .'". Long Island Herald. Retrieved 22 February 2018.
- John Stackhouse (3 March 2001). "Sex and the 'Celibate' Swami". The Globe and Mail.
- Agoncillo, Jodee. "Kimora Lee Simmons on 'Life in the Fab Lane'". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Archived from the original on 11 December 2016. Retrieved 11 December 2016.
I practice Transcendental Meditation. I do it for like 10 minutes in the morning and again in the evening.
- "Why I Meditate". Huffington Post. 26 April 2010. Retrieved 11 December 2016.
I have now been doing TM for two years. It has changed my experiences in meditation and therefore my experiences in life.
- Morrow, William (13 April 2011). "Nikki Sixx—This is gonna hurt—music, photography and life through the distorted lens". Bravewords.com. Archived from the original on 10 May 2016. Retrieved 10 May 2016.
Sixx’s daily transcendental meditation
- Bracelin, Jason (25 July 2008). "New Outlook". Las Vegas Review-Journal. p. J.22.
- Duerden, Nick (4 October 2014). "Chas Smash: After the madness, going solo". The Guardian. Retrieved 24 October 2014.
He started to practise transcendental meditation, read books by Jesuit priests and Sufi poetry.
- Maharish's Worldwide Transcendental Meditation Movement Golden Jubilee Yearbook Archived 2011-08-11 at the Wayback Machine, Maharishi University of Management, 1983. "Day-to-day activities on the Purusha course are like a celebration. Being with 200 happy, one-pointed, and enthusiastic individuals, life is lifted to new levels of fulfillment. There is an incredible feeling of togetherness within the group....—Jeffrey Smith "
- Unknown author (1986) 1985–1986 Purusha Business Archived 2011-08-11 at the Wayback Machine, on p. 40 in the MBA section, there is a photo of a man with the caption: Jeffrey Smith, MUM yearbook, 1986.
- Farber, Lindsay. "Ian Somerhalder Explains Why He Calls His Cheat Meals 'Balance Days'". LIVESTRONG.COM. Retrieved 2018-08-23.
- Zeitlin, Matthew. "The Chef, The Doctor, The Hedge Fund Manager, And Transcendental Meditation". Retrieved 14 February 2014.
- "Interview with Soul Basement, musician and composer from Italy". TMhome. 21 July 2015. Archived from the original on 11 December 2016. Retrieved 11 December 2016.
TM has brought me new perspectives, a deeper understanding of myself and the world I live in.
- "Inside John Stamos' Long Road to Fatherhood". 2 Jan 2018.
- "Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr promote Transcendental Meditation for pupils, 6 April 2009". Entertainment.timesonline.co.uk. London. Retrieved 28 March 2013.
- "Dr. Steinbaum endorses meditation". TMhome.com. 6 February 2014. Retrieved 27 November 2014.
I believe in it so strongly that about a year ago I started doing it myself. … I recommend TM for myself, I recommend it for my patients.
- "Jerry Seinfeld on Importance of Meditation for PTSD". ABC News: Good Morning America. 13 December 2012.
-  Teen Vogue, Ali Stephens: mommy and me, 3 March 2008, Staff Writer, retrieved 17 March 2001
- Unknown (20 May 2012) Stern's Marital Bliss, New York Post retrieved 3 July 2012
- Takiff, Jonathan (18 July 2014). "2 artists, 2 journeys toward bliss". philly.com. Archived from the original on 19 July 2014. Retrieved 19 July 2014.
- Rodrick, Stephen (23 May 2014). "Patrick Stewart: Captain Fantastic". Men's Journal. Archived from the original on 10 May 2016. Retrieved 10 May 2016.
the transcendental meditation he's been practicing for decades.
- Shankar, Jay (6 February 2008). "Maharishi Mahesh Yogi". Bloomberg. Archived from the original on 20 July 2012. Retrieved 15 August 2010.
- "Bio". Maya Stojan. Archived from the original on 16 May 2015. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
She also practices Transcendental Meditation every day.
- "Emma Stone Reveals Her Self-Care Routine to Treat Her Anxiety". CheatSheet. Retrieved 2 Oct 2018.
- "Sting & Trudie Styler Confess They Have Wild, Tantric Sex". Hollywood Life. 19 December 2014. Retrieved 7 January 2015.
- "Sting likes being on top in the bedroom". Female First. 19 December 2014. Retrieved 7 January 2015.
- "Catholicism And Transcendental Meditation – The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan". Andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com. 8 April 2010. Retrieved 24 May 2010.
- Acuna, Kirsten (16 July 2012). "13 Former Celebrity Scientologists". Business Insider. Retrieved 5 January 2015.
I got into Buddhism, took est training, was into therapy, into Scientology, into Transcendental Meditation.
- "Caissie Levy, Sasha Allen Join & Lawrence, Ryness and Swenson Confirm to Complete Hair Cast". Broadwayworld.com. 29 January 2009. Retrieved 13 March 2015.
- Liz: An Intimate Biography of Elizabeth Taylor; by C. David Heymann; Simon and Schuster; April 4, 2011, p. 428.
- "Sam Taylor-Wood". Sunday Times Magazine. 23 March 2014.
Taylor-Johnson has not become a biker like her dad, but she still does yoga and, once or twice a day if she has the time, practises transcendental meditation.
- "Lunch with Vancouver Architect Bing Thom". 7 November 2011. Retrieved 15 November 2016.
Thom, who has practiced transcendental meditation twice daily since the ’60s
- Gabrielle, Paiella (June 15, 2018). "Talking About Cheating, Vaping, and White Wine With The Affair's Maura Tierney". Yahoo Lifestyle. Retrieved 2018-08-28.
- Vellinga, Mary Lynne (October 25, 1995). "Meditation Party Tries To Make '96 Ballot". The Sacramento Bee. p. A.4.
- "TeamIvanka Learned How to Meditate". Ivankatrump.com. 2 June 2015. Archived from the original on 3 June 2015. Retrieved 3 June 2015.
Ivanka meditates twice daily—she even has her recurring twenty-minute sessions blocked off in her calendar. ... Ivanka gave us the incredible opportunity to participate in a full transcendental meditation (TM) course, led by her friend, Bob Roth, of the David Lynch Foundation.
- "Why should you learn Transcendental Meditation? Hugh Jackman, Candy Crowley, George Stephanopolis and others give their experiences". National Association of Professional Women. Archived from the original on July 5, 2013. Retrieved 12 July 2015.CS1 maint: Unfit url (link)
- Derrough, Leslie Michele (October 15, 2012). "Steve Vai". Glide Magazine. Retrieved 11 October 2013.
- Valente, Giada (2 June 2015). "Can TM Help Make a Dream Come True?". Huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved 3 June 2015.
Since a year I'm practicing Transcendental Meditation: twice a day 20 minutes. ... After only a few months the changes were visible. I was sleeping better and had so much more energy to do things. Thanks to TM it felt like I had more control of my brain.
- "Tom Hanks Does Trump Impression to Support Meditation for Vets". October 19, 2017. Retrieved 19 October 2017.
- Vargas, Elizabeth (8 September 2016). "Battling Anxiety and Alcohol: How Meditation and Reaching Out to Others Saves Me". ABC News. Retrieved 27 January 2017.
This is called transcendental meditation, which is the kind I practice.
- Kim, Victoria (3 May 2016). "Russell Brand and Elizabeth Vargas Talk Addiction at Meditation Summit". Archived from the original on 27 January 2017. Retrieved 27 January 2017.
Vargas has been practicing TM for about a year now. When she got back from rehab in 2014, fellow ABC anchor George Stephanopoulos encouraged her to try the technique. A year later, she says her anxiety 'is a lot less than it used to be.'
- Shields, Charles J. And So It Goes: Kurt Vonnegut: A Life. Macmillan, 8 November 2011. p. 234. ISBN 978-0805086935. Retrieved 19 September 2015.
TM percolated into the Vonnegut household through Edie … . Edie and Jane enrolled in introductory lectures and paid for their personal mantras … .
- Riley, Michael (13 August 2006). "Plan for meditation capital has Kansas farm town on edge". Denver Post. p. A.01.
- "No. 70: Charlie Walk: Power 100". Billboard. 9 February 2017. Retrieved 4 April 2017.
Bob Roth, the executive director of the David Lynch Foundation, taught me transcendental meditation.
- Reed, Wendy; Horne, Jennifer (2012). Circling faith: Southern women on spirituality. University of Alabama Press. p. 185. ISBN 978-0-8173-1767-6.
- Dominus, Susan (16 October 2009). "A Transplant Patient Finds That the Force Is Still With Him". The New York Times.
- "David S. Ware: A jazz musician with "a world of sound" 7 September 2011, TM blog
- Video at DLF.tv
- Barrett, Chris (30 January 2015). "Shane Watson turns to meditation to conquer cricket's mind games". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 3 February 2015.
transcendental meditation ... has been central to him traversing the most emotionally challenging cricket summer on record, Watson argues.
- Barrett, Chris (30 January 2015). "Shane Watson turns to meditation to conquer cricket's mind games". Eyre Peninsula Tribune. Missing or empty
- "Award Winning Painter Describes her Experience of Transcendental Meditation". 29 November 2009. Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- "12 artists who meditate: Deep down, silence becomes creative!". 26 June 2015. Archived from the original on 28 August 2015. Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- Lanham, Tom (2 June 2015). "Florence Welch's Big, Blue, Beautiful Recipe for Success". Paste. Retrieved 3 June 2015.
I started transcendental meditation, and that’s been really helpful. It made me learn how to nurture myself more, to try and look after myself a bit.
- Shea, Courtney (16 August 2015). "Radio host Roz Weston finds success in meditation and professionalism". Retrieved 26 August 2015.
In the middle of the day when we all break for lunch, my colleagues all go to the cafeteria and I go to my dressing room and meditate for 20 minutes and then I’m good to go.
- Miszewska, Claire Marie (8 December 2001). "Diggin' the Dancing Queens". Daily Express. UK. p. 41.
- "Jesse Williams participates in Q&A session as part of UB Distinguished Speakers Series". Retrieved 19 November 2017.
- Pleasant, Maranda (2013-05-25). "A Conversation with Marianne Williamson: Powerful pioneer in new thought and spirituality". Origin. Retrieved 22 September 2013.
- Clark., Michael D. (July 23, 2000). "Wilson's tour is new 'Pet' project". Houston Chronicle. p. 10.
- Wright, John (January 1, 1993). "The music never stops for the Beach Boys". Las Vegas Review-Journal. p. 11.e.
- "Fairfield's fame levitates after Oprah's meditation" Des Moines Register, 24 March 2012
- "Russell Brand Does Stand-Up for Transcendental Meditation" 29 November 2011, ABC News
- "Oprah Winfrey discusses her experience with Transcendental Meditation" on YouTube video, at time 1:58
- Wolcott, James. "Welcome, My Brother! | James Wolcott's Blog". Vanity Fair. Archived from the original on 2010-05-29. Retrieved 2010-05-24.
- "Stevie Wonder can still find sunshine in his life". Toronto Star. May 23, 1989. p. B.2.
- Dowd, Maureen (21 April 1989). "Betty Wright Says She 'Earned Every Penny'". The New York Times. Retrieved 12 June 2016.
transcendental meditation, which they have both practiced for some time
- Perrone, Pierre (July 9, 2004). "Syreeta: Motown singer and sometime Mrs Stevie Wonder". The Independent. London (UK). p. 35.
- Lanham, Tom (3 September 2015). "Allie X doesn't want to talk about her past". San Francisco Examiner. Retrieved 16 September 2015.
I just started transcendental meditation, like he [David Lynch] does. And it’s given me 25 percent less anxiety.
- "Nelson Xavier fala da vida". Portuguesepoesia.com.br. Archived from the original on 12 June 2016. Retrieved 12 June 2016.
Minha mulher (a cantora Via Negromonte), adepta da meditação transcendental … . Recentemente, aderi à meditação
- "Nick Zano". Twitter. 20 July 2014. Archived from the original on 16 May 2015. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
It's been exactly 2 years of daily transcendental meditation & highly recommend the practice
- Melton, J. Gordon (1992-11-01). Encyclopedic handbook of cults in America. Taylor & Francis. p. 289. ISBN 0-8153-1140-0.
- Super Model Raquel Zimmermann on Transcendental Meditation  TM Women Professionals, YouTube
- "Barry Zito, Russell Brand, David Lynch meditate at SF school". SFGate. May 6, 2013. Retrieved 12 May 2013.
- "BoF Exclusive—Italo Zucchelli's Sublime Futurism—Part I" 7 February 2012, Business of fashion