List of online grocers
This is a list of notable online grocers. Online grocers are grocery stores that allow private individuals and businesses to purchase groceries and grocery products online. The companies then deliver the orders to consumers.
- Honestbee founded in 2012 by Joel sng (online supermarket in Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan and Thailand).
- Coles Online – an online retail website operated by Coles Supermarkets, one of Australia's largest companies.
- Woolworths Supermarket Online
- Grocery Gateway – Longo's acquired the online grocery retailer Grocery Gateway in 2004.
- Sustainable Produce Urban Delivery – an online grocery service operating along the west coast of North America that predominantly focuses in organic groceries
- Thrifty Foods
- Honestbee (also operates online supermarket in Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Taiwan and Thailand)
- Cold Storage
- Giant Online
- LeShop.ch – a Swiss online supermarket and one of Europe’s largest online grocery stores
- Farmdrop – an online food delivery company that distributes foods to consumers that is sourced from local farmers and fishermen.
- Sainsbury's Online
- Morrisons systems and delivery outsourced to Ocado
- Marks & Spencer Currently offering "bundles" of food for occaisions, full online grocery shopping coming soon via a new partnership with Ocado
- Amazon Prime Pantry – a service of Amazon.com available only to Amazon Prime members.
- AmazonFresh (membership-based)
- Blue Apron
- CobornsDelivers founded in 2000 as SimonsDelivers.
- Google Express (personal shopper service)
- Home Chef – a Chicago, Illinois-based weekly meal kit company that delivers pre-portioned ingredients and recipes to subscribers.
- Instacart (personal shopper service)
- My Cloud Grocer – a grocery eCommerce software platform for the supermarket chains
- Peapod (Midwest/East)
- Safeway Inc.
- Shipt (membership-based personal shopper service)
- Whole Foods (powered by instacart)
- Winder Farms (West Coast)
- FreshDirect (New York/New Jersey/Connecticut/Pennsylvania/Delaware/Washington D.C)
- Hy-Vee's Aisles Online (Iowa, Illinois, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota, and Wisconsin)
- Kroger (CO/WY/TX)
- OurHarvest (NYC via Uber)
- Pink Dot (Los Angeles)
- CobornsDelivers (was SimonDelivers) (MN)
- Vons (Southern California)
- Jet (dry goods only)
- Liu, Jie (September 2012). "The key cornerstones to successful B2C: a case study of an online grocer in China". Proceedings of the CUBE International Information Technology Conference: 618–622. doi:10.1145/2381716.2381835. Retrieved 2 April 2013.
- Hickey, Shane (4 December 2015). "Stay local – and freshen up your supply chain". The Guardian. Retrieved 31 October 2016.