List of motor vehicle awards
This list of motor vehicle awards is an index to articles that describe notable awards given to motor vehicles. The list is broken into "car of the year", other car awards, awards for commercial vehicles including trucks and trains, engines and people. The sub-lists are arranged by the country of the sponsoring organization, but typically awards are open to entries from around the world.
Car of the yearEdit
|Australia||Wheels Car of the Year||Wheels|
|Canada||Canadian Car of the Year||Automobile Journalists Association of Canada|
|Europe||European Car of the Year||Car of the Year (magazines)|
|India||Indian Car of the Year||ICOTY (magazines)|
|International||World Car of the Year||World Car of the Year|
|Ireland||Irish Car of the Year||Irish Motoring Writers Association|
|Japan||Car of the Year Japan||Japan Car of the Year|
|Japan||RJC Car of the Year (Japan)||Automotive Researchers' and Journalists' Conference of Japan|
|Middle East / United Arab Emirates||Middle East Car of the Year||Middle East Car of the Year|
|South Africa||South African Car of the Year||South African Guild of Motoring Journalists|
|United Kingdom||Cars of the Year||What Car?|
|United Kingdom||Fifth Gear Awards||Fifth Gear|
|United Kingdom||Top Gear Car of the Year||Top Gear|
|United States||Automobile of the Year||Automobile|
|United States||Green Car of the Year||Green Car Journal|
|United States||International Car of the Year||Road & Travel Magazine|
|United States||Motor Trend Car of the Year||Motor Trend|
|United States||MotorWeek Drivers' Choice Awards||MotorWeek|
|United States||North American Car of the Year||North American International Auto Show|
Other car awardsEdit
|France||Peugeot Concours Design||Peugeot||Designs for a car (2001 to 2008)|
|Germany||Das Goldene Lenkrad||Bild am Sonntag, Auto Bild||New car models|
|United Kingdom||Dewar Trophy||Royal Automobile Club||The motor car which should successfully complete the most meritorious performance or test furthering the interests and advancement of the industry|
|International||Edison Awards||Edison Awards||Honoring excellence in innovation|
|United States||Ridler Award||Detroit Autorama||Best in show|
|United States||America's Most Beautiful Roadster||Grand National Roadster Show||Roadsters (since 1950)|
|United States||Automotive X Prize||X Prize Foundation||Inspire a new generation of super-efficient vehicles that help break America's addiction to oil and stem the effects of climate change|
|United States||Car and Driver 10Best||Car and Driver||Ten best cars of the year|
|United States||Car and Driver Supercar Challenge||Car and Driver||High-powered sports cars|
|United States||Car of the Century||Global Automotive Elections Foundation||World's most influential car of the 20th century|
|United States||Green Car Vision Award||Green Car Journal||Significant environmental advancements: pre-production and production cars|
|United States||Index of Effluency||24 Hours of LeMons||Index of Thermal Efficiency of a vehicle that was deemed unreliable from the factory|
|United States||Best of Show||Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance||Prewar and postwar collector cars judged for authenticity, function, history, and style|
|United States||MotorWeek Drivers' Choice Awards||MotorWeek||Best automotive picks in the most popular vehicle categories|
|United States||PACE Award||Automotive News||Innovation developed primarily by a supplier that changes the rules of the game|
|Europe||Bus & Coach of the Year||(industry publications)||Bus and coach models on the European market|
|Europe||International Truck of the Year||(industry / publications)||New vehicles appearing on the European market|
|Europe||International Van of the Year||(industry / publications)||New vehicles appearing on the European market|
|Japan||Blue Ribbon Award (railway)||Japan Railfan Club||Railway vehicles voted by members as being the most outstanding design of the year (since 1958)|
|Japan||Laurel Prize||Japan Railfan Club||Railway vehicles with the most outstanding functional and design features|
|United States||Green Truck of the Year||Green Car Journal|
|United Kingdom||International Engine of the Year||UKi Media & Events' Automotive Magazines||Subjective driving impressions, technical knowledge, and characteristics such as fuel economy, noise, smoothness, performance and driveability|
|United States||Ward's 10 Best Engines||Ward's AutoWorld||Best" automobile engines available in the U.S. market|
|Norway||Automotive Executive of the Year Award||DNV GL - Business Assurance||Excellence in leadership and innovation|
|United States||Automotive Hall of Fame||MotorCities National Heritage Area||Person has made a significant contribution to the automotive industry|
|United States||Car Designer of the Century||Global Automotive Elections Foundation||Most influential car designer of the 20th century|
|United States||Car Engineer of the Century||Global Automotive Elections Foundation||Most influential car engineer of the twentieth century|
|United States||Car Entrepreneur of the Century||Global Automotive Elections Foundation||Most influential car entrepreneur of the 20th century|
|United States||Louis Schwitzer Award||Society of Automotive Engineers||Engineer, or a team of engineers, for excellence in the design, development and implementation of new, innovative motorsports technology concepts for use in the Indianapolis 500 Mile Race|
|United States||Time Magazine Quality Dealer Award||Time, Ally Financial||New-car dealers in America who exhibit exceptional performance in their dealerships and perform distinguished community service|
- "Car of the Year". Wheels. Retrieved 24 February 2017.
- "C-Class is 2007 Wheels Car of the Year". Car Advice. 22 January 2008. Retrieved 24 February 2017.
- Canadian Car of the Year Winners (by Year), AJAC, archived from the original on 2010-03-25, retrieved 2020-02-05
- "Organizing magazines". Car of the Year. Archived from the original on 8 February 2017. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- Motoring, B. S. (6 May 2006). "Swiftly making history". Business Standard. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "India Car of The Year (ICOTY)". ICOTY (Indian Car Of The Year). Retrieved 2019-12-19.
- "wcoty.com World Car of the Year Awards". Archived from the original on 2017-02-05. Retrieved 2020-02-05.
- "Winners 2020". Irish Car of the Year. Retrieved 2019-11-12.
- "Toyota RAV4 wins 2019 Car of the Year Japan award" (in Thai). www.motoringresearch.com. 9 December 2019. Retrieved 11 December 2019.
- 第29回（2020年次）RJC カー オブ ザ イヤー, RJC, retrieved 2020-02-05
- Home Page, MECOTY, retrieved 2020-02-05
- "IOL - News for South Africa and the world". iol.co.za.
- "What Car? Car of the Year 2019 – the winners revealed". What Car?. Retrieved 23 January 2019.
- "Car of the Year 2019: overall winner". What Car?. Retrieved 23 January 2019.
- "Fifth Gear Finds New Home". Broadcast Now. Broadcast Now. Retrieved 19 November 2015.
- Karr, Anthony. "Fifth Gear Will Be Back In September". Motor1.com. Retrieved 27 April 2019.
- "Top Gear India special criticised for 'toilet humour'". Bbc.co.uk. 12 January 2012. Retrieved 11 March 2013.
- Cooper, Glenda (8 January 2008). "Exposing Jeremy Clarkson's sensitive side". Telegraph. London. Retrieved 27 October 2010.
- Gill, AA (20 July 2008). "Harley Street: another unimaginative medical drama". The Sunday Times. UK. Retrieved 27 October 2010.
- "25 Years of Automobile of the Year". Automobile. November 18, 2013. Retrieved January 19, 2019.
- "Texas to Debut Green Truck of the Year". CarsOfChange. 16 July 2014. Retrieved 9 November 2014.
- "VW and Audi Returning Green Car of the Year® Awards, Vehicles Deemed Ineligible".
- "What are the International Car Of The Year awards". Road & Travel.
- "ICOTY Awards history". Roadandtravel.com. Retrieved 2011-11-26.
- Lieberman, Jonny (January 2014). "Motor Trend Car of the Year 2014: The Strong Thrive: The 65th Anniversary of our Signature Award Finds the Automotive Industry Stronger Than Ever". Motor Trend. 66 (1): 42–45. ISSN 0027-2094. OCLC 423854316. Archived from the original on 2013-12-08. Retrieved 2015-05-18.
Our mission was to determine exactly which of this year's 22 new or significantly refreshed contenders is in fact the best.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-04-01. Retrieved 2011-05-29.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) 2011 Drivers' Choice Award Winners and Quotes
- "About NACTOY". North American Car of the Year (official website). Retrieved 2015-10-10.
- Peugeot Concours Design (English site)
- "Goldenes Lenkrad wird 2018 ausgesetzt". autobild.de. 22 June 2018. Retrieved 23 June 2018.
- Goodman, Bryan (2004), American Cars in Prewar England: A Pictorial Survey, Jefferson, NC US: McFarland, p. 33, ISBN 0-7864-1540-1, LCCN 2003019129
- MAX TAKES HOME SILVER IN 2020 EDISON AWARDS, GoPro, 1 April 2020, retrieved 2020-04-11
- "The Detroit Autorama Ridler Award-Autorama.com". Autorama.com. Championship Auto Show Incorporated (CASI). 2016-03-26. Retrieved 2016-03-28.
- Doeden, Matt (2007). Custom Cars. LernerClassroom. p. 28. ISBN 978-0822590125.
- Vaughn, Mark (January 29, 2016). "Who's going to win the 2016 Grand National Roadster Show?". AutoWeek.
- "Competition Guidelines, Version 1.2, 13 January 2009" (PDF). X Prize Foundation. p. 5. Archived from the original (PDF) on 1 August 2009. Retrieved 21 June 2009.
- Swan, Tony (January 2009). "2009 10Best Cars". Car and Driver. Retrieved 2009-01-26.
- http://www.caranddriver.com/features/columns/c_d_staff/brock_yates/let_s_try_this_run_what_you_brung_column Archived May 26, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- Car and Driver (USA) November 2005, Vol. 51, Iss. 5, pg. 110-121, by: Tony Swan, "Superfour Challenge"
- "International Engine of the Year Awards". UKi Media & Events Ltd. 2017. Retrieved 17 March 2017.
- "UKi Media Events". UKi Media & Events Ltd. 2017. Retrieved 17 March 2017.
- "Price Cap Eliminated for Wards 10 Best Engines & Propulsion Systems". Wards AutoWorld. WardsAuto.com. 2020-01-17. Retrieved 2020-02-24.