List of motor racing circuits by FIA Grade
Appendix O to the FIA International Sporting Code defines the inspection and licensing process for racing circuits intending to host races sanctioned by the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA), motorsport's governing body. The grades issued by the FIA Grade from 1 to 6 depending on the suitability of the circuit for different types and groups of cars, with 1 being the highest grade and the only circuits that can host Formula One races. A circuit holding a particular grade can also host events featuring categories of cars at lower grades. The grades are issued "with the sole purpose of permitting the registration of races on the FIA International Calendar, for the categories of vehicles specified."
Grades 1–4 concern various categories of car depending on their power to weight ratio, Grade 5 is for alternative energy vehicles, and Grade 6 relates to autocross, rallycross and ice racing courses.
There are 46 Grade One circuits in 32 different nations. Circuits holding Grade One certification may host events involving "Automobiles of Groups D (FIA International Formula) and E (Free Formula) with a weight/power ratio of less than 1 kg/hp." As such, a Grade One certification is required to host events involving Formula One cars.
|Albert Park Circuit||Australia||5.303km/3.295mi|
|Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari||Italy||4.909km/3.050mi|
|Autódromo Fernanda Pires da Silva||Portugal||Grand Prix||4.182km/2.598mi|
|Algarve International Circuit||Portugal||Grand Prix||4.684km/2.909mi|
|Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez||Mexico||Grand Prix||4.304km/2.673mi|
|Autódromo José Carlos Pace||Brazil||Grand Prix||4.309km/2.678mi|
|Autodromo Nazionale Monza||Italy||Grand Prix||5.793km/3.598mi|
|Bahrain International Circuit||Bahrain||Grand Prix||5.412km/3.361mi|
|Baku City Circuit||Azerbaijan||6.003km/3.730mi|
|Buddh International Circuit||India||Grand Prix||5.125km/3.183mi|
|Buriram International Circuit||Thailand||Grand Prix||4.554km/2.829mi|
|Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya||Spain||Grand Prix||4.655km/2.891mi|
|Circuit de Monaco[N 1]||Monaco||Grand Prix||3.337km/2.073mi|
|Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps[N 2]||Belgium||Grand Prix||7.004km/4.350mi|
|Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours||France||4.411km/2.740mi|
|Circuit Gilles Villeneuve[N 3]||Canada||4.361km/2.709mi|
|Circuit of the Americas||United States||Grand Prix||5.513km/3.424mi|
|Circuit Paul Ricard||France||1C–V2||5.842km/3.629mi|
|Circuit Zandvoort[N 4]||Netherlands||Full||4.259 km (2.646 mi)|
|Circuito de Jerez||Spain||4.428km/2.750mi|
|Ciudad del Motor de Aragón||Spain||Grand Prix||5.345 km (3.321 mi)|
|Aerotest||4.933 km (3.065 mi)|
|FIM||5.078 km (3.155 mi)|
|Long||5.214 km (3.240 mi)|
|Dubai Autodrome||United Arab Emirates||Grand Prix||5.390km/3.348mi|
|Hanoi Street Circuit[N 5]||Vietnam||Grand Prix||5.607km/3.484mi|
|Indianapolis Motor Speedway||United States||Grand Prix||4.192km/2.607mi[N 6]|
|Korea International Circuit||South Korea||Grand Prix||5.615km/3.488mi|
|Kuwait Motor Town||Kuwait||Grand Prix||5.608km/3.483mi|
|Kymi Ring[N 7]||Finland||4.650km/2.889mi|
|Losail International Circuit[N 8]||Qatar||5.380km/3.342mi|
|Marina Bay Street Circuit[N 9]||Singapore||5.077km/3.153mi|
|Moscow Raceway||Russia||Grand Prix #1||3.955km/2.457mi|
|Mugello Circuit||Italy||Grand Prix||5.245km/3.258mi|
|Red Bull Ring[N 10]||Austria||Grand Prix||4.318km/2.683mi|
|Sepang International Circuit||Malaysia||Grand Prix||5.543km/3.443mi|
|Shanghai International Circuit[N 11]||China||Grand Prix||5.451km/3.386mi|
|Silverstone Circuit||United Kingdom||Grand Prix||5.901km/3.665mi|
|Sochi Autodrom||Russia||Grand Prix||5.848km/3.632mi|
|Suzuka Circuit||Japan||Grand Prix||5.807km/3.607mi|
|Yas Marina Circuit||United Arab Emirates||Grand Prix||5.554km/3.450mi|
There are 79 Grade Two circuits in 32 different nations. Circuits holding Grade Two certification may host events involving "Automobiles of Groups D (FIA International Formula) and E (Free formula) with a weight/power ratio of between 1 and 2 kg/hp."
There are 88 Grade Three circuits in 34 different nations. Circuits holding Grade Three certification may host events involving "Category II Automobiles with a weight/power ratio of between 2 and 3 kg/hp."
There are 55 Grade Four circuits in 33 different nations. Circuits holding Grade Four certification may host events involving "Category I Automobiles. Category II Automobiles with a weight/power ratio higher than 3 kg/hp."
There are 23 Grade Six circuits in 18 different nations. Grade Six is split into three different parts, Grade 6A for all classes of Autocross vehicles, Grade 6R for all classes of Rallycross vehicles and Grade 6G for all classes of Ice Racing vehicles.
|Auto Klub Přerov||Czechia||Autocross||1.000km/0.621mi|
|Autocross Nová Paka||Czechia||Autocross||0.930km/0.578mi|
|Autódromo Ciudad de Rosario||Argentina||Rallycross||1.021km/0.634mi|
|Biķernieku Kompleksā Sporta Bāze||Latvia||Rallycross||1.294km/0.804mi|
|Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya||Spain||Rallycross||1.137km/0.706mi|
|Circuit de Lohéac||France||Rallycross||1.150km/0.714mi|
|Circuit des ducs Essay||France||Rallycross||1.012km/0.629mi|
|Circuit Jules Tacheny Mettet||Belgium||Rallycross||1.031km/0.640mi|
|Circuit of the Americas||United States||Rallycross||0.806km/0.501mi|
|Circuit Saint Georges de Montaigu||France||Autocross||0.919km/0.571mi|
|Killarney Motor Racing Complex||South Africa||Rallycross||1.060km/0.658mi|
|Maggiora Offroad Arena||Italy||Rallycross||1.016km/0.631mi|
|Matschenberg Offroad Arena||Germany||Autocross||0.820km/0.509mi|
|Nyirád Motorsport Centrum||Hungary||Rallycross||1.290km/0.801mi|
|Pista Automóvel de Montalegre||Portugal||Rallycross||0.945km/0.587mi|
|Seelow Autocross Circuit||Germany||Autocross||0.810km/0.503mi|
|Silverstone Circuit||United Kingdom||Rallycross||0.972km/0.604mi|
- Circuit de Monaco's Grade 1 licence expired 26 May 2020. It did not feature on the 2020 Formula One World Championship calendar due to the COVID-19 pandemic but is expected to return in 2021 which will require the licence to be renewed.
- Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps's Grade 1 licence appeared to expire 22 August 2019. It is scheduled to be used for the Belgian Grand Prix on 30 August 2020 which will require the licence to be renewed.
- Circuit Gilles Villeneuve's Grade 1 licence expired 12 June 2020. It did not feature on the 2020 Formula One World Championship calendar due to the COVID-19 pandemic but is expected to return in 2021 which will require the licence to be renewed.
- As of 10 August 2020 , Zandvoort is yet to receive it's Grade 1 licence, however the circuit has been constructed to meet Grade 1 requirements and is expected to feature on the 2021 Formula One World Championship calendar.
- As of 10 August 2020  , Hanoi is yet to receive it's Grade 1 licence, however the circuit has been constructed to meet Grade 1 requirements and is expected to feature on the 2021 Formula One World Championship calendar.
- The FIA lists the length of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway's Road Course at 4.192km/2.607mi based on the Formula One Grand Prix layout used between 2000 and 2007.
- As of 10 August 2020 , the Kymi Ring has not obtained any licence, however the circuit has been constructed to meet Grade 1 requirements.
- Losail International Circuit's Grade 1 licence expired 15 October 2018
- Marina Bay Street Circuit's Grade 1 licence expired 25 September 2019
- Red Bull Ring's Grade 1 licence expired 2 November 2019
- Shanghai International Circuit's Grade 1 licence expired 21 March 2020. It did not feature on the 2020 Formula One World Championship calendar due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Should it return in 2021, it will require the licence to be renewed.
- Autodrom Most's Grade 2 licence expired 8 April 2020.
- Autódromo Termas de Río Hondo's Grade 2 licence expired 17 July 2019.
- "List of FIA licensed circuits (2017)". Federation Internationale de l'Automobile. Retrieved 17 April 2018.
- "List of FIA licensed circuits (2018)". Federation Internationale de l'Automobile. Retrieved 17 April 2018.
- "List of FIA licensed circuits (2018 update)". Federation Internationale de l'Automobile. Retrieved 25 April 2018.
- "List of FIA licensed circuits (2018 update 2)". Federation Internationale de l'Automobile. Retrieved 9 November 2018.
- "List of FIA licensed circuits (2019)". Federation Internationale de l'Automobile. 14 October 2019.
- "List of FIA licensed circuits (March 2020)" (PDF). Federation Internationale de l'Automobile. 2 March 2020.
- "List of FIA licensed circuits (June 2020)" (PDF). Federation Internationale de l'Automobile. 29 June 2020.
- "Appendix O - Procedures for the Recognition of Motor Racing Circuits 2019" (PDF). Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile. 2019-12-04. Retrieved 2020-07-25.
- "The FIA FAQ on Formula One World Championship". Atlas F1. 2001. Retrieved 2020-07-25.
- Day, Aron (26 February 2020). "Hanoi Street Circuit ready for Vietnam Grand Prix". Formula Spy.