This is a list of monarchs who lost their thrones in the 13th century.
- Rudolph I of Germany, Holy Roman King, Duke of Austria 1278–1282, then gave the duchy to Albert I and Rudolf II, died 1291.
- Talabuga, Khan of the Blue Horde 1287–1291, dethroned.
- Stjepan Kulinić, Bosnian Ban in 1204–1232, deposed, died 1236.
- Boril, Emperor of Bulgaria 1207 to 1218, deposed and blinded 1218.
- Kaliman II, Emperor of Bulgaria 1256, forced to flee the capital, murdered 1256.
- Mitso Asen, Emperor of Bulgaria 1256 to 1257, lost power 1257, died 1277/1278.
- Michael Asen II, Emperor of Bulgaria 1277 to 1279, lost power and captured by the Byzantines.
- Ivan Asen III, Emperor of Bulgaria 1279–1280, deposed, died in exile in 1303.
- Ivaylo, Emperor of Bulgaria 1277 to 1280, lost power, murdered 1281.
- George I Terter, Emperor of Bulgaria 1280–1292, abdicated 1292, died in 1308/1309.
- Ivan II, Emperor of Bulgaria 1298 to 1299, deposed, died in exile before 1330.
- an-Nasir Nasir-ad-Din Muhammad, Mameluke sultan of Egypt 1293–1295, 1299–1309 and 1309–1340.
- Theodore Komnenos Doukas, Despot of Epirus 1215–1230, died c. 1253.
- Talabuga Khan of the Golden Horde 1287–1291, dethroned.
- Tekuder, Ilkhan 1282–1284, deposed and executed.
- Emperor Tsuchimikado, Emperor of Japan 1198–1210, abdicated 1210, died 1231.
- Emperor Juntoku, Emperor of Japan 1210–1221, abdicated 1221, died 1242.
- Emperor Chūkyō, Emperor of Japan 1221, deposed 1221, died 1234.
- Emperor Go-Horikawa, Emperor of Japan 1221–1232, abdicated 1232, died 1234.
- Emperor Go-Saga, Emperor of Japan 1242–1246, abdicated 1246, died 1272.
- Emperor Go-Fukakusa, Emperor of Japan 1246–1260, abdicated 1260, died 1304.
- Emperor Kameyama, Emperor of Japan 1260–1274, abdicated 1274, died 1305.
- Emperor Go-Uda, Emperor of Japan 1274–1287, abdicated 1287, died 1324.
- Emperor Fushimi, Emperor of Japan 1287–1298, abdicated 1298, died 1317.
- Baldwin II of Courtenay, emperor of the Latin empire 1228–1261, deposed.
- Simon II, Duke of Lorraine, Duke of Lorraine 1176–1205, in 1205 he retired to a monastery, died 1207.
- Henry II of Nassau, Count of Nassau 1198–1249, ceased to reign 1249, died 1251.
- Berthold I of Neuenburg-Strassberg, ruler of Neuenburg-Strassberg 1225–1270, died 1273.
- John, King of Scots, deposed 1296.
- Matej Ninoslav, Prince of Split, deposed, 1244.
- Theodore Komnenos Doukas, Emperor of Thessalonica 1224 to 1230, died c. 1253.
- Georgios Komnenos, Emperor 1266 to 1280, died after 1284
See also edit
- List of monarchs who abdicated
- List of monarchs who lost their thrones in the 19th century
- List of monarchs who lost their thrones in the 18th century
- List of monarchs who lost their thrones in the 17th century
- List of monarchs who lost their thrones in the 16th century
- List of monarchs who lost their thrones in the 15th century
- List of monarchs who lost their thrones in the 14th century
- List of monarchs who lost their thrones before the 13th century