List of members of the 12th House of Commons of Northern Ireland
This is a list of Members of Parliament elected in the 1969 Northern Ireland general election.
- November 1969: Thomas Gormley resigned from the Nationalist Party to sit as an Independent Nationalist.
- 19 March 1970: Desmond Boal, William Craig, Norman Laird, John McQuade and Harry West expelled from the Ulster Unionist parliamentary party.
- 16 April 1970: Ian Paisley and William Beattie of the Protestant Unionist Party were elected in Bannside and South Antrim to replace Terence O'Neill and Richard Ferguson respectively.
- 21 August 1970: Ivan Cooper, Austin Currie, Paddy Devlin, Gerry Fitt, John Hume and Paddy O'Hanlon found the Social Democratic and Labour Party.
- September 1970: Lloyd Hall-Thompson joins the Ulster Unionist Party
- 12 November 1970: John Dunn Laird of the Ulster Unionist Party was elected in Belfast St Anne's to replace his father, Norman Laird.
- March 1971: Harry West re-admitted to the Ulster Unionist parliamentary party; Anne Dickson resigns from the Ulster Unionist Party.
- 30 October 1971: William Beattie, Desmond Boal, Ian Paisley and John McQuade founded the Democratic Unionist Party.
- 27 January 1972: John Laird and Robert James Mitchell expelled from the Ulster Unionist Party.
- 9 February 1972: William Craig founded the Ulster Vanguard movement.
- 1972: Thomas Columba Gormley, Robert Dodd McConnell, Phelim O'Neill and Robert Wilson Porter joined the Alliance Party of Northern Ireland.
- 10 October 1972: Robert Simpson resigned from the Ulster Unionist Party.