List of law enforcement agencies in Nevada
According to the US Bureau of Justice Statistics' 2008 Census of State and Local Law Enforcement Agencies, the state had 76 law enforcement agencies employing 6,643 sworn police officers, about 254 for each 100,000 residents.
Law enforcement in NevadaEdit
The State of Nevada Peace Officers' Standards and Training Commission is responsible to:
- provide for and encourage the training and education of persons whose primary duty is law enforcement to ensure the safety of the residents of and visitors to this state.
- Shall adopt regulations establishing minimum standards for the certification and decertification, recruitment, selection and training of peace officers.
Within Nevada, Peace Officers are grouped into one of three classes, Category I, Category II, or Category III:
- Category I peace officers include traditional law enforcement officers such as Police Officers, Deputy Sheriffs, Deputy Marshals, Parole & Probation Officers, and State Troopers of the Nevada Highway Patrol. The Category I peace officer training is a minimum of 720 hours.
- Category II peace officers are specialists and include officers such as Taxicab Authority Officers, Gaming Control Agents, and Constables. The Category II training is a minimum of 330 hours.
- Category III peace officers are those officers assigned solely to State Corrections & City/County Detention. The Category III training is a minimum of 6 weeks.
- Nevada Department of Agricultural
- Nevada Department of Conservation and Natural Resources
- Nevada Department of Corrections
- Nevada Department of Public Safety
- Nevada Department of Wildlife
- Nevada Gaming Control Board
- Nevada Taxicab Authority
- Carson City Sheriff's Office
- Churchill County Sheriff's Office
- Clark County Constable
- Clark County Marshals Division
- Clark County Park Police
- Douglas County Sheriff's Department
- Elko County Sheriff's Office
- Esmeralda County Sheriff's Office
- Eureka County Sheriff's Office
- Humboldt County Sheriff's Office 
- Mineral County Sheriff's Office
- Lander County Sheriff's Office
- Lincoln County Sheriff's Office
- Lyon County Sheriff's Office
- Nye County Sheriff's Office 
- Pershing County Sheriff's Office
- Storey County Sheriff's Office
- Washoe County Sheriff's Office
- White Pine Sheriff's Department
- Clark County School District Police Department
- College of Southern Nevada Police Department
- Truckee Meadows Community College Police Department
- University Medical Center of Southern Nevada Department of Public Safety
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas Police Services
- University of Nevada, Reno Police Department
- Washoe County School District Police Department
Joint jurisdiction/city-county agenciesEdit
- Boulder City Police Department
- Carlin Police Department
- Elko Police Department
- Ely Police Department
- Fallon Police Department
- Henderson Police Department
- City of Las Vegas Court Marshals
- City of Las Vegas Department of Public Safety
- City of Las Vegas Deputy City Marshals
- Lovelock Police Department
- Mesquite Constable
- Mesquite Police Department
- North Las Vegas Constable
- North Las Vegas Police Department
- Reno Police Department
- Sparks Police Department
- West Wendover Police Department
- Winnemucca Police Department 
- Yerington Police Department
- Boulder Township Constable
- Bunkerville Township Constable
- Goodsprings Township Constable
- Henderson Township Constable
- Laughlin Township Constable
- Las Vegas Constable
- Mesquite Township Constable
- Moapa Township Constable
- Moapa Valley Township Constable
- North Las Vegas Township Constable
- Searchlight Township Constable
- 2008 Census of State and Local Law Enforcement Agencies, by Brian A Reaves, US Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Bureau of Justice Statistics, July 2011
- "Nevada Taxicab Authority Cops Part Police, Part Regulators". Police One. Retrieved 20 July 2019.
- Sonner, Scott (12 March 2015). "Rural Nevada sheriff defends I-80 cash confiscations". The Associated Press. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- Torres, Richardo (29 March 2015). "Pahrump deputy arrested after police say he pointed gun at wife". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- NLV armed robbery leads to officer-involved shooting; by Ricardo Torres, 6 September 2014, Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Miller, Carlos (19 March 2015). "Nevada Deputy Who Made National News Last Year for Abusing Forfeiture Law Arrested on Felony Gun Charge". Photography is not a Crime. Retrieved 20 March 2015.
- "Constable". Clark County, Nevada. Retrieved June 22, 2012.
- Wells Tribal Law Enforcement
- Pyramid Lake Tribal Police Wadsworth Sub Station
- "Tribal Police". Reno-Sparks Indian Colony. Retrieved 20 July 2019.