List of knitting stitches
- Elongated stitch
- Plaited stitch, also known as a twisted stitch (k tbl, p tbl)
- Slip stitch, may be knit or purl stitch (sl, sl st)
- Yarn over (yo)
- Dip stitch which can be either
- A raised increase, knitting into row below (k-b, k 1 b)
- A lifted increase, knitting into the yarn between the stitches (inc, m1)
- Knit front and back (kfb)
- Purl front and back (, pass slipped stitch over (S1, K1, PSSO) for a left-leaning decrease.
- Knit two together through the back loops (K2tog tbl) for a left-leaning decrease.
Knit and purlEdit
Eyelet and laceEdit
Cable and twistEdit
Slipped stitch patternsEdit
- Crossed stitch
- Herringbone stitch
- Linen stitch is a pattern that creates a tightly knit fabric that resembles woven linen. Tailored garments are especially suited for the linen stitch. It is a durable stitch, and is often used to reinforce the heels of hand-knitted socks. It includes knit and purl stitches, as well as slipped stitches.
- Loop stitch
- Vasquez, Johnny (June 26, 2012). "The Uneven Rib Stitch". New Stitch a Day. Retrieved April 1, 2019.
- Vasquez, Johnny (April 20, 2015). "The Mistake Rib Stitch". New Stitch a Day. Retrieved April 1, 2019.
- Vasquez, Johnny (October 24, 2011). "The Farrow Rib Stitch". New Stitch a Day. Retrieved April 1, 2019.
- Lyons, Elaine. "Raspberries". Knitting Fool. Retrieved April 1, 2019.
- Vasquez, Johnny (September 18, 2012). "The Small Quilted Cross Stitch". New Stitch a Day. Retrieved April 1, 2019.
- Vasquez, Johnny (February 22, 2011). "How to Knit The Horizontal Herringbone Stitch". New Stitch a Day. Retrieved April 1, 2019.
- Virginia Colton, ed. (1979). Reader's Digest Complete Guide to Needlework. Montreal: The Reader's Digest Association Canada. pp. 301. ISBN 0888500858.
- Vasquez, Johnny (April 3, 2012). "The Loop Stitch". New Stitch a Day. Retrieved April 1, 2019.
- Collection of Knitting Stitches at eKnitting Stitches
- List of knitting stitches
- Different types and classification of stitches
- Knitting Video Stictionary at New Stitch a Day
- Craft Cookie list of Knitting Stitches
- List of Knitting Stitch Patterns at Knitting on the Net
- Knitting Fool Stitch List including more than 2,400 stitch patterns, arranged alphabetically
- Knitting Bee Knitting Stitch Library