List of killings by law enforcement officers in the United States, April 2021
This is a list of people reported killed by non-military law enforcement officers in the United States in April 2021, whether in the line of duty or not, and regardless of reason or method. The listing documents the occurrence of a death, making no implications regarding wrongdoing or justification on the part of the person killed or officer involved. Killings are arranged by date of the incident that caused death. Different death dates, if known, are noted in the description.
The table below lists 71 people. (This number should update automatically when changes are saved.)
|Date||Name (age) of deceased||Race||State (city)||Description|
|2021-04-30||Terrance Maurice Parker (36)||Black||Washington, D.C.||Police were called to an apartment for a domestic dispute. Bodycam video showed Parker seated on a bed with a phone in his left hand, and the officer asked, "Sir, what do you have there?" Parker removed a gun from his right pocket and pointed it in the air, and police shot him three times. A gun was recovered from the scene.|
|2021-04-27||Carlos Lopez-Melendez (50)||Hispanic||California (Fullerton)||A man suspected in a series of drive-by shootings in Los Angeles that killed two people and wounded a third was killed after a standoff with police in Fullerton.|
|2021-04-24||Richard Solitro (34)||White||California (Los Angeles)||Solitro was wearing body armor when he was shot and killed by police.|
|2021-04-24||Benjamin Ridley (29)||White||Oklahoma (Webbers Falls)||Police officers were attempting to arrest Ridley for outstanding warrants. They shot and killed him, claiming he was armed with a handgun.|
|2021-04-24||Marvin Veiga (32)||Black||Tennessee (Nashville)||A Nashville officer shot and killed a man who charged at the officer with butcher knives in the city's Bordeaux neighborhood.|
|2021-04-23||Tory Casey (41)||Black||Texas (Rosenberg)||Casey had a history of mental illness and started shooting into the air and threatening customers at a laundromat. When officers arrived, Casey refused to put down his gun, and was shot and killed.|
|2021-04-23||Edward Robbesom (52)||Unknown||Arizona (Casa Grande)||Police responded to a report of a shooting and found Robbesom standing in the street holding a gun, over a woman he had allegedly just shot in the chest. Police say Robbesom refused to drop his gun and was shot dead.|
|2021-04-23||Michael Lee McClure (26)||White||Montana (Billings)||Police in Laurel, Montana were called to investigate a suspicious couple and were led on a pursuit for several miles which resulted in the driver crashing in a residential cul-de-sac in Billings. One suspect was apprehended during the foot pursuit but the other was able to barricade himself in a home. After an hours-long standoff, police moved to apprehend the suspect, but the suspect (armed with a handgun) was killed in an exchange of gunfire with police.|
|2021-04-21||Steven John Olson (59)||White||California (Escondido)||Escondido police officers responded to a call of a man hitting cars with a metal object near the intersection of 2nd Ave and Broadway. In a critical incident debriefing, Escondido Police Chief Ed Varso provided more details on the incident; "The male immediately advanced on the officer while holding the same metal tool in a threatening manner. The officer gave multiple commands to drop the tool as well as several use-of-force warnings. The male continued to advance on the officer who was backing away and he was ultimately shot." The suspect was transferred to a local hospital and later pronounced dead.|
|2021-04-21||Andrew Brown Jr. (42)||Black||North Carolina (Elizabeth City)||Brown was shot and killed by a North Carolina deputy executing a search warrant. A district attorney who viewed the bodycam video made a statement before a judge saying Brown backed up his car and made contact with a police officer, and then drove forward and made contact with another police officer. He said police, "shouted commands and tried to open the car before any shots were fired".|
|2021-04-21||Phet Gouvonvong (31)||Black||Massachusetts (Worcester)||Gouvonvong called 911 and claimed to have a rifle and a bomb. Police tried to negotiate with Gouvonvong, who appeared heavily armed and was carrying what looked like an assault rifle. Gouvonvong was shot after he became agitated and made "furtive" movements toward police. Fake explosives and a handgun were found on Gouvonvong.|
|2021-04-20||Ma'Khia Bryant (16)||Black||Ohio (Columbus)||Bryant was shot by a Columbus Division of Police officer after police received a call about an attempted stabbing. Video showed Bryant shot as she was lunging at another, fleeing individual while holding a knife, and showed the officer repeatedly yell "get down" before firing.|
|2021-04-20||Brian Deleon (37)||Hispanic||Texas (San Antonio)||Deleon shot and killed Bobby Borrego. Police were called to the scene where they shot and killed Deleon.|
|2021-04-20||Terry Wayne Bishop (28)||White||Texas (San Antonio)||Bishop, who police claim was carrying a gun on a San Antonio bus, was shot and killed by VIA Transit police officers. There were between four and six other passengers on the bus at the time, but no one else was injured.|
|2021-04-19||Mario Gonzalez (26)||Hispanic||California (Alameda)||Gonzalez was in a park with two Walgreens baskets. He calmly spoke with the officers before they asked him to produce his name and identification. Gonzalez did not produce an ID, and an officer stated, "Please put your hand behind your back ... please stop resisting us." The officers pushed Gonzalez onto the ground into wood chips, placing a knee on his back and leaving it there for four minutes as Gonzalez gasped for air. Gonzalez lost consciousness, at which point the officers rolled him over, performed CPR, and delivered Narcan. He was pronounced dead later at the hospital.|
|2021-04-19||Antonio Cantu (52)||Hispanic||Texas (Aransas Pass)||Police were sent to investigate reports of a suspicious man acting erratically. According to police, Cantu started fighting with officers and was detained in an officer's vehicle. Cantu got out of the police vehicle, took out a gun, and shot at officers. Officers returned fire and killed Cantu.|
|2021-04-19||Doward Sylleen Baker (39)||Black||Alabama (Dothan)||The incident started when police pulled Baker's vehicle over for not having a license plate displayed. Baker attempted to exit his car and flee the scene. He attempted to shoot at police and was tasered before he was fatally shot.|
|2021-04-19||Unknown (27)||Unknown||Michigan (Detroit)||Police shot and killed a man who drove through a crime scene. Officers claim the man was firing shots from his vehicle. Police have released dash cam footage of the shooting.|
|2021-04-19||Edgar Luis Tirado Jr. (28)||White||Texas (Dallas)||Officers shot Edgar Luis Tirado as he brandished a replica firearm. Police claim this replica had been used in a series of robberies that day. Tirado had been diagnosed with bipolar disorder in his 20's. At the time of the shooting, his parents were attempting to get him admitted to a long-term mental health facility, but were finding it very difficult due to Tirado being homeless and therefore having no fixed address. Edgar was a veteran of the US Air Force. Police have released helicopter footage recorded prior to Tirado's death.|
|2021-04-18||Bradley Michael Olsen (30)||White||Minnesota (Burnsville)||At about 3 p.m., a man was killed in an exchange of gunfire with police officers in the Minneapolis suburb of Burnsville. Police were in pursuit of the man for an alleged string of carjackings and shot the man during a standoff and gunfight on a highway.|
|2021-04-18||Ryan Oneal Williams (31)||Black||Texas (Fort Worth)||Police shot and killed a man who was suspected of carjacking. Bodycam video showed that Williams ignored multiple warnings to put down his gun, and was shot when he aimed his gun at the officer.|
|2021-04-17||Larry Jenkins (52)||Black||Florida (Winter Haven)||Police were called to Jenkins' apartment after he fired a gun. Police told Jenkins to show his hands but he refused, and police fired tasers twice at Jenkins after seeing his hand on a gun in his pocket. Police shot Jenkins with a rifle when he pulled the handgun from his pocket.|
|2021-04-17||Matthew Harry (26)||Asian||California (Hayward)||According to the Alameda County Sheriff's Office, a man with a loaded gun was shot and killed by deputies. Matthew was on parole and homeless at the time of the shooting.|
|2021-04-16||Robert Douglas Delgado (46)||Unknown||Oregon (Portland)||Delgado was waving a gun in a public park, and did not comply with police to drop his gun. He was shot from a distance of 90 ft (27 m). The gun was discovered to be a replica.|
|2021-04-16||Sammie Joe Barbosa (33)||Hispanic||Texas (San Antonio)||During a traffic stop, two men were shot and killed by an officer after the driver fired at the officer. A third passenger, a 22-year-old woman, was shot in the torso and subsequently taken to the hospital.|
|Alex Anthony Garcia (25)|
|2021-04-15||Innes Lee, Jr. (25)||Black||Ohio (Cleveland)||Lee was wanted on a murder warrant. Bodycam video shows the officer chase Lee into a backyard and tell him not to reach into his pockets. Lee struggles with the officer, and is shot when he is seen holding a gun. A gun was located on the ground near Lee.|
|2021-04-15||Joe Gomez (46)||Hispanic||Texas (San Antonio)||Police shot and killed Gomez who, officers claim, began firing indiscriminately at people outside San Antonio International Airport in Texas. No one except Gomez was harmed. Gomez was known to have a history of mental illness.|
|2021-04-15||Jeffrey Guy Sacks Jr. (26)||White||Florida (North Lauderdale)||Sacks was seen walking into a budget clothes store with a knife. Customers inside the store called 911, saying Sacks had used the knife to cut himself. When police arrived, Sacks exited the store. Officers claim Sacks was threatening to further hurt himself and the attending police deputy. Still holding the knife, Sacks approached the Deputy, who shot and killed him. Sacks was diagnosed at 15-years-old with schizoaffective disorder. A video shot by a witness has been turned over to investigators.|
|2021-04-14||Lindani Myeni (29)||Black||Hawaii (Honolulu)||The occupants of a home called 911 after Myeni entered their home, sat down, and took off his shoes. When police arrived, bodycam video showed Myeni in his car near the home. He then got out of his car and walked toward an officer, while a second office ordered Myeni to get on the ground. Myeni did not comply and charged at the first officer. Two officers tried to get Myeni off the first officer and deployed a Taser, which was not effective. Police then fired guns at Myeni. Myeni, who was from South Africa, was dressed in traditional Zulu clothing, and his wife believes he may have mistook the house for a nearby temple.|
|2021-04-14||Marcelo Garcia (46)||Hispanic||Texas (Houston)||A man in a mental health crisis and holding a knife was killed after being shocked with a Taser and then shot several times by a Harris County Sheriff's Office deputy.|
|2021-04-14||Jacob Wood (28)||White||Maine (Mars Hill)||Wood was shot and killed by deputy Isaac Ward.|
|2021-04-13||Peyton Ham (16)||White||Maryland (Leonard Town)||A Maryland State Police trooper fatally shot Ham after responding to reports of an armed man.|
|2021-04-12||Matthew Zadok Williams (35)||Black||Georgia (Decatur)||Police had been called to Williams' condominium unit, where they encountered him holding a knife. Bodycam video showed Williams' repeatedly instructed to drop his knife and being shot while chasing an officer.|
|2021-04-12||Miles Jackson (27)||Black||Ohio (Columbus)||Jackson was in the emergency room at St. Ann's Hospital in Westerville, Ohio, when officers attempted to search him "in preparation for a custody exchange over warrants he had out for his arrest". When one officer felt a gun in Jackson's waistband, video showed Jackson struggle with the two officers, and Jackson and an officer fell to the floor. While one officer tried to pull Jackson's hand from his waistband, the second officer fired a stun gun at Jackson. Jackson then fired his gun, and one officer returned fire before both officers took cover. Officers "shouted for minutes at Jackson...to raise his hands and put them on his head", and a stun gun was deployed a second time. When Jackson fired his gun again, police returned fire.|
|2021-04-12||Pier Alexander Shelton (28)||Black||Georgia (Bremen)||Shelton and his cousin refused to stop their car for police, and during the chase shots were fired at police, wounding three. After the car crashed, they continued to shoot at police and Shelton was shot and killed.|
|2021-04-12||Anthony Thompson, Jr. (17)||Black||Tennessee (Knoxville)||Police responded to Austin-East Magnet High School for a domestic abuse investigation involving Thompson, and located him in a bathroom. Bodycam video showed officers attempting to handcuff Thompson when a handgun Thompson was holding in his pocket discharged. Police then shot and killed him.|
|2021-04-11||Daunte Wright (20)||Black||Minnesota (Brooklyn Center)||In a suburb of Minneapolis, an officer with the Brooklyn Center police department pulled Daunte Wright over during a traffic stop. Wright had an outstanding warrant and fled when officers attempted an arrest. He was shot by an officer while getting back into his car. Wright drove several blocks before crashing into another vehicle. He was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash.|
|2021-04-10||Rescue Eram (31)||Pacific Islander||Texas (San Marcos)||According to police, officers shot and killed a man after he charged at them with an object that looked similar to a knife or other object. Rescue was born and grew up in Guam.|
|2021-04-10||Faustin Guetigo (27)||Black||Illinois (Rockford)||Guetigo's wife called police after being assaulted by him. According to police bodycam, an officer found Guetigo outside his home and tried to place him in custody, which he resisted. After a struggle, Guetigo ran inside the home. Police entered the home, and Guetigo walked up the basement stairs holding an object later identified as a metal pipe. Police instructed Guetigo to show his hands and drop the object, before firing several times. An officer was knocked unconscious by the pipe. Guetigo died in the hospital.|
|2021-04-10||Joshua Mitchell (30)||Unknown||Louisiana (Metairie)||According to police, Mitchell was shot and killed by Jefferson Parish Sheriff's deputies after he pointed a gun at them.|
|2021-04-10||Guillermo Amezcua (48)||Unknown||California (San Fernando)||According to police, a man was shot and killed by police after he opened fire on them.|
|2021-04-09||DeShund Tanner (31)||Black||Kentucky (Georgetown)||Tanner was in a shopping center allegedly attempting to break into cars, and fled on foot when police arrived. He twice tried to carjack a vehicle while fleeing, and was shot when he allegedly brandished a gun.|
|2021-04-09||Douglas C. Barton (50)||White||Ohio (Bethel Township)||According to the US Marshals, Barton was shot and killed by Marshals after he fired a weapon at them.|
|2021-04-09||Gabriel Munoz Jr. (40)||Unknown||California (Whitewater)||According to police, a Riverside County Sheriff's Department deputy shot and killed a man after he charged with a tire iron.|
|2021-04-08||Raheem Reeder (28)||Unknown||Florida (Tallahassee)||A Tallahassee Police officer shot and killed a man who allegedly raised a gun toward the officer.|
|2021-04-07||James Alexander (24)||Black||Pennsylvania (Philadelphia)||Alexander had an outstanding warrant, and was a passenger in a car stopped by police. Alexander was instructed to step out of the car, and he allegedly pulled a gun on police and started firing. He then stepped out of the car and continued firing at police. Five officers returned fire, and Alexander was pronounced dead at the hospital.|
|2021-04-07||Roger Allen (44)||Black||California (Daly City)||Allen was a passenger in a parked truck when police stopped to offer assistance with a damaged tire. Allen was shot in the chest by a Daly City police officer after allegedly pointing a fake gun at an officer's face.|
|2021-04-07||Dominique Williams (32)||Black||Maryland (Takoma Park)||An off-duty Pentagon Police officer shot and killed two men who were allegedly breaking into a vehicle, during which he claims they attempted to run him over. Both men were shot in the back, and security camera video shows the officer firing at the vehicle after it had already passed him. The officer was charged with two counts of second-degree murder, as well as second-degree attempted murder of the vehicle's owner.|
|James Lionel Johnson (38)|
|2021-04-06||Devin Wyteagle Kuykendall (26)||Unknown||California (Redding)||According to police, a man carrying a rifle was shot and killed by police after a car chase.|
|2021-04-06||Stephanie Nicole Voikin (40)||White||Florida (Miami)||According to the Miami-Dade Police Department, a woman was shot and killed after opening fire on officers evicting her from her apartment.|
|2021-04-06||Tyler R. Green (23)||White||New York (Oneonta)||Green was shot twice in the chest and killed by officer Ralph Pajerski after threatening a woman and a child with a knife. Green was a veteran of the Army National Guard.|
|2021-04-06||Fantahun Girma Woldesenbet (38)||Black||Maryland (Frederick)||A United States Navy hospital corpsman shot and injured two people in Frederick before driving to and breaching the gate at Fort Detrick, where fort police shot and killed him.|
|2021-04-05||Iremamber Sykap (16)||Pacific Islander||Hawaii (Honolulu)||Sykap was shot five times and killed by police after he drove a stolen car in a chase into a canal.|
|2021-04-05||Roy Jackel Jr. (41)||White||New Jersey (Buena Vista)||According to New Jersey Attorney General Gurbir Grewal, Jackel was involved in a car crash, then stole a police cruiser from a responding officer, ensuing in a chase and "encounter" in which the officer shot and killed him.|
|2021-04-05||Silas Lambert (25)||Unknown||Oklahoma (Anadarko)||Lambert was shot and killed by officers responding to an overdose patient.|
|2021-04-04||Desmon Montez Ray (28)||Black||Alabama (Birmingham)||Officers responded to a call about a domestic disturbance inside a vehicle. Officers attempted to stop Ray's vehicle but he refused, and the vehicle came to a rest after crashing into a fence. Ray exited the vehicle brandishing a gun, and an officer fired at Ray. Ray was pronounced dead at the hospital, and a handgun was recovered at the scene.|
|2021-04-03||Jeffrey Appelt (32)||White||Oregon (Corvallis)||Corvallis police shot and killed Appelt after he threatened them with a small knife and yelled "do you want to die?"|
|2021-04-03||Jose Arenas (26)||Hispanic||Arizona (Phoenix)||According to the Phoenix Police Department, Arenas was fatally shot by a police officer after pointing a gun at the officer.|
|2021-04-03||Juan Carlos Estrada (40)||Hispanic||California (Moreno Valley)||Deputies responded to a home where suspect Juan Estrada was saught in connection with kidnapping and assault with a deadly weapon. While deputies were providing orders to a man who exited the home, Estrada ran from the home with his arms extended toward authorities, holding a dark-colored object which turned out to be a water bottle. Deputies fired and struck Estrada several times and was pronounced dead at the scene.|
|2021-04-03||Samuel Yeager (23)||White||Colorado (Douglas County)||Yeager was shot and killed by Douglas County Sheriff's deputies.|
|2021-04-02||Noah Green (25)||Black||Washington, D.C.||A man from Indiana rammed his car into a barricade, killing one officer. He then pulled out a knife, and was shot by police.|
|2021-04-02||Laura Archibeque (38)||Unknown||California (Long Beach)||According to the Long Beach Police Department, a woman was shot and killed by police after pointing a rifle at them.|
|2021-04-02||Natzeryt Viertel (22)||White||Oregon (Salem)||After Salem firefighters responded to reports of a suicidal man who had injured himself, Viertel threatened them with a gun. Police then arrived and Salem police officer Clinton Sealey shot and killed Viertel, who died on the scene. Viertel's mother was present at the scene when her son was shot.|
|2021-04-02||Jackie Cameron Capps Jr.||Unknown||North Carolina (Hurdle Mills)||According to the Person County Sheriff, a man holding hostages was shot to death by a deputy.|
|2021-04-02||Angel Nelson (23)||Hispanic||California (Corona)||Nelson was shot by investigators who were surveilling him in a parking lot.|
|2021-04-01||Stephen Patrick Moseley (36)||Black||California (Fremont)||After two detectives from the Fremont Police Department trailed and approached a man with warrants, they released a K-9 and shot and killed the man after he displayed a firearm. The confrontation started when Moseley was leaving a Hyatt Hotel and tried to run away from undercover police officers. While he was bitten and held by the police dog, Moseley pointed a gun at officers while yelling 'kill me, kill me'. A video of the shooting has been released by police.|
|2021-04-01||DeShawn Tatum (25)||Black||Illinois (Rock Island)||Rock Island police saw Tatum, who was "a wanted suspect..considered armed and dangerous". When officers approached Tatum he ran "while in possession of a gun", and officials say he was shot when he tried to hijack a car.|
|2021-04-01||James Iler (47)||White||Illinois (Brighton)||A Macoupin County Sheriff's deputy shot twice and killed Iler after he charged with a knife. Iler called the police from his home, very upset. Officers were dispatched to his house and spent 50 minutes talking to Iler. They shot him when he appeared to charge at them with a knife.|
|2021-04-01||Steven Ross Glass (35)||White||Colorado (Lakewood)||Glass was shot and killed by SWAT after firing a toy airsoft gun at police.|
- Death in custody § United States
- Henry A. Wallace Police Crime Public Database
- List of cases of police brutality
- List of killings by law enforcement officers by country
- List of law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty in the United States
- List of law enforcement officers convicted for an on-duty killing in the United States
- List of police reforms related to the George Floyd protests
- Lists of killings by law enforcement officers
- Police brutality in the United States
- Police misconduct § United States
- Police riot § United States
- Police use of deadly force in the United States
- Austermuhle, Martin (May 3, 2021). "D.C. Police Release Body-Camera Footage Of Fatal Shooting Of Man In Apartment". Dcist.
- Dazio, Stefanie (27 April 2021). "Suspect in deadly LA shooting rampage shot, killed by police". Associated Press. Retrieved 28 April 2021.
- "Man donned body armor, was killed by LAPD. It wasn't the first time he was shot by police". Los Angeles Times. 26 April 2021. Retrieved 29 April 2021.
- "Webbers Falls police shoot and kill man wanted on outstanding warrants". Fox 23 News. 24 April 2021. Retrieved 29 April 2021.
- Alund, Natalie Neysa. "Nashville officer fatally shoots man armed with butcher knives in Bordeaux, police say". The Tennessean.
- "Man shot, killed by Nashville police was suspect in Massachusetts homicide, police say". Nashville Tennessean.
- "Gun-wielding man shot to death by Rosenberg police suffered from mental illness, fiancée says". ABC13. 26 April 2021. Retrieved 29 April 2021.
- "Casa Grande police ID officer, man he fatally shot Friday". azcentral. 25 April 2021. Retrieved 29 April 2021.
- "Law enforcement details deadly 9-hour standoff in Billings". KTVQ. April 25, 2021.
- Kordenbrock, Paul Hamby, Mike. "Suspect killed in police standoff identified; woman charged with deliberate homicide". The Billings Gazette.
- Thorne, Tania. "Investigation Continues In Deadly Officer-Involved Shooting In Escondido". KPBS Public Media.
- "Fatal shooting raises questions of police response to homeless". San Diego Union-Tribune. April 23, 2021.
- "Transient who was fatally shot by police in Escondido ID'd". KGTV. April 27, 2021.
- Melendez, Pilar (2021-04-21). "'Tragic Day Here': Deputy Fatally Shoots North Carolina Black Man While Serving Search Warrant". The Daily Beast. Retrieved 2021-04-24.
- Shannon, Joel (2021-04-21). "'God knows what happened': North Carolina deputy fatally shoots Black man, but police release few details". USA Today. Retrieved 2021-04-24.
- Lee, ArLuther (2021-04-21). "North Carolina deputy shoots, kills Black man while serving warrant". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved 2021-04-24.
- Finley, Ben; Drew, Jonathan (April 28, 2021). "Prosecutor says Andrew Brown Jr. hit police with car before they opened fire". CTV.
- "Worcester Police Name Officer Who Killed Man in Standoff". NBC Boston. 23 April 2021. Retrieved 29 April 2021.
- "Worcester police officer who fatally shot Phet Gouvonvong, who claimed to have bomb, identified as Paul Cy". Mass Live. 23 April 2021. Retrieved 29 April 2021.
- Montgomery, Blake; Bournea, Chris (20 April 2021). "Columbus Police Fatally Shoot Black Teen Who Called Them for Help, Aunt Says". The Daily Beast. thedailybeast.com. Retrieved 20 April 2021.
- "Man killed after South Side shootout with police identified". San Antonio Express-News. 24 April 2021. Retrieved 29 April 2021.
- "Armed bus passenger shot, killed by VIA Transit police identified, officials say". ksat.com. 27 April 2021. Retrieved 29 April 2021.
- "Police: Suspect fatally shot by VIA Transit Police after altercation on bus". KENS-5. 28 April 2021. Retrieved 29 April 2021.
- Iati, Marisa. "Body-camera video shows officer kneeling on man for five minutes before he dies". The Washington Post. Retrieved 28 April 2021.
- Diaz, Jaclyn. "Man Dies After Alameda, Calif., Police Pin Him To Ground For Several Minutes". NPR. Retrieved 28 April 2021.
- "Video of Police Killing of Mario Gonzalez Prompts Comparison to George Floyd, Call for Probe". Democracy Now. Retrieved 28 April 2021.
- Aaro, David. "California police scrutinized over Mario Gonzalez's death, bodycam footage released". Fox News. Retrieved 28 April 2021.
- Feldman, Kate. "California man died after police kneeled on his back for five minutes; officers claimed 'struggle'". New York Daily News. Retrieved 28 April 2021.
- Williams, Juliet. "'We're going to take care of you, OK': Bodycam video shows police pinning California man for more than 5 minutes before his death". USA Today. Retrieved 28 April 2021.
- Kilander, Gustaf. "Man dies after being pinned to the ground for five minutes by California police". Independent UK. Retrieved 28 April 2021.
- Ross, Jamie. "Bodycam Footage Shows California Cops Pinning Man to Ground for Five Minutes Before He Died". Daily Beast. Retrieved 28 April 2021.
- "Suspect identified in officer-involved shooting in Aransas Pass". KRIS 6 News (20 April 2021). Retrieved 29 April 2021.
- "Dothan man killed in officer-involved shooting identified". Dothan Eagle. 21 April 2021. Retrieved 29 April 2021.
- "Detroit police release dash cam video of fatal shooting after suspect drove through crime scene". Click On Detroit. Retrieved 29 April 2021.
- "Detroit police release dash cam video of fatal shooting after suspect drove through crime scene". Click On Detroit. Retrieved 29 April 2021.
- "Family Of Armed Robber Shot, Killed By Dallas Police Says Son Was Bipolar, They Had Been Trying To Get Him Help". CBS DFW. Retrieved 29 April 2021.
- "Edgar Luis Tirado's Parents Say U.S. Has 'Failed' Individuals With Mental Illness Like Their Son". News Week. 23 April 2021. Retrieved 29 April 2021.
- "Edgar Luis Tirado Jr". Digital Memorial. Retrieved 29 April 2021.
- "Dallas Police Release Chopper Video Prior To Shooting Of Armed Robbery Suspect". Times News Express. Retrieved 29 April 2021.
- Hyatt, Kim (2021-04-19). "Burnsville police exchange gunfire with carjacking suspect, who was killed". Star Tribune. Retrieved 2021-04-19.
- Belcamino, Kristi (2021-04-18). "Burnsville officers fatally shoot armed carjacking suspect, police say". Pioneer Press. Retrieved 2021-04-19.
- "Fort Worth police release body camera footage in Sunday's fatal police shooting". WFAA-TV. Retrieved 29 April 2021.
- "'I'm going to die tonight': Man shot, killed by Winter Haven police officer following domestic violence incident". WFLA 8 On Your Side. wfla.com. 18 April 2021. Retrieved 19 April 2021.
- "Fort Worth police officer fatally shoots armed man, chief says". Dallas News. Retrieved 29 April 2021.
- "Man With Loaded Gun Shot to Death by Alameda County Sheriff's Deputy". NBC Bay Area. nbcbayarea.com. 17 April 2021. Retrieved 21 April 2021.
- "Man with loaded gun shot, killed by deputies in Hayward, Alameda County Sheriff's office says". ABC 7 News. 18 April 2021. Retrieved 28 April 2021.
- Williams, Kale (17 April 2021). "Portland police identify officer who fatally shot man in Lents Park; man's ID also released". OregonLive. oregonlive.com. Retrieved 17 April 2021.
- "Man shot and killed by Portland officer had replica handgun, police say". kgw.com. Retrieved 2021-05-23.
- "Two dead, officer injured after exchanging gunfire during traffic stop in west San Antonio". KENS5. kens5.com. 16 April 2021. Retrieved 21 April 2021.
- "San Antonio police ID officer who was shot in hand during deadly West Side shooting". KSTAT.com. 16 April 2021. Retrieved 28 April 2021.
- "Passenger opened fire in shootout with San Antonio officer". Spectrum Local News. 18 April 2021. Retrieved 28 April 2021.
- Hlavaty, Kaylyn (16 April 2021). "Police bodycam shows moments Cleveland officer shot and killed armed, wanted man on E. 134th". WEWS. news5cleveland.com. Retrieved 16 April 2021.
- "Police shoot man firing indiscriminately at people outside San Antonio airport: Police". ABC News. Retrieved 29 April 2021.
- "Man fatally shot by police was 'shooting indiscriminately toward people' outside San Antonio airport, chief says". USA Today. Retrieved 29 April 2021.
- "Knife-wielding man killed by deputy was a 'tortured soul', his family says". Sun Sentinel. Retrieved 29 April 2021.
- "Deputy fatally shoots knife-wielding man in South Florida". The Peterborough Examiner. Retrieved 29 April 2021.
- Lenthang, Marlene (17 April 2021). "Police body camera footage shows fatal shooting of Black man in Honolulu". ABC News. abcnews.go.com. Retrieved 21 April 2021.
- Sinco Kelleher, Jennifer; Magome, Mogomotsi (6 June 2021). "No mass protests after Honolulu police shoot, kill Black man". Associated Press. Retrieved 18 June 2021.
- Sinco Kelleher, Jennifer (16 June 2021). "Video shows man apologized before Honolulu police shot him". Associated Press. Retrieved 18 June 2021.
- Fischer, Courtney; Shay, Miya (14 April 2021). "Deputy shoots and kills armed man in 'mental health crisis' in E Harris Co". ABC13. abc13.com. Retrieved 19 April 2021.
- Delony, Doug (14 April 2021). "'Tragic event': Deputy shoots, kills man suffering mental health crisis after he refused to drop knife, HCSO says". KHOU. khou.com. Retrieved 19 April 2021.
- Phalen Tomaselli, Kathleen (14 April 2021). "Police fatally shoot man in Mars Hill confrontation". Bangor Daily News. bangordailynews.com. Retrieved 19 April 2021.
- Sanchez, Rosa (13 April 2021). "Maryland state trooper fatally shoots 16-year-old after responding to reports of an armed man". ABC News. abcnews.go.com. Retrieved 15 April 2021.
- Boone, Christian (April 26, 2021). "Lawyer for family of DeKalb man shot by cops: 'They left him to die'". The Atlanta-Journal Constitution.
- "Fatal police shooting at Ohio hospital caught on officer bodycams". FOX59. April 20, 2021.
- Prince, Chelsea; Spink, John; Hollis, Henri (12 April 2021). "3 Georgia officers shot during high-speed chase, gunbattle". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. ajc.com. Retrieved 19 April 2021.
- Kruesi, Kimberlee (April 21, 2021). "DA: No charges against officer in Tennessee school shooting". AP.
- Klecker, Mara; Kim, Kim Hyatt (2021-04-11). "Relatives: Police in Plymouth shot man, 20, who then drove to Brooklyn Center, where he was pronounced dead". Star Tribune. Retrieved 2021-04-11.
- Belcamino, Kristi (2021-04-11). "Man dies after being shot by police in Brooklyn Center; BCA investigating". Pioneer Press. Retrieved 2021-04-11.
- Toves, Jolene (28 April 2021). "Man with Guam ties killed in Texas shooting; family launches fundraiser". The Guam Daily Post. Retrieved 28 April 2021.
- Falcon, Russell (10 April 2021). "San Marcos police fatally shoot man who walked in I-35 traffic, charged at them". KXAN. kxan.com. Retrieved 19 April 2021.
- "Police ID man shot dead after charging San Marcos Police with weapon near I-35". CBS Austin. 15 April 2021. Retrieved 20 April 2021.
- Kaur, Anumita (25 April 2021). "Family raises funds to bring home former resident killed in Texas". Pacific Daily News. Retrieved 28 April 2021.
- "Bodycam footage released in deadly Winnebago County deputy shooting". Mystateline.com. April 19, 2021.
- Vincent, Mykal (10 April 2021). "Man dead after reportedly pointing gun at deputies". FOX8 Local First. fox8live.com. Retrieved 19 April 2021.
- "Man Fatally Shot In Officer-Involved Shooting In San Fernando". CBS Los Angeles. losangeles.cbslocal.com. 11 April 2021. Retrieved 19 April 2021.
- Castro, Francisco (14 April 2021). "Family Disputes SFPD Version of Shooting Death of their Father". San Fernando Sun. Retrieved 26 July 2021.
- "KSP: 31-year-old man killed by Georgetown police during attempted carjacking". lex18.com. 9 April 2021. Retrieved 19 April 2021.
- "US Marshals identify suspect shot by police in Bethel Twp. during arrest attempt". wkbn.com. 9 April 2021. Retrieved 19 April 2021.
- Romero, Dani (12 April 2021). "Deadly deputy-involved shooting near Whitewater; I-10 closure causes massive traffic jam". KESQ News Channel 3. kesq.com. Retrieved 19 April 2021.
- "Deputy Involved Shooting". Riverside County Sheriff's Department. 26 April 2021. Retrieved 16 June 2021.
- Burlew, Jeff (9 April 2021). "Tallahassee police officer shoots and kills armed suspect after reported hostage situation". Tallahassee Democrat. tallahassee.com. Retrieved 19 April 2021.
- "Tallahassee Police Department releases bodycam video of hostage situation turned police shooting". WCTV. 14 April 2021. Retrieved 26 July 2021.
- Chang, David (7 April 2021). "Man Killed, Officer Hurt as Gunman, Cops Shoot at Each Other After Traffic Stop". NBC 10 Philadelphia. nbcphiladelphia.com. Retrieved 19 April 2021.
- Hansberry, Jamal A. (18 April 2021). "Protests erupt after police killing of San Francisco man". Yahoo News. news.yahoo.com. Retrieved 19 April 2021.
- Sgueglia, Kristina; Kallingal, Mallika; Simko-Bednarski, Evan. "Pentagon police officer charged in shooting deaths in Maryland". CNN. Retrieved 10 April 2021.
- Pastor, Kate; Stoddard, Michelle. "Off-duty Pentagon police officer charged with murder for allegedly killing 2". ABC News. Retrieved 9 April 2021.
- Arthur, Damon (6 April 2021). "UPDATE: Man killed in officer-involved shooting identified". Redding Record Searchlight. redding.com. Retrieved 19 April 2021.
- Milberg, Glenna; Selig, David (6 April 2021). "Woman shot dead by police serving eviction warrant in Miami". Local10.com. local10.com. Retrieved 19 April 2021.
- Viteri, Amy; Garcia, Annaliese; Selig, David (7 April 2021). "Woman killed by police during eviction squatted for a year without lease". Local10.com. local10.com. Retrieved 20 April 2021.
- "SECURITY FOOTAGE SHOWS EVENTS LEADING UP TO DEADLY OFFICER-INVOLVED SHOOTING IN ONEONTA". WKTV. wktv.com. 12 April 2021. Retrieved 19 April 2021.
- "Tyler Green Obituary". The Daily Star. Retrieved May 20, 2021.
- Hanna, Jason; Alonso, Melissa (6 April 2021). "Navy hospital corpsman wounded 2 in Maryland shooting before being killed at nearby Fort Detrick, officials say". CNN. cnn.com. Retrieved 6 April 2021.
- Day, Lauren (5 April 2021). "16-year-old shot dead by police after police pursue a car linked to string of crimes". KHON2. Honolulu: khon2.com. Retrieved 6 April 2021.
- "'He was just a boy': Family of the 16-year-old boy killed in an officer-involved shooting speaks out". KITV ABC4 Island News. kitv.com. 6 April 2021. Retrieved 19 April 2021.
- The Associated Press (6 April 2021). "Officer Shoots, Kills Man After He Stole Police Car, Led Officers on Chase, NJ AG Says". nbcphiladelphia.com. Retrieved 6 April 2021.
- "Obituary for Roy K. Jackel, Jr. at Farnelli Funeral Home". www.farnellifuneralhome.com.
- Scavelli, Melissa (5 April 2021). "Anadarko officer injured, suspect killed following officer-involved shooting". KTUL. ktul.com. Retrieved 19 April 2021.
- Al (5 May 2021). "Armed man fatally shot by Birmingham police who responded to domestic dispute in a vehicle". Al. al.com. Retrieved 5 May 2021.
- Williams, Kale (3 April 2021). "Video shows man with knife chasing officer before fatal police shooting in Corvallis". The Oregonian. oregonlive.com. Retrieved 6 April 2021.
- Baker, David (3 April 2021). "Armed robbery suspect shot by police inside west Phoenix restaurant has died". azfamily.com. Retrieved 6 April 2021.
- "Assault, kidnapping suspect from Corona fatally shot by deputies in Moreno Valley". The Press-Enterprise. pe.com. 4 April 2021. Retrieved 19 April 2021.
- "Video of Deadly Shooting of Kidnapping Suspect by Riverside Deputies Released". My news LA. mynewsla.com. 20 May 2021. Retrieved 21 May 2021.
- "Man shot and killed during deputy involved shooting, identified". 9news.com. 3 April 2021. Retrieved 19 April 2021.
- Date, Jack; Ordonez, Victor (April 2, 2021). "Officer dead after suspect rammed car into police at US Capitol barricade: Police". ABC News. Retrieved April 2, 2021.
- Von Quednow, Cindy (2 April 2021). "Woman armed with rifle fatally shot by police in Long Beach; man with laceration on neck found dead in home". KTLA 5. KTLA.com. Retrieved 6 April 2021.
- "Body camera footage released in fatal police shooting of woman at Long Beach home". April 16, 2021.
- Ramakrishnan, Jayati (6 April 2021). "22-year-old man identified as victim of Salem police shooting". The Oregonian. oregonlive.com. Retrieved 6 April 2021.
- "Salem mom describes son's descent into mental health crisis before fatal shooting by police". Oregon Live. 7 April 2021. Retrieved 29 April 2021.
- Shen-Berro, Julian (3 April 2021). "Person County deputy shoots to death a man holding hostages, sheriff says". The Charlotte Observer. charlotteobserver.com. Retrieved 19 April 2021.
- "Sheriff: Man killed in deputy-involved shooting after holding 3 hostage at Person County home". WRAL. 12 April 2021. Retrieved 26 July 2021.
- Habeshian, Sareen (2 April 2021). "Investigators fatally shoot man in Corona parking lot". KTLA. ktla.com. Retrieved 19 April 2021.
- Wilson, Quinn (8 April 2021). "Corona police identify man, 23, killed in police shooting". PE. pe.com. Retrieved 20 April 2021.
- Quintana, Sergio (1 April 2021). "Police Shoot, Kill Suspect in Fremont Hotel Parking Lot". NBC Bay Area. nbcbayarea.com. Retrieved 6 April 2021.
- "Fremont police release video showing dog attack, fatal police shooting of man in hotel parking lot". Mercury News. 23 April 2021. Retrieved 29 April 2021.
- "'Kill Me! Kill Me!' – Fremont Police Release Bodycam Footage Of Fatal Suspect Shooting Outside Hotel". CBS SF Bay Area (23 April 2021). Retrieved 29 April 2021.
- "Police: Suspect dead, three officers injured following Rock Island shooting". kwqc.com. 1 April 2021. Retrieved 19 April 2021.
- "Deadly officer-involved shooting in Macoupin County". foxillinois.com. 2 April 2021. Retrieved 19 April 2021.
- "One fatally shot in Brighton". The Telegraph. 2 April 2021. Retrieved 29 April 2021.
- Oravetz, Janet (1 April 2021). "Suspect fatally shot by SWAT officer after firing airsoft gun identified". 9news.com. Retrieved 19 April 2021.