List of international presidential trips made by Donald Trump
This is a list of international presidential trips made by Donald Trump, the 45th president of the United States. Donald Trump has made thirteen international trips to 21 countries (and also the West Bank) since he assumed the office of presidency on January 20, 2017. The number of visits per country where he traveled are:
- One visit to: Argentina, Canada, China, Finland, Iraq, Israel, Philippines, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Switzerland, and Vatican City.
- Two visits to: Belgium, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom, and Vietnam.
- Three visits to: France.
|1||May 20–22, 2017||Saudi Arabia||Riyadh||Met with King Salman and Muslim leaders at the Riyadh Summit. Signed a $110 billion arms deal with Saudi Arabia, and was honored with the Collar of Abdulaziz Al Saud, his first foreign order. Visited, along with First Lady Melania Trump, the National Museum of Saudi Arabia.|
|May 22–23, 2017||Israel||Jerusalem||Met with President Reuven Rivlin and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. Visited the Western Wall and the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the first sitting U.S. President to do so. Visited the Yad Vashem and delivered an address at the Israel Museum.|
|May 23, 2017||Palestinian National Authority (West Bank)||Bethlehem||Met with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas.|
|May 23–24, 2017||Italy||Rome||Met with President Sergio Mattarella and Prime Minister Paolo Gentiloni.|
|May 24, 2017||Vatican City||Vatican City||Met with Pope Francis.|
|May 24–25, 2017||Belgium||Brussels||Met with King Philippe and Prime Minister Charles Michel. Attended the 28th NATO summit and the U.S.-EU Summit Meeting, where he also met with French President Emmanuel Macron.|
|May 25–27, 2017||Italy||Taormina||Attended the 43rd G7 summit. Also held a bilateral meeting with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzō Abe.|
|2||July 5–6, 2017||Poland||Warsaw||Met with President Andrzej Duda and Croatian President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic. Attended the 2nd summit of the Three Seas Initiative. Also gave a speech in front of the Warsaw Uprising Monument in Warsaw's Krasiński Square to honor victims of the past Nazi occupation and Communist domination in Poland.|
|July 6–8, 2017||Germany||Hamburg||Attended the G-20 summit. Also held bilateral meetings with British Prime Minister Theresa May, Chinese President Xi Jinping, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Indonesian President Joko Widodo, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzō Abe, Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto, Russian President Vladimir Putin and Singaporean Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.|
|3||July 13–14, 2017||France||Paris||Met with President Emmanuel Macron. Participated in the Bastille Day celebrations marking the 100th anniversary of the Entry of the United States into World War I.|
|4||November 5–7, 2017||Japan||Kawagoe,
|Met with Emperor Akihito and Prime Minister Shinzō Abe.|
|November 7–8, 2017||South Korea||Osan,
|State visit. Met with South Korean President Moon Jae-in, and addressed the South Korean National Assembly. Also met with troops from the Eighth United States Army at Camp Humphreys.|
|November 8–10, 2017||China||Beijing||State visit. President Trump arrived in Beijing to meet with President Xi Jinping and Premier Li Keqiang.|
|November 10–12, 2017||Vietnam||Đà Nẵng,
|State visit. Met with President Trần Đại Quang, Prime Minister Nguyễn Xuân Phúc and Communist Party General Secretary Nguyễn Phú Trọng. Attended the APEC Vietnam 2017.|
|November 12–14, 2017||Philippines||Manila,
|Attended the 31st ASEAN Summit. Met with President Rodrigo Duterte.|
|5||January 25–26, 2018||Switzerland||Davos||Attended the World Economic Forum; also held bilateral meetings with British Prime Minister Theresa May and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.|
|6||June 8–9, 2018||Canada||La Malbaie||Attended the 44th G7 summit; also held bilateral meetings with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and French President Emmanuel Macron.|
|June 10–12, 2018||Singapore||Central Area,
|Attended the first summit meeting with North Korean Leader Kim Jong-un, becoming the first ever sitting US President to meet a North Korean leader. Also met with Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong. Trump made a refueling stop at an airbase in Greece on the trip to Singapore.|
|7||July 10–12, 2018||Belgium||Brussels||Attended the 29th NATO summit; also held bilateral meetings with NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg, French President Emmanuel Macron and German Chancellor Angela Merkel.|
|July 12–15, 2018||United Kingdom||London,
|Met with Queen Elizabeth II and Prime Minister Theresa May. Spent weekend at his Turnberry golf resort in Scotland.|
|July 15–16, 2018||Finland||Helsinki||Attended the summit meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin. Also met with President Sauli Niinistö.|
|8||November 9–11, 2018||France||Paris||Met with President Emmanuel Macron. Participated in the Armistice Day celebrations marking the 100th anniversary of the Armistice with Germany that brought major hostilities of World War I to an end. Visited the Suresnes American Cemetery and Memorial.|
|9||November 29 – December 1, 2018||Argentina||Buenos Aires||Attended the G-20 summit. Also held bilateral meetings with Argentinian President Mauricio Macri, Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison, Chinese President Xi Jinping, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzō Abe, South Korean President Moon Jae-in, and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.|
|10||December 26, 2018||Iraq||Al Asad Air Base||Visited with U.S. military personnel serving in Western Iraq accompanied by First Lady Melania Trump. This was the president's first trip to a U.S. combat zone.|
|December 26–27, 2018||Germany||Ramstein Air Base||Visited with United States Armed Forces serving in Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany.|
|11||February 26–28, 2019||Vietnam||Hanoi||Attended the second summit meeting with North Korean Leader Kim Jong-un. Also met with President Nguyễn Phú Trọng and Prime Minister Nguyễn Xuân Phúc. Trump made a refueling stop at an airbase in Qatar on the trip to Vietnam.|
|12||May 25–28, 2019||Japan||Tokyo||State Visit. Met with Emperor Naruhito and Prime Minister Shinzō Abe.|
|13||June 3–5, 2019||United Kingdom||London,
|State Visit. Met with Queen Elizabeth II and Prime Minister Theresa May. Laid a wreath on the Tomb of the Unknown Warrior in Westminster Abbey. Attended the 75th anniversary of D-Day commemorative ceremonies.|
|June 5–6, 2019||Ireland||Shannon,
|Met with Taoiseach Leo Varadkar. Spent one night at his International golf resort in Doonbeg.|
|June 6, 2019||France||Colleville,
|Met with President Emmanuel Macron. Attended the 75th anniversary of D-Day memorial ceremonies. Visited the Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial.|
|June 6–7, 2019||Ireland||Shannon,
|Spent another night at his International golf resort in Doonbeg.|
The following international trips are scheduled to be made by President Trump over the next several months.
|June 28–29, 2019||Japan||Osaka||Scheduled to attend the G-20 summit.|
|June 29–30, 2019||South Korea||Seoul||Will meet with President Moon Jae-in.|
|August 2019||Netherlands||Terneuzen||Will meet with King Willem-Alexander. Scheduled to attend the 75th anniversary of the Battle of the Scheldt.|
|August 25–27, 2019||France||Biarritz||Scheduled to attend the 45th G7 summit.|
|October/November 2019||Thailand||Bangkok||Planned attendance of the 2019 East Asia Summit.|
|November 16–17, 2019||Chile||Santiago||Scheduled to attend the 2019 APEC Summit.|
|December 3–4, 2019||United Kingdom||London||Scheduled to attend 30th NATO summit.|
|TBA||India||New Delhi||Planned meeting with Prime Minister Narendra Modi|
|TBA||Poland||Warsaw||Planned meeting with President Andrzej Duda.|
|TBA||Slovakia||Bratislava||Planned meeting with Prime Minister Peter Pellegrini.|
|TBA||Turkey||Ankara||Planned meeting with President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.|
The following multilateral meetings are scheduled to take place during Donald Trump's 2017–2021 term in office.
|November 30 – December 1,
|██ = Future event; ██ = Did not attend.|
^a Rex Tillerson attended in the President's place. • ^b Mike Pence attended in the President's place.
- Baker, Peter (May 4, 2017). "Trump to Visit Saudi Arabia and Israel in First Foreign Trip". The New York Times. Retrieved May 4, 2017.
- Revesz, Rachael (May 21, 2017). "Donald Trump signs $110 billion arms deal with nation he accused of masterminding 9/11". The Independent. Retrieved May 22, 2017.
- "The Latest: Trump to announce Saudi arms deal". Palm Beach Post. May 20, 2017. Archived from the original on May 20, 2017.
- Talev, Margaret; Jacobs, Jennifer (May 21, 2017). "Less Talk Is More on Trump's First Day in Saudi Arabia". Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved May 22, 2017.
- Talev, Margaret (May 22, 2017). "President Trump in Israel: Live updates". CNN. Retrieved May 22, 2017.
- Bearak, Max. "The huge contrast between Obama's and Trump's visits to Israel's Holocaust memorial". The Washington Post. Retrieved June 23, 2017.
- "President Trump meets with Abbas in Bethlehem, says 'truly hopeful' for peace deal". ABC News. May 23, 2017. Retrieved June 23, 2017.
- "La prima di Trump a Roma, incontro con il Papa, sale al Colle, poi vede Gentiloni". Ansa. Retrieved May 23, 2017.
- "Trump to visit the Vatican on first foreign trip as president". POLITICO. Retrieved May 5, 2017.
- Rucker, Philip. "Trump chastises fellow NATO members, demands they meet payment obligations". The Washington Post. Retrieved June 23, 2017.
- "Readout of President Donald J. Trump's Meetings with the King Philippe and Queen Mathilde of Belgium and Prime Minister Charles Michel of Belgium". whitehouse.gov. May 25, 2017. Retrieved June 23, 2017.
- "Trump, Macron engage in a little handshake diplomacy". May 25, 2017 – via Reuters.
- "Raw: Trump meets Polish President Duda in Warsaw". USA TODAY.
- "Trump, Croatian leader talk energy; president issues warning to Putin". Vindy.com.
- "The Latest: Trump in Poland for 16-hour stop". ABC News. July 5, 2017. Archived from the original on July 5, 2017.
- Thrush, Glenn; Davis, Julie Hirschfeld (July 6, 2017). "Trump, in Poland, Asks if West Has the 'Will to Survive'" – via www.nytimes.com.
- Buncombe, Andrew (July 8, 2017). "Donald Trump 'behaving like a dictator by leaving underqualified socialite daughter to fill in for him at G20'". The Independent. Retrieved July 8, 2017.
- Times, The New York (July 6, 2017). "Thousands Protest in Hamburg as Trump Meets With Merkel Before G-20" – via www.nytimes.com.
- (now), Tom McCarthy; (earlier), Jon Henley; Oltermann, Philip; Wolffe, Richard; Walker, Shaun; Oltermann, Philip; Asthana, Anushka (July 7, 2017). "G20: Putin denies US election interference in meeting with Trump, officials say – as it happened" – via www.theguardian.com.
- editor, Anushka Asthana Political (July 8, 2017). "Trump expects trade deal with UK to be completed 'very, very quickly'" – via www.theguardian.com.
- News, ABC. "ABC News". ABC News. Archived from the original on July 25, 2017.
- Ballhaus, Rebecca; Horobin, William (July 15, 2017). "Bastille Day Parade in Paris Enthralls President Trump" – via www.wsj.com.
- Stinson, Nicole (November 7, 2017). "US troops hailed 'Pacific victors' while Trump claims North Korea just 'HAS to work out'". Express.co.uk.
- Haas, Benjamin (November 8, 2017). "What happens next on Trump's super-sized state visit to China?" – via www.theguardian.com.
- "Inside President Trump's Trip to Asia". The White House. November 15, 2017.
- Pham, My (April 1, 2017). "Trump sends letter to Vietnam's president to promote ties". Reuters. Retrieved April 13, 2017.
- Lee-Brago, Pia; Katigbak, Jose (October 26, 2017). "Trump to skip East Asia Summit". The Philippine Star. Retrieved October 26, 2017.
- "President Trump to Davos: 'America Is Open for Business'". The White House. January 25, 2018.
- "Trump to attend elite annual gathering in Davos, Switzerland". Politico. Retrieved January 9, 2017.
- "Trump: Date and location for Kim summit 'hasn't changed'". CNN . Retrieved May 27, 2018.
- "Trump praises Theresa May after he questioned her Brexit plan in British tabloid interview". www.cbsnews.com.
- Youssef, Nancy A. (December 26, 2018). "Trump, First Lady Visit U.S. Troops in Iraq". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved December 26, 2018.
- "Trump Makes Surprise Visit to Troops in Iraq, Germany". NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth.
- Nicolle, Emily (December 31, 2018). "Donald Trump set to visit the UK for the second time in May". www.cityam.com.
- Lejeune, Tristan (December 24, 2018). "Turkish official: Trump to visit in 2019". TheHill.