List of highest railways by country
This is a list of the highest railways by country. It includes the name of the railway, its highest point and highest elevation and its opening year.
- "World's highest railway station enters key construction period". Canada Tibet Committee. July 28, 2005. Retrieved December 6, 2012.
- Bennett, Suzy (October 2003). "A train journey through the Peruvian Andes". Wanderlust. Retrieved December 6, 2012.
- "Our Train - The Highest in the World". Incas del Peru. Retrieved December 6, 2012.
- Manitou & Pike's Peak Cog Railway. "Along The Route". Pikes Peak Cog Railway. Retrieved December 6, 2012.
- Jungfraubahnen. "Jungfraujoch - Top of Europe". Jungfrau Ski Region. Retrieved December 6, 2012.
- Ride the Zugspitzbahn rack railway up Germany's highest mountain
- Insight Guides Great Railway Journeys of Europe, Spain's highest station. ["Núria is the highest station in Spain"]
- "Top 10 highest train stations in Sri Lanka". Train Journey to the Green Zone in Sri Lanka. Retrieved December 6, 2012.
- "Pattipola Railway Station of Sri Lanka". SariSara Sri Lanka. Retrieved December 6, 2012.
- Station Puchberg am Schneeberg, lower-austria.info. ["Fans of nostalgia can be transported in around 40 minutes by the Schneebergbahn to Austria's highest railway station"]
- SULMONA, AQ, ABRUZZO, magazine.dooid.it. ["At the Rivisondoli-Pescocostanzo station, the line reaches 1268 m above sea level making it the highest station on the Italian FS network after the Brenner Pass."]
- The Most Beautiful Train Journeys in Bulgaria, theculturetrip.com. ["It runs through three mountains and stops at the highest railway station in the Balkan Peninsula, Avramovo Station."]
- "Finse Railway Station Webcam – The Highest Station in Norway". Camscape. October 13, 2012. Archived from the original on October 25, 2012. Retrieved December 6, 2012.
- Korea Tourism Organization. "Chujeon Station". Visit Korea. Retrieved December 6, 2012.
- "Najwyższa linia kolejowa w Polsce - Szklarska Poręba". www.szklarskaporeba.pl. Retrieved 2021-05-24.
- Retrieved from the Google Earth geoinformation system. The highest point on the line is north of Postojna railway station, at the Postojna Gate
- "Rail network". slo-zeleznice.si. Slovenian Railways. Retrieved 30 April 2021.
Station located at the highest point above sea level: Postojna station at 582m
- Retrieved from the Swisstopo topographic map (only line in Liechtenstein)
- Retrieved from the Google Earth geoinformation system