List of disability organizations
(Redirected from List of disability rights organizations)
This is a list of disability organizations, including advocacy groups and charities that provide services to people with disabilities.
- Access for Everyone
- Achromatopsia Support Group
- Action Deaf Youth
- ADAPT (1983) – formerly American Disabled for Attendant Programs Today, campaigns for the rights of people who live with disabilles to live as equals.
- Alliance for Peace & Disability Rights (Pakistan)
- American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (AAIDD) (1876) – AAIDD are promoters for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD)(1995) – a cross-disability organization that focuses on advocacy and services.
- American Coalition of Citizens with Disabilities (ACCD) (1975) – coalition of local, state and national disability organizations.
- American Council of the Blind (ACB) – represents a diverse range of groups within the blind community.
- American Diabetes Association (ADA) (1939) – educates the public about diabetes.
- American Foundation for the Blind (1921) – primarily serves the blind population and focuses on advocacy and services.
- The Arc of the United States – A national organization serving people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- ARC Association for Real Change (1976) – supports the providers of the individuals with learning disabilities.
- Aspies For Freedom (AFF) – Raises public awareness for autism.
- Australian Federation of Disability Organizations
- Autism National Committee (AUTCOM) – American advocacy association of autistic people and their allies.
- Autism Network International (ANI) (1992) – Advocacy and self-help for autism.
- Autistic Self Advocacy Network (ASAN) (2006) – Advocacy to empower autism world wide.
- Burton Blatt Institute (BBI) – Advance the civic, economic, and social participation of persons with disabilities in a global society.
- Best Buddies Australia (BBA) – supports inclusive friendships to people who have an intellectual disability
- Best Buddies International (BBI) – create opportunities for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to make friends.
- British Columbia Aboriginal Network on Disability Society (BCANDS) - Canadian Indigenous cross disability organization
- Canadian National Institute for the Blind (CNIB) (1918) – Volunteer organization dedicated to assisting Canadians who are blind.
- Catalan Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired (1993) – Helps support blind and visually impaired in everyday life.
- Center for Independent Living (1972)
- Colorado Cross-Disability Coalition (1990) – Advocates for social justice for people with all types of disabilities (or cross-disability). CCDC is run by and for people with all types of disabilities: from Down Syndrome to Cerebral Palsy, Spina Bifida, Autism, people with brain injuries, people with mental illness, those who are blind or deaf, and much more.
- Community Alliance for the Ethical Treatment of Youth
- Community Options (1989)
- Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates
- Disability Arts Online (UK)
- Disability Rights Commission
- Disability Rights Education & Defense Fund (1979)
- Disability Rights International
- Disability Rights UK
- Disabled American Veterans
- Disabled Children's Computer Group
- Disabled in Action (1970)
- Disabled Peoples' International
- DisAbled Women's Network Canada
- Easter Seals (1916) – an international organization that provides services, education, outreach, and advocacy so that people living with autism and other disabilities can live, learn, work, and play in their communities.
- Enabling Unit – It ensures affirmative action’s concerning persons with disabilities at University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi and is a first such unit for students with disabilities in any medical institution in India.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- European Disability Forum
- European Network on Independent Living
- FAIDD (The Finnish Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities)
- Foundation for Active Rehabilitation
- Global Alliance on Accessible Technologies and Environments (GAATES).
- Global Disability Watch
- Galloway's Society for the Blind
- Humanity and Inclusion
- IDIRIYA – not-for-profit Sri Lankan NGO promoting "Accessibility at Public Buildings and Facilities" and focusing on "Accessible Tourism for All".
- Inclusion International
- Infinite Ability – a special interest group within the Medical Humanities Group of University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi, India.
- International Blind Sports Federation
- International Disability and Development Consortium (IDDC)
- International Ventilator Users Network
- Latvian Association for Support of Disabled People
- Little People of America – the national organization for people with skeletal dysplasias that result in short stature.
- March of Dimes Canada
- Mind (The National Association for Mental Health, UK)
- MindFreedom International (1990)
- Movement for the Intellectually Disabled of Singapore (MINDS)
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Narayan Seva Sansthan
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- National Association of the Deaf (1880) – an American organization that primarily serves the Deaf population and focuses on advocacy and services.
- National Autistic Society
- National Disability Rights Network
- National Disabled Women's Educational Equity Project
- National Down Syndrome Congress (1973) – a national (American) not-for-profit organization that provides individuals, families, and health care providers information and support about Down syndrome.
- National Federation of the Blind
- National Spinal Cord Injury Association
- Not Dead Yet
- Rehabilitation International
- RNIB (The Royal National Institute of Blind People)
- RNID (The Royal National Institute for Deaf People)
- Self-Advocates Becoming Empowered
- Simon de Cyrène
- Slovenian Disability Rights Association
- Society for Disability Studies
- Spastic Society of Gurgaon (2007) – Indian Organization providing care to persons with cerebral palsy, mental retardation, autism, multiple disabilities
- Special Hockey International
- Special Olympics
- Survivor Corps
- Together We Rock!
- Tourette Association of America – A national organization dedicated to the support of people living with Tourette Syndrome
- United Cerebral Palsy
- United Spinal Association, formerly the Eastern Paralyzed Veterans Association
- Validity, formerly Mental Disability Advocacy Center
- VSA International
- Women with Disabilities Feminist Collective, Australian social support organization in the 1980s
- Women Enabled International
- Workability International
- YAI, The National Institute For People With Disabilities Network (previously known as Young Adult Institute)
- Zero Project
- "ADAPT - Free Our People!". ADAPT - Free Our People!. Retrieved 2019-04-08.
- "ADAPT ONLINE MUSEUM". adaptmuseum.net. Retrieved 2019-04-08.
- "Home". aaidd.org. Retrieved 2019-04-09.
- "The American Association of People with Disabilities". www.aapd.com. Retrieved 2019-04-09.
- "American Coalition of Citizens with Disabilities (ACCD) | exhibits.hsp.org". digitalhistory.hsp.org. Retrieved 2019-08-16.
- "History | American Council of the Blind". www.acb.org. Retrieved 2019-08-16.
- "The Arc | For People With Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities". The Arc. Retrieved 2019-08-21.
- "B1B2B3 - Who we are". www.b1b2b3.org. Retrieved 2019-08-31.
- CIL, Inc. – Welcome
- Singh, S (May 2012). "Broadening horizons: looking beyond disability". Medical Education. 46 (5): 522. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2923.2012.04246.x. PMID 22515781. S2CID 33404803.
- About Us — MFI Portal
- MindFreedom International: Advocating for human rights – NEC Article
- "National Association of the Deaf". National Association of the Deaf. Retrieved 2019-03-23.
- "Not Dead Yet". Not Dead Yet. Retrieved 2019-08-21.
- "TASH is an international leader in disability advocacy". tash.org. Retrieved 2019-08-21.
- "Home". Tourette Association of America. Retrieved 2019-08-21.
- "Seeing beyond disability | YAI". www.yai.org. Retrieved 2019-08-21.