List of disability organizations
(Redirected from List of disability rights organizations)
This is a list of disability organizations, including advocacy groups and charities that provide services to people with disabilities.
- American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (AAIDD): (1876) – AAIDD are promoters for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD):(1995) – a cross-disability organization that focuses on advocacy and services.
- American Coalition of Citizens with Disabilities (ACCD): (1975) - coalition of local, state and national disability organizations.
- American Council of the Blind (ACB): represents a diverse range of groups within the blind community.
- American Diabetes Association (ADA): (1939) - educates the public about diabetes.
- American Disabled for Attendant Programs Today (ADAPT): (1983) – ADAPT fought for the rights of people who lived with dishabilles to live as equals.
- American Foundation for the Blind :(1921) – primarily serves the blind population and focuses on advocacy and services.
- The Arc of the United States - A national organization serving people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- ARC Association for Real Change: (1976) - supports the providers of the individuals with learning disabilities.
- Aspies For Freedom (AFF): Raises public awareness for autism.
- Autism National Committee (AUTCOM): American advocacy association of autistic people and their allies.
- Autism Network International (ANI): (1992) - Advocacy and self-help for autism.
- Autistic Self Advocacy Network (ASAN): (2006) - Advocacy to empower autism world wide.
- Burton Blatt Institute (BBI): Advance the civic, economic, and social participation of persons with disabilities in a global society.
- Canadian National Institute for the Blind (CNIB): (1918) - Volunteer organization dedicated to assisting Canadians who are blind.
- Catalan Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired: (1993) - Helps support blind and visually impaired in everyday life.
- Center for Independent Living (1972) 
- Children Against Force Labor (CAFOL) Work with both children and parents who are going with disabilities in Liberia.
- Community Alliance for the Ethical Treatment of Youth
- Community Options (1989)
- Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates
- Disability Rights Commission
- Disability Rights Education & Defense Fund (1979)
- Disabled American Veterans
- Disabled Children's Computer Group
- Disabled in Action (1970)
- Disabled Peoples' International
- DisAbled Women's Network Canada
- Easter Seals (1916) – an international organization that provides services, education, outreach, and advocacy so that people living with Autism and other disabilities can live, learn, work, and play in their communities.
- Enabling Unit – It ensures affirmative action’s concerning persons with disabilities at University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi and is a first such unit for students with disabilities in any medical institution in India.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- FAIDD (The Finnish Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities)
- Foundation for Active Rehabilitation
- Galloway's Society for the Blind
- Handicap International
- IDIRIYA, not-for-profit Sri Lankan NGO promoting "Accessibility at Public Buildings and Facilities" and focusing on "Accessible Tourism for All".
- Infinite Ability – a special interest group within the Medical Humanities Group of University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi, India.
- International Blind Sports Federation
- International Disability and Development Consortium (IDDC)
- International Ventilator Users Network
- Landmine Survivors Network
- Latvian Association for Support of Disabled People
- Little People of America - the national organization for people with skeletal dysplasias that result in short stature.
- Mental Disability Advocacy Center (MDAC)
- Mental Disability Rights International
- Mind (The National Association for Mental Health, UK)
- MindFreedom International (1990)
- Movement for the Intellectually Disabled of Singapore (MINDS)
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- National Association of the Deaf (1880) – an American organization that primarily serves the Deaf population and focuses on advocacy and services.
- National Autistic Society
- National Disabled Women's Educational Equity Project
- National Down Syndrome Congress (1973) – a national (American) not-for-profit organization that provides individuals, families, and health care providers information and support about Down syndrome, as well as advocating with and on behalf of individuals with Down syndrome.
- National Federation of the Blind
- National Spinal Cord Injury Association
- Northern Ireland Deaf Youth Association
- Not Dead Yet 
- People with Disability Australia
- Post-Polio Health International
- Purple (We are Purple) UK Based Disability rights and payments organisation
- Rehabilitation International
- RADAR (The Royal Association for Disability Rights)
- RNIB (The Royal National Institute of Blind people)
- RNID (The Royal National Institute for Deaf people)
- Sightsavers India ( Blind NGO )
- Spastic Society of Gurgaon (2007) - Indian Organization providing care to persons with cerebral palsy, mental retardation, autism, multiple disabilities
- Special Hockey International
- Special Olympics
- TASH (organization) 
- Tourette Association of America  - A national organization dedicated to the support of people living with Tourette Syndrome
- United Cerebral Palsy
- United Spinal Association, formerly the Eastern Paralyzed Veterans Association
- YAI, The National Institute For People With Disabilities Network (previously known as Young Adult Institute)
- Special Neighborhood is a social media platform where all people specially abled can connect with each other.
- "Home". aaidd.org. Retrieved 2019-04-09.
- "The American Association of People with Disabilities". www.aapd.com. Retrieved 2019-04-09.
- "American Coalition of Citizens with Disabilities (ACCD) | exhibits.hsp.org". digitalhistory.hsp.org. Retrieved 2019-08-16.
- "History | American Council of the Blind". www.acb.org. Retrieved 2019-08-16.
- "ADAPT - Free Our People!". ADAPT - Free Our People!. Retrieved 2019-04-08.
- "ADAPT ONLINE MUSEUM". adaptmuseum.net. Retrieved 2019-04-08.
- "The Arc | For People With Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities". The Arc. Retrieved 2019-08-21.
- "B1B2B3 - Who we are". www.b1b2b3.org. Retrieved 2019-08-31.
- CIL, Inc. – Welcome
- Singh, S (May 2012). "Broadening horizons: looking beyond disability". Medical education. 46 (5): 522. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2923.2012.04246.x. PMID 22515781.
- About Us — MFI Portal
- MindFreedom International: Advocating for human rights – NEC Article
- "National Association of the Deaf". National Association of the Deaf. Retrieved 2019-03-23.
- "Not Dead Yet". Not Dead Yet. Retrieved 2019-08-21.
- "TASH is an international leader in disability advocacy". tash.org. Retrieved 2019-08-21.
- "Home". Tourette Association of America. Retrieved 2019-08-21.
- "Seeing beyond disability | YAI". www.yai.org. Retrieved 2019-08-21.